Texas Tech

If Oklahoma isn't favored by at least 3, I'll be on the Sooners........Maybe I need to take off the Red Fader glasses?

Can't wait till that game. Tech beat Texas, Texas beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma beats Tech? Go figure.

this is the tricky game for TT.

it'l be hard not to back them in Norman...but which side i'm on will depend entirely upon health.
if things are the same as they were today, health-wise, then i have to take TT...despite my take on this game. reason is that the sooner's defense is missing too much.
however, if the sooner defense can get health...and quick...then this is the spot i think TT gets a loss.

spacer.gif

Edit
RJ Esq is the biggest OU fan ever for the next 3 weeks. 7:34pm

Posted on Facebook towards the end of the TT-OSU game. Boomer Sooner!

bet em last night +750 to win it all

I threw $20 on them before the season @ 52:1. I did it hoping they would be undefeated going into Norman. Now, I just may let it ride. They are better than I thought they could be.
:smiley_acbe:

Offense looks damn good

You saw that the key to beating TT is the ability to get to Harrell for sacks and hurries. Texas got there abit but not enough and almost pulled out the win. OSU didn't get there at all and brought the house leaving receivers on 1 on 1 coverage.

Think OU will have a much better time getting pressure on Harrell.

Also, TT has to leave Lubbock for the first time on their 3 game tour (with a bye in the middle--weak!). Both teams with the bye. OU is normally lights out at Norman.

And...remember...this is a HUGE revenge game for OU because they could have been playing for the MNC when Tech beat them in Lubbock last year but got routed after Bradford got knocked out early.

OU will be looking for payback and should get it. If they can make it ugly too, they will. They need to jump Texas in the BCS to get the tie-breaker in a 3 way tie.

Many people forget that our last trip to Norman we were up like 14 or 21 points at halftime and blew the lead. This isn't your typical Texas Tech team. It's time to look past the name on the front of the jersey. Should be a good game. I would expect OU -5.5

it don't matter with revenge RJ...

You cannot stop tech's offense, whether your defense is full of emotion or not. It's a well oiled machine like VK said.

Tech's d is so underrated too...but if game comes down to last few minutes I want the ball in Harrel's hands.

If OU struggled with McCoy, they are in for a long day with Harrell..he will feast on that secondary.

Here's the thing.

Oklahoma couldn't get to McCoy to save their lives. That was the difference between this year's Red River Shootout to past years. It was reversed, Texas got pressure on Oklahoma and Texas protected their quarterback.

TT is not going to face more pressure then they did vs. Texas. Oklahoma is not going to get to Harrell, not a chance. The Sooners pass defense is horrible. When they can't get to the qb they have no chance.

----I thought for sure TT was going to lose one between Okie State and Oklahoma. And I thought Okie would be the one.

TT might be good enough to win out. Just have to realize that as a possibility.

it don't matter with revenge RJ...

You cannot stop tech's offense, whether your defense is full of emotion or not. It's a well oiled machine like VK said.

Tech's d is so underrated too...but if game comes down to last few minutes I want the ball in Harrel's hands.

If OU struggled with McCoy, they are in for a long day with Harrell..he will feast on that secondary.

Hey, I agree with all your points.

The difference here will be depend on the following in order of importance IMO: (1) Home field advantage, (2) whether OU can beat TT's OL with no more than 4 rushing, and (3) revenge/emotion.

I dunno man...Tech is one of those teams that could put up 60 if the game was on Mars with a martian crowd...

OU might get to the qb...BUT it will be extremely hard...

Tech's niche is having so little yardage to go on 3rd downs..they burn you on the bg play on 3rd and short becasue Leach goes for 4th and everything if he has to.

Emotion can be thrown out the window...it's equal on both sides...Tech is plyaing for the BCS championship game here, and control their own destiny.

This may very well be a special Tech team. And yes, they are seriously good.

You keep talking about the Tech offense, which is awesome. And the defense is much improved under Ruffin.

But what about OU? After getting used to playing without Ryan Reynolds in the middle, their defense has been good. In addition, their offense has been lights out averaging 60 in the last 3 games. They could have put 80+ on A&M yesterday.

It should be a close game. Both teams have something to play for: Tech for the Conference, OU possibly for the Conference or the at-large BCS bid.

In this game, I'd lean to the home team.

BTW, I'm not sure who I should be rooting for anymore:

1. Wanting the MNC game may be too greedy because there is a possibility that OU jumps Texas in the BCS and goes instead in the case of a three way tie. In that case, Texas could be in a good bowl but a non-BCS bowl.
2. If TT wins, they will win the conference and will likely go to the MNC game. So Texas would lose the MNC game but would probably get a BCS game.

Personally, I think I'll root to be greedy and hope to win the conference. But that places us in a position where it is Big XII Title Game or Non-BCS Bowl with no middle ground.

I gotta see the line..but if its over 4 or 5 I gotta take Tech.

Oklahoma has played pansies the last three weeks..throw that out the window.

BCS made a very good adjustment putting Texas #3 behind TT and 2 spots ahead of OU. Considering that Texas was 4 seconds from staying #1, its' actually a very sensible result.

Also, just so nobody tries to call me out for having Burnt Orange glasses, my current power rankings have Tech #1 in the Big XII after that win. They are:

TT (106)
Texas (104)
OU (104)
Okie Lite (101)

Early on in the season, I had Tech at 96 (same as Texas but behind OU), but dropped them all the way down to 91 after the A&M game. Since then I've adjusted Tech +5 in each of the last 3 games.

Clearly they are on a run and have a hot hand.

rj, Its going to take a miracle for Texas to get in now. Maybe if Tech beats OU then loses to Mizzu in the Big 12 title game?

rj, Its going to take a miracle for Texas to get in now. Maybe if Tech beats OU then loses to Mizzu in the Big 12 title game?

OU beats Tech, OU beats OSU and pray OU doesn't jump Texas. Could happen.

Tech losing in the conference championship will put USC in the championship.

From what I recall Nebraska methodically moved it down the field. Didn't even go for the deep pass. Ran it, and threw short to intemediate, just enough to tabulate first downs. Lot of 3rd and manageables. When your playing Tech you can't get in the mindset that you have to go faced pace and keep scoring keep scoring and get fancy. Just keep possession. I know Texas and Okie State are used to the big play and always relying on that. ---Nebraska really controlled that game. TT moved it really well but they were not on the field alot and not in their comfort zone with the way the game went. Nebraska forced a stop here and there and that's all they needed. Forced TT to press.

Nebraska had numerous opportunities in the red zone and settled for field goals and the game went to Overtime.

----This TT team looked like crap in the opener against Eastern Washington and then struggled with Nevada on the road and won in thanks to turnovers. IMO they looked like major pretenders until the Kansas game. REally have stepped their game up another notch or two. But are they world beaters after 3 games?? Don't think there as great as everybody says, nothing is as good as it seems and nothing is as bad as it seem. An Earle Bruce quote and that holds very true.

Rooting for them I'd like to see someone win it all besides USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU, ect ect all these brand teams just keep rotating.

After watching Alabama struggle against LSU, I'm not convinced there is a clear cut #1 through #5 team in the country. This is why college football is so great. Turnovers and home field advantage (depending on the school, time of game, make-up of stadium) are huge.

I think any of these schools are legit and could beat anyone:
Alabama
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Texas
Florida

Typical Texas Tech would beat OU in Norman and lay an egg against Mizzou in the Big 12 championship game. So far, they have proved to me that this year they aren't "typical Tech". We'll see how the OU game plays out...

The only team I do not want to face is Florida. Their speed on defense and elite execution of their offense would not match up in our (Texas Tech's) favor. On the flip side, it is college football and upsets happen.

:shake:

Back