Texas Tech vs. Okie St

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
Know a trap when I see it.
Although we can score on anyone, anyone can score on us.
TTU always struggles @ Stoolwater; after losing to Troy, this is OSU's superbowl.
Don't be fooled, opened at TTU -1.5 now at 6.5
OSU should be favored in this game.
TRAP TRAP TRAP. Give me the Cowboys +6.5 hope it gets to 7 or higher and it will be $.

Don't fall for the :moose:

Know a trap when I see it.
Although we can score on anyone, anyone can score on us.
TTU always struggles @ Stoolwater; after losing to Troy, this is OSU's superbowl.
Don't be fooled, opened at TTU -1.5 now at 6.5
OSU should be favored in this game.
TRAP TRAP TRAP. Give me the Cowboys +6.5 hope it gets to 7 or higher and it will be $.

Don't fall for the :moose:

The line is too high for me now as well.

Not only is the starting C out, but Gundy made the back-up QB the starter. This will be only his second career start.

Zac Robinson didn't fare as well in his first-ever collegiate start at quarterback, going 18-of-38 for 196 yards, one touchdown, two interceptions and one lost fumble. While he wasn't impressive, he wasn't a disaster, which was apparently enough for Gundy to re-affirm his position from immediately after the loss to the Trojans: That Robinson is the starter in the Big 12 opener this week against Texas Tech in Stillwater. Gundy, who said that Robinson played "good" to "average" against Troy, added that Bobby Reid is solidly the No. 2 quarterback.

So while the quarterback situation is seemingly settled, OSU has a bigger problem now, which is finding a replacement for center David Washington. He suffered a broken leg this weekend and is out for the season. That's a big loss for the Pokes, as Washington has started at center in every game since the beginning of the 2005 season.

"It's a tremendous loss for us," Gundy said. "He's been quarterbacking the offensive line for three years now. It is what it is, there's no reason to hide it. Everybody knows your center makes all your calls. Extremely difficult to lose a guy who's made all your calls for two years."

:cheers: Change your mind now, techie?

mike leach is a weasel. that is the only analysis that i have 100 percent certainty about concerning these two teams.

i agree, Ok. St. looked hopeless, on the sidelines there players were laughing and joking around like there wasn't even a game going on. I got my TT at -5, i just hope Ok. St. dosen't get into a rythym b/c if they do it'll be who scores last.

Any oklahoma state fans or locals know if there is any feelings of dissent on this team regarding the bobby reid benching ?? Bowman had a few drops during the Troy ass whipping. just wondering.

i agree, Ok. St. looked hopeless, on the sidelines there players were laughing and joking around like there wasn't even a game going on. I got my TT at -5, i just hope Ok. St. dosen't get into a rythym b/c if they do it'll be who scores last.

My point exactly. I accept losing that bet, what I don't accept is the players attitudes on that team and their HC was even making jokes in his press conference. Now that I know they are spinless and have no heart I will avoid their games all together.

Any oklahoma state fans or locals know if there is any feelings of dissent on this team regarding the bobby reid benching ?? Bowman had a few drops during the Troy ass whipping. just wondering.

things are never pretty when you get your ass beat on
national tv.

the biggest problems right now are fumbling away your first two possesions, throwing gas on a live dog fire and piss poor defense.

there is massive uproar against the coach more than a QB controversy, some fans have indicated some team dissension, i feel like a couple of scoring drives should cure that. to me there is absolutely no doubt Robinson is the best QB, you should get a night and day type performance from the team offensively. You are on your own with the God awful defense though.

i would look over the last four osu/tek game scores before thinking this is an easy one for tek.

there is no doubt you will see a physical running offense designed to control the ball from ostate on saturday.

gl'an_horse'

Over bet is solid if and only if Ok. St. gets into a rythm b/c if they get into another Troy funk where it becomes 68 comedians on the sidelines instead of 68 football players than texas tech could put in teh back up QB once they hit upper 40's in terms of points.

Taylor Potts (back up QB) will not get a sniff of playing time whether we are up 40 points or down 40 points. In OOC patsy games, yes, but in big 12 play, no.

Leach picks his guy, and sticks with him.

Leach let up ??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHH oh my g....... hahahahha ........ you're killing me ........ leach ...... let up ... bwahahahaaa. If Leach can put 60 on a conference opponent he will. If he can put 60 up on a non - conference opponent , he will. If he can run the score up on Chaminade-Juliene Catholic High Schools intra-mural Nun flag football team , he will. He is a weasel. Harrell , is also starting to get looks as possible heisman candidate ..... if not for this year .. setting up for next year. He will leave him in. Something about okie state just has not been right and I haven't been able to put my finger on it. That's why I asked if the team was divided on the qb thing. Bowman give an excuse as to why he forgot how to catch ? Troy made this defense look slow in coverage ..... so oklahoma state fans better hope it is because they were a team of comedians ... or heartless ... or pussies. Because if they were being serious, playing with heart and a sack and that is just all they have ... well , hell it's gonna be a long year for them.

Mike Leach is a kind and generous human, is an asset to mankind, and deserves our respect and admiration...that beautiful human being has won me a lot of money the last few years...

why such hatred for coach? i know you were big on smu +9 in week 1, but come on. bygones are bygones. lets win this one

I don't cheer against texas tech. the smu bet i am only mad at myself for misevaluating the game .... TECH spanked them as badly as the score showed. Just hard to respect Leach is all. His ego wants his offense to lead the nation in yards and scoring so he keeps running his gimmick offense all the way until the final whistle so he can have the misleading stats at the end of the year that other teams don't have because they showed class. It is sort of the same reason he goes for it so much on fourth down.
If he fails at his own thirty no big deal ... he isn't a genius for his defensive mind ... it's his offensive mind. As I have said in other threads and for years now , the guy can coach his brand of offensive football and coach it well. He just lacks a little human decency in my mind. Might be better suited for nfl or some other professional league ... not a guy I want teaching my kids lessons on life. But that doesn't mean I cheer against the Red Raiders .. in fact I was cheering for them pretty heavily last year in the bowl game comeback despite not having any dinero on the game. Just the same , if you want me to lay off of insulting him in your threads , I can respect that. But you ahve to admit ..... the insults are kind of funny.

:4_17_208:

tech-justice-leach.JPG

money;

His name was Antonio Huffman, he graduated. I don't understand you when you say he throws the ball until the final whistle. Our offense is designed to throw the ball. Screens, shovel passes etc are running plays for TT.

Do you hate on Hawaii for consistently throwing the ball? Arizona? New Mexico State? Rice? Florida? Baylor? Oregon? Toledo? BYU? The offense is designed to consistently and effectively throw the ball.

If it is 4th & 1, why not go for it? The odds of converting the first down for TT are ridiculous. It's the same reason that Bob Stoops lines up on 4th & 1 against Tech with his big boys and runs it down TT's throat.

Simply, the coaches do it because they know that their offensive unit is superior to the opponent's defense.

You can't blame a coach for putting his team in a position to win, especially when you back that coach with some cash.

ok ok i will put a personal moratorium on putting down Coach Leach. heck I will even add signal and steed to the moratorium too. Hope I did not offend you in any way ynn. My only intent was having fun. Your Tech posts are informative and I enjoy them and probably should not interject my personal opinion of the coach other than how he effects the spread. He is kind to those who back the raiders with cash, that is for sure. No offense meant and i hope none taken. i will stop.

For the most part teams are not as bad/good as they looked the week before. Don't count out Okla st this week. Whole different team at home. Just saying

I want Mike Leach to come be the offensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears. Will never happen, but a man can dream.

why such hatred for coach? i know you were big on smu +9 in week 1, but come on. bygones are bygones. lets win this one

calling my town stoolwater then have to worry about poor mike leach getting insulted.:36_11_6:

that's what i like about sand aggies

Getting insulted? I was showing Vegas his incompetence about the TTU offense. What do I care about him insulting Leach? I asked WHY.

Were you born at Covers?

Ok , I am not sure why you believe I am imcompetent concerning Texas Techs offense. I was talking about running up the score. You mentioned SMU so lets just look at the last two times Tech traveled to SMU. In the game this year, the red raiders went for a TD on fourth and goal with just over 5 minutes remaining in the game, ahead 42-9. That has nothing to do with what style of offense they run. It is all about a mentality of scoring as much as possible at all times. The previous time that Tech played at SMU they threw the ball into the endzone trying to score again while up 14 ...... ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME ! I was done with this , and as I said before , I meant no disrespect to you or any Red Raider fan. I should not have invaded your thread with my leach insults...... but I always tried to show you personal respect. Calling me incompetent as to Techs offensive system is not only erroneous but not applicable to the poitn I was making. I want to be friends, and i am willing to be friends while we disagree .... but I am not so willingly happy about being referred to as incompetent.

Heard on TTU message board that OSU has implemented a zone read to fit the more mobile QB Robinson.

Zone reads + mobile quarterbacks + fishy line = $

Should be an interesting game.

Hope the favorite lays more points

Heard on TTU message board that OSU has implemented a zone read to fit the more mobile QB Robinson.

I can't believe Robinson is more mobile than Reid.

FYI - Game team totals are as follows:

Tech - 38.0
OSU - 33.0

As of now, I would lean Tech. However, it's a road game for them and they don't play as well on the road.

Ok , I am not sure why you believe I am imcompetent concerning Texas Techs offense. I was talking about running up the score. You mentioned SMU so lets just look at the last two times Tech traveled to SMU. In the game this year, the red raiders went for a TD on fourth and goal with just over 5 minutes remaining in the game, ahead 42-9. That has nothing to do with what style of offense they run. It is all about a mentality of scoring as much as possible at all times. The previous time that Tech played at SMU they threw the ball into the endzone trying to score again while up 14 ...... ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME ! I was done with this , and as I said before , I meant no disrespect to you or any Red Raider fan. I should not have invaded your thread with my leach insults...... but I always tried to show you personal respect. Calling me incompetent as to Techs offensive system is not only erroneous but not applicable to the poitn I was making. I want to be friends, and i am willing to be friends while we disagree .... but I am not so willingly happy about being referred to as incompetent.

vegas- need to know your facts dude, before writing crap like that....leach is a town drunk! he has a ton of fun with his kids/students/players in the ol' west texas town of lubbock. he has a law degree and is actually very intelligent. he has a great offensive mind which does great at texas tech with the players they are able to recruit. a couple years ago, leach had a scoring deal in his contract. yes, IN HIS CONTRACT, if he scored over this many points over the season he got a huge bonus. He called SMU coach Bennett to tell him this a few days later after Bennett went ballistic. the following year, texas tech revised his contract and took it out. He goes for it on 4th down all the time. He will always try and score with backups. Potts(highest national recruit ever) was playing this year when it was 42-9. get your facts straight before mouthing off what you don't know. get your guns up!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

lean for the game: osu plus points should be the play......defense will be a problem....not sure they can stop the osu run

My facts were exactly correct. I wouldn't care if the punter was playing center and the head cheerleader was playing qb. It is attempting to run up the score. Whether that is because he wants to make more money is irrelevant. I can accept the argument that maybe someone thinks there is nothing wrong with running up the score but an argument stating that this is not what is happening is laughable at best ... though much closer to idiocy. Did Texas Tech go for it on fourth and goal with just over 5 minutes remaining ahead 42 - 9 in the fourth quarter ?? yes, that is a fact. To me , this is running it up by definition. Did Texas Tech throw into the end zone on the last play of the previous game they played at smu when they could have taken a knee ? Yes , that is a fact. To me , there could NEVER be a clearer example of running it up. To argue that these instances were not running up the score implies that there is no such thing as running up the score. To argue the fact otherwise, makes any future point one makes meritless.
As for the game , it seems to depend on where the cowboys heads are at just to get it to the competitive stage. They could not cover the Troy receivers and the talented troy QB picked them apart. I realize that Stillwater is a difficult place to play and a place that the Red Raiders have struggled some in the past , but see no reason why Harrell can't pick that defense apart. And see little reason that their defensive line should get pressure beyond that HUGE line of fatties that Tech sports. I am not playing the game , and it does have some trap implications but the Red Raiders seem to match up pretty well. Instituting the read option also looks a bit desperate unless they are planning on using it very sparingly.
Good luck to you in whatever you play in this game.

Taylor Potts highest national recruit ever? HAHA. I hope you're joking.

I've already tried to explain to you the 4th down situations. OOC games are meant to be tune ups for conference games. If TT has a likely chance to convert on 4th down, why not practice that in OOC games. We're up 42-9 or whatever it is you're saying, so there are no downfalls if we actually don't convert. I don't know how to put it any simpler for you. It is a system offense, the quarterback needs the reps to be successful in the system.

On another note, the whole point of the game is to score and keep the other team from scoring. Why does it matter what quarter it is? Do you stop betting on a Saturday because you've already won a lot of bets? I'd hope not. You keep striving for more. That is the point of competition.

Can this thread get locked please? It's beyond ridiculous.

Totally agreed with u YNNHO....I really hope it gets to 7 or so. Right now..some lines are at 6...and some are at 3....and even 5. Hope it stop at 7 by 2morrow night.

BET BIG WIN BIG...LTDragon510

Last edited:
vegas- you knew leach got a bonus for scoring? highly doubtful

no joke! Potts is Tech's highest ever national recruit. i was told he was #4 qb in nation. i was told this by a very reliable source

Back