texass yes tex-ass -6 looks too easy

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
texass beat my Sooners 49 zip last year. a thrashing.

texass is better this year than they were last year, in all three phases of the game.

texass shorthorns -6 looks too easy.

all you can eat, baby ???

texass beat my Sooners 49 zip last year. a thrashing.

texass is better this year than they were last year, in all three phases of the game.

texass shorthorns -6 looks too easy.

all you can eat, baby ???
Usually love betting against the "too easy" stuff but not when it's moved from 4 to 6, bad recipe betting into that steam

Just gonna watch and maybe bet live if something pops

Usually love betting against the "too easy" stuff but not when it's moved from 4 to 6, bad recipe betting into that steam

Just gonna watch and maybe bet live if something pops
I hear ya.
midweek steam certainly outperforms late week or gameday steam, at least historically, but it has been a minute since i have looked at these trends so i may be mistaken.

i just don't see how my lowly Sooners are going to stay with the loaded texass shorthorns ??

I hear ya.
midweek steam certainly outperforms late week or gameday steam, at least historically, but it has been a minute since i have looked at these trends so i may be mistaken.

i just don't see how my lowly Sooners are going to stay with the loaded texass shorthorns ??
If I had a free bet for this game only I'd take OU +6

But I don't, so I won't

Sooners are a lot better themselves, I think this game be a lot tougher than most seem to.
i am not sure what people out there are picking but the betting market suggest that tex-ass by 6 is the right price so i don't think many are seeing a blowout.

as a Sooner supporter, i am concerned that we will lose by DD.

Have come to the conclusion that the best way for me to tackle this game is to zig zag live, both side and total are open to that.

Sooners are a lot better themselves, I think this game be a lot tougher than most seem to.
Almost always is.....but ultimately the Texas D is going to wear them down imo. I keep looking for reasons to not bet the Horns. This is a Texas team that is balanced, well coached, athletic. Suprisingly for a Texas team, the one weakness that could make this line too much is a guy named "Auburn" who is 2 for 6 at 40+ Bert Auburn 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

Almost always is.....but ultimately the Texas D is going to wear them down imo. I keep looking for reasons to not bet the Horns. This is a Texas team that is balanced, well coached, athletic. Suprisingly for a Texas team, the one weakness that could make this line too much is a guy named "Auburn" who is 2 for 6 at 40+ Bert Auburn 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

I have tons of respect for horns, I been waiting for them to be a playoff team since they hired stark!! I bet them at bama!! I agree they different this year cause the Los on both sides. I just dunno tho, I think Sooners are really good too. I agree they prob not quite there on the dline but I’ll take venables scheme all day and he has some dudes. What the BTB guys said that rang very interesting to me bout Sooners pace, that might be able to neutralize the horns defensive front, not to mention Sooners have some very good tackles protecting Gabriel. If you made me I’d take the points but I honestly don’t think I’m betting this game, not a side anyways, you know me I’m eying a few props!!!

I got the 85 inch tv primed and ready for this one.

Beginning the new family tradition of us all watching this rivalry game together (this year at the house, maybe at the game next year if you guys loan me some money I don't have to pay back).

I think it will be a great game and go down to the wire. Texas usually not the best in those types of games unless they are three td favorites. cough cough.

i keep trying to imagine what i would pick if the underdog was not wearing the Red Sooner Jersey and i keep coming up with:

Take the 6 points.

probably impossible for me to be neutral in this game due to my Sooner allegiance.

Yeah it's a tough game. Alabama was awful in that game and hard to feel out how much of a juggernaut UT really is...

Feel like Gabriel wouldn't score vs. a George type defense. Curious to see if he does well against UT.

Yeah it's a tough game. Alabama was awful in that game and hard to feel out how much of a juggernaut UT really is...

Feel like Gabriel wouldn't score vs. a George type defense. Curious to see if he does well against UT.

Im looking at stats and for life of me can’t figure out how Sooners apparently avg 39 rushes a game for 159 or so yards? The few weeks I followed/watched large parts of their games they had virtually no run game to speak of! Against cincy I was pissed off every time they even attempted a run cause it was a total waste of a down! Not shocking despite Gabriel throwing all over the bearcats they only managed 20 points!! This is my concern for the Sooners, I just don’t think they gonna have much of any success on the ground, I don’t think that means they can’t win or be in the game, I think the point about the pace they play with will help negate texas pass rush plus Sooners line just solid pass protectors so I think between the 20s Gabriel is gonna be able to move them. I think it will get very tough on him once they into scoring range and the field is condensed, that where not being able to run is gonna hurt them most imo. Once horns don’t have to worry about giving up a big play and can smoother the short stuff I dunno if Sooners can score tds?

That said the Sooners d has been incredibly stingy in the red zone as well, it just I think horns have more things they will have to defend in the condensed space. Kinda why I like the under even tho I prob be scared to play it, lol. Think there will def be drives that end in 3s instead of 7s, and with that stupid clock always moving now, I think 31 points wins this game, which should mean under!

how much of Bama looking "awful" was due to tex-ass being good?

so many times a team looks strong until they play another strong team who makes them look average.

That said the Sooners d has been incredibly stingy in the red zone as well, it just I think horns have more things they will have to defend in the condensed space. Kinda why I like the under even tho I prob be scared to play it, lol. Think there will def be drives that end in 3s instead of 7s, and with that stupid clock always moving now, I think 31 points wins this game, which should mean under!
we have not played anyone yet, that is the problem.

Arkie Lite
SM-Who?
Tulsa (little brother)
Cincy (nowhere near as good as when Fickell was there)
Iowa State (awful this year but i do like HC Matt Campbell)

tomorrow will by far the Best O we have played this season by a mile.

we have not played anyone yet, that is the problem.

Arkie Lite
SM-Who?
Tulsa (little brother)
Cincy (nowhere near as good as when Fickell was there)
Iowa State (awful this year but i do like HC Matt Campbell)

tomorrow will by far the Best O we have played this season by a mile.

Well yes there no question this easily the best team ya’ll have faced by a very wide margin. That doesn’t mean the d isn’t good tho, it just means we not sure!! Lol.

I thought I did learn some things in cincy game, Cincy still has a lot of very good players in their front 7 so I thought it was important to see Sooners protect well,, they couldn’t run for shit on them tho and while Gabriel picked the secondary apart once they got into scoring range they struggled, I don’t think Cincy secondary that great., this why I worry bout Sooners scoring tds even tho I think they will move it between the 20s.

Lest we forget it was 10-10 ut/Wyoming deep in the 3rd quarter.

I’m in Dallas, and will be at the game, cheering on our Sooners.

I think OU will be competitive.

I don’t hold games like that against a top team just like I don’t hold allowing isu 20 in 1st half against Sooners. That kinda stuff gonna happen to every team throughout a season. Wyo not punks, not nearly as talented as texas but certainly not punks!!

I agree it gonna be a very competitive game. I’d be shocked if either team won by more than 10.,

that was the week after they beat Bama in Bama. i attribute that mostly to a hangover after a huge road win over a fellow national brand program.

OU struggled mightily vs SMU. go look at the tape.

trust me on this. we can cherrypick a lot of things against both teams.

they will both very up for this game.

i think texass has the slight talent edge.

I will pick texass by 4. OU covers but texass wins.

that was the week after they beat Bama in Bama. i attribute that mostly to a hangover after a huge road win over a fellow national brand program.

OU struggled mightily vs SMU. go look at the tape.

trust me on this. we can cherrypick a lot of things against both teams.

they will both very up for this game.

i think texass has the slight talent edge.

I will pick texass by 4. OU covers but texass wins.

Yea I think it crazy to try and cap these games by picking out spots a team struggled w a lessor team. How many champions have we had ever that didn’t have one or 2 games they let a inferior team give them a scare or hang in a game? It happens to almost every team no matter how good at least once, sometimes twice!! We talking bout 18-22 year olds being told how great they are all around a college campus! Can’t judge those teams based off letdowns against teams they know they better than!!

I don’t hold games like that against a top team just like I don’t hold allowing isu 20 in 1st half against Sooners. That kinda stuff gonna happen to every team throughout a season. Wyo not punks, not nearly as talented as texas but certainly not punks!!

I agree it gonna be a very competitive game. I’d be shocked if either team won by more than 10.,

I wouldn’t use that game to cap this game, just stating that Texas hasn’t been a dominant juggernaut every game they’ve played. I do think they are better than OU, but I’ve seen OU be the far better team, and lose easily in this rivalry.

I wouldn’t use that game to cap this game, just stating that Texas hasn’t been a dominant juggernaut every game they’ve played. I do think they are better than OU, but I’ve seen OU be the far better team, and lose easily in this rivalry.

I got ya, Im pretty sure I mentioned the Wyoming game also in response to Ou looking bad vs someone, lol. I think we all know a team gonna have days they don’t look great, I don’t like using those against any the top teams really cause we know that a totally different situation than a big game.

Far as this game I hear ya, the better team most def doesn’t always win this game, matter a fact doesn’t the dog tend to do very well over the course this rivalry? I do think texas is further along, stark been there several more years than Venables been at Ou. I’d say horns had more to fix when stark showed up but that dude Lincoln Riley won’t fire who a god awful DC had left Sooners in very bad shape on that side the ball! I think another year or so and Venables will have them looking like you would expect, straight up mammoth dudes on the dline! He has brought them a long way from the shit show this defense had become!! And I think he fantastic scheming to disrupt offenses so I fully expect horns offense won’t just be lighting it up 2marro!! I’d be shocked if this wasn’t a good game, that only thing I can say rather confidently. That and one these 2 gonna end up in the playoff!

how much of Bama looking "awful" was due to tex-ass being good?

so many times a team looks strong until they play another strong team who makes them look average.

Watched the entire game. That’s a game where if Bryce Young is still there the final score is 40 points different. That same team has 3 points vs USF for 3 quarters the next week! Albeit in a hurricane.

Watched the entire game. That’s a game where if Bryce Young is still there the final score is 40 points different. That same team has 3 points vs USF for 3 quarters the next week! Albeit in a hurricane.

Well in fairness to texas they had bama on the ropes last year w Bryce young, im pretty confident had Ewers not gotten hurt horns beat bama last year. With that said I’m not convinced texas can connect on one bomb after another on the Sooners d.

I'm not sure the better team won today but I will take it.

This beats the heck out of last year's halfway point of the season.

Feeling fortunate right now........

Texas played some bad football in that game. I still think Texas is the better squad but I do feel OU played the better game. 3 turnovers to 0 (though in my mind it was 3-1 due to blocked punt result) and a ton of penalties in a big game (again). Texas went 3 for 4 on fourth down. I thought at least for the majority of the game that OU was the tougher team in the trenches. It probably evened out some by the end of the game.

I think Sark, along with paying players, is doing a good job of changing some of the Texas culture in the football program but you just see the difference sometimes with how hard some teams try compared to others. Oklahoma is a craphole. Norman is a craphole city. Limited distractions compared to living in the Capitol of Texas and it shows sometimes.

BTW Jaylan Ford will never play as bad a football game as long as he lives. Good player but my word he was lost out there last Saturday.

Still, I liked what I saw from Texas as a team. Almost won a game against a really good opponent while playing their B Minus level and the other team playing what I would think was their solid A game.

Back