Texas

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
Going to have to keep an eye on the weather, Sunday looks like 72%. But it’s “later in the day” so hopefully they get it in with the early start.

Only six of the 35 won from pole. Last one was in 2010. Not really surprising honestly. No traction compound has been put down since last year’s race, so I’m cautiously optimistic. They only have the one practice session before Q , and with the changes they can make (see below link) I expect it to be busy and chaotic. The session after Q is something I’m interested in as there’s no way in hell everyone will be where they want to be.

Obviously Dixon is high on the list as an early play. Josef’s last 5? 1,3,6,2 and 1

4B549AE2-4C57-4B47-A49A-E7DBA51C584D.png

And fwiw, I’m already on Sato at 20-1 at Indy. Already with two under his belt and he’ll be with the best team and best car he’s ever been in (Ganassi). And you know damn well if he’s there at the end he’ll send it

Great news. Damn it would be nice to have the old races again. Little more than cautiously optimistic now. Making them all participate this year.

Rahal cars are straight trash. Penske, Ganassi and McLaren cars will all compare notes and be fine. Ilott will be with a new team next year. He’s still a little raw but damn he’s fast for the ride he’s in. They should easily break the pole record

They lost a good bit of speed with the warming. Track was over 25 degrees higher than the practice. McLaren 1,3 and 5.

BD0ADF5D-95B2-4C1A-9A86-B25BE8DB316A.jpeg

From this last session I’m thinking the Penske or Ganassi cars are the ones to beat in race trim. Dixon says this is the least tire degradation here in 10 years. Rossi and Pato used the high line more than most and the general consensus is that it’s definitely better than last year. Should be a good one.

BB469C2F-1870-4CBE-A8E6-7EB73E4D190C.jpeg

Helio had a bad bearing in his gear box and was going to lose the last ten minutes of the session anyway because of being late to the weigh in. Oh well. Hopefully we’ll have some good matchups

Still no matchups. Rumor is they’ll start it early to beat the rain which is 40% at 1pm. Sounds like bad weather too. Added Sato +2500 (.04) .

I can’t attempt to pick the winners out of those groups. Hopefully we’ll get a few more, especially the bottom feeders

Oh well guess that’s all they’re putting up. Maybe they’ll get their shit together before long or hire me to post em. It’s not rocket science. Hope they stay safe and GLTA . Cheers.

Best race we’ve seen in Texas in a damn while. Arguably the best race since Fontana in 2015. Shame it was a caution but that’s ok. Still woulda loved to see that duel for a couple more laps. Incredible racing.

Back