Texas Tech @ Kansas

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
Any KU guys out there?

Our placekicking and field goal unit has been so horrid that Leach announced he is considering going for 2 after every touchdown. Looks like KU has a 13 game home winning streak, but it includes some pretty weak opponents (see TTU's non-conference). KU people chime in..

:popcorn:

Obviously not a KU person but I've watched TT's last 3 games (all conf) and 2 KU conference games.

I am not impressed with TT at all. Their D is attrocious. Offense is good, more balanced with the run, but somehow doesn't seem to be as good as last year's version.

We went through TT's road problems, particularly against the North, 2 weeks ago and this game has KU win written all over it.

I don't know if TT will be looking ahead to Texas next week, but they will certainly be making a peek, particularly with the announced 7 pm start, ABC TV time and perhaps GameDay in Lubbock (who would have ever thought that?).

Meanwhile, this is a must win game for KU who sits atop the North at 2-1. Mizzou is in 2nd with 1-2 with both losses to the South and now get some healing facing Colorado for HC and three other very winnable games before the bye week and KU. A loss by KU puts them behind the 8-ball for the North Title as KU still needs to play Texas and will most likely lose all 3 to the South (lucky for Mizzou that they got Baylor as their 3rd game).

Must win for KU.

RJ. Agree with the must win for KU. With a road game at Neb and home game with Texas, this is one we have to have. I think it will come down to which D can make the most stops. Our offense is as good as TT"s. I believe our D, especially at home, is better than TT's. Slight edge to the Hawks. KU -2 reflects the close game I expect.

The TT offense is less potent because our running game is better? I do agree with the statement that our D is absolute shit. On the flip side, I haven't seen a blitz all year. Could this be the game that Leach unveils the Wildcrab?

One of my favorite angles....unranked home favorite vs. ranked road team....besides that angle, I like KU anyway....showed a little moxy(ok,just a backdoor that helped me win money)

TT is missing something as they haven't been blwoing teams out as they usually do. KU until TT can prove themselves otherwise

Any truth to the rumor that Kansas will employ the same defense that TAM did, dropping 8 back in to coverage?

KU by 7 at the least. I say 52-41 advantage to the better coached, more disciplined team with a better defense and equally potent and more balanced offense. Jayhawks roll.

Is this the same team that lost @ USF? I don't see a KU blowout. TT talent level is superior to KU. I'm only worried about "typical Tech" showing up. I don't see it happening though.

To update our pathetic kicker situation, things got really interesting tonight. I've bolded the important parts of the article for you lazy people.

New Tech kicker candidate cleared to play</MCC HEAD>
<MCC SUBHEAD></MCC SUBHEAD>

<MCC BYLINE1>BY DON WILLIAMS</MCC BYLINE1>
<MCC BYLINE2>AVALANCHE-JOURNAL</MCC BYLINE2>
<MCC STORY>Texas Tech special teams coach Clay McGuire said Tuesday that kicker Matt Williams has been cleared to play and will be given consideration for extra points and field goals. The choice this week is between freshman Donnie Carona and Williams, McGuire said.
Williams came onto the Red Raiders’ radar during their Sept. 20 game against Massachusetts when he made a 30-yard field goal during a between-quarters promotion.
He was invited to join the team the following week, though Tech coach Mike Leach thought he would have to sit out the season. Williams transferred to Tech from Tarleton State, where he made a brief attempt to walk on but never kicked in a game.
According to Tech officials, Williams was granted a one-time exception to the NCAA transfer rule because he was neither recruited by nor ever on scholarship at Tarleton, facts that required confirmation by the Tarleton athletic department. That enabled him to be eligible immediately at Tech.
Tech received the confirmation in writing and cleared Willliams on Monday.
“He’s had three or four weeks now to get back in shape,’’ McGuire said. “He’s doing a good job. He’s a confident kid. He’s real smooth. He’s looked good so far.’’
McGuire said Tech sophomore punter Jonathan LaCour, who also kicked in high school, isn’t a consideration at this point. It’s partly because LaCour’s punting average has dropped off 42.6 yards last year to 37.6 this season.
“Right now, we need him to get his punting going like he did last year,’’ McGuire said. “We want him concentrating on that and only that.’’
McGuire said the choice between Carona and Williams will be made based on how they look in practice this week.
Tech has had seven placement kicks blocked this season. Carona is 3-for-7 on field goals and was replaced last week by senior Cory Fowler, but Fowler had two extra points blocked — and one returned for two points — in the team’s 43-25 victory Saturday at Texas A&M.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/updates/test/update1.shtml

Is this the same team that lost @ USF? I don't see a KU blowout.<mcc story="">

I don't see a blowout, but a Kansas win by a FG or more gets me a cover if I decide to bet the Jayhawks.

</mcc>

Leaning TT..anytime a team of that caliber is getting points it warrants a look. My god Carona fucking sucks though.

The big key to this game will be if KU can get any pressure on Harrell and keep him out of the endzone.

I watched TTech's D live in person and if KSU wasn't terrible they would have ripped them up. Freeman tore them apart the 1st couple of drives then Prince took over w/ his dumbass game plan.

Reesing is amazing in that he can sit back there and watch stuff happen, then run or throw. KU WILL move the ball on Tech........once again the question is can KU stop Leach.....I dont know the answer.

But my God will I be rooting for TT.:cheers:

Not comparable...USF is a slightly better team than Tech and the game is in Lawrence.

I respectfully disagree...Levitt is a horrible game day coach and Grothe is overrated - did you see Pitt shut them down?

Now the TT def was supposed to be improved this year but has it?

Maybe now ESPN won't force Colt McCoy down our throats after his fumbles & interceptions. Ok St has a shot...

Back