Texas-KState discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
I'm not sold on the Horns and seeing +8.5 on KSU is surprisingly large

KSU is a bad version of Bill Snyder this year, but UT hasn't been in a situation to lay more than a possession on the road in conference play and who knows how we'll handle any type of expectations. Snyder is always able to get more out of his players than he should, i'd expect this game to be a huge TOP battle. If KSU can hold onto the ball, that will put a lot of pressure on TEX defensively but moreso offensively to be efficient. Ehlinger can win games and get you back into a game, but i can't shake the memories of him giving the ball away in awful situations to lose games also.

Manhattan will be a tough place to play, thankfully an afternoon game instead of at night, but TEX has not handled any sort of expectations in recent years nor have we really had any. This is unchartered territory for a new coach like Herman who is not used to being a favorite (or at least not used to performing well in that situation), so there are a million red flags here. And that's before mentioning Oklahoma on deck, which may not be the same lookahead as usual because we haven't beaten them much in recent years to keep that game on the radar before another conference game

Get in here @aplous

Take those points in a heartbeat. I was surprised how well they bounced back off of what was considered a big win vs. USC. You can say they were carrying over momentum from that game into TCU but I wasn't sure what sort of game you'd see after being told all week how big that USC win was.

I wouldn't trust this team on the road right now, especially in a place where we've not won in 16 years and w/ the Wizard on the other sideline. Just wreaks of a game being close in the 4Q and one that could go either way.

Don’t have enough time these days to watch enough teams from a fundamental standpoint, but this spot screams flat spot for Texas, and good spot for wildcats. Snyder teams don’t beat themselves and this is a backs against the wall game. Kansas state under Snyder has owned longhorns.

Not denying that Costanza is very knowledgable about his team. But i‘m prerty sure every opinion he has ever offered on a Texas game has been pessimistic.

Texas is wildly overrated IMO. They beat USC in a solid win but that game was far closer than the final score made it appear (USC going for a kick to make it 23-17 with 6:00 left but then Texas blocks + houses to make it 30-14) and then against TCU, they were +4 in turnovers so it's hard to really look that impressive at a home win of 31-16 when you're +4 in turnovers. I'm not saying they're bad but I'm saying they definitely don't have a performance on tape that makes me feel comfortable about laying a possession on the road and in conference. Add in the obvious letdown of going from primetime home night games against USC/TCU with Oklahoma next week, this game doesn't scream trap, it's the definition.

In the two games K-State looked bad in (WVU/Ms St), it was obvious their defense had no answers for those offenses. Both teams had huge offensive days in yards (Mst was 530ish, WVU just under 500) and to me, that isn't Texas.

If K-State has any juice at all they will rise up and play with some heart here. Snyder did something he rarely does this week and called out some people by name.

Motivation won’t be the problem but this team just has limited weapons and the QB Thompson that is supposed to be the passer has looked awful. Only hope I see for SU win is Delton plays QB and him and Barnes run wild.

Not denying that Costanza is very knowledgable about his team. But i‘m prerty sure every opinion he has ever offered on a Texas game has been pessimistic.

9 years of mediocrity can do that to you. I like the (recent) strides Herman is making with the team, as I've said. The feeling around the program, in general, is starting to uptick. Get me 8 wins this season plus a bowl victory and my tide will turn.

Yeah it’s too much to lay on road. I’m sure Snyder has good record ATS as Home dog. Tcu usc are both overrated. Sandwich spot, mentioned above tcu score was misleading. I can see k st winning turnover battle by playing Snyder ball and grinding it out. Prob low scoring game comes down to 4q

If K-State has any juice at all they will rise up and play with some heart here. Snyder did something he rarely does this week and called out some people by name.

Motivation won’t be the problem but this team just has limited weapons and the QB Thompson that is supposed to be the passer has looked awful. Only hope I see for SU win is Delton plays QB and him and Barnes run wild.

Delton is starting and i expect the time of possession war will start at 2:30pm Saturday. The QB choice is tough to defend, it keeps the ball on the ground at least running out the clock (if not winning field position) and Snyder is the master of it

Last year's game was completely back-and-forth, KSU took a 10-0 lead in Austin and nearly lost in regulation but UT missed two 4Q FGs and then ended up covering the spread in 2OT for a brutal loss for KSU backers. I see this one being tight and it is asking a lot for UT to win handily like the spread currently says

9 years of mediocrity can do that to you. I like the (recent) strides Herman is making with the team, as I've said. The feeling around the program, in general, is starting to uptick. Get me 8 wins this season plus a bowl victory and my tide will turn.

Understandable. Not meant as a knock at all so thanks for not taking it that way. I know you‘ve said bad things against Ehlinger and it‘s undeniable that he‘s inconsistent but from an outside perspective I gotta say I love watching him. Some dumb decisions sure like any young kid but I can‘t wait til he matures. He seems to have a great physical skillset as a dual threat and you can‘t deny the kid is a gamer

Delton is starting and i expect the time of possession war will start at 2:30pm Saturday. The QB choice is tough to defend, it keeps the ball on the ground at least running out the clock (if not winning field position) and Snyder is the master of it

Last year's game was completely back-and-forth, KSU took a 10-0 lead in Austin and nearly lost in regulation but UT missed two 4Q FGs and then ended up covering the spread in 2OT for a brutal loss for KSU backers. I see this one being tight and it is asking a lot for UT to win handily like the spread currently says

Also crazy line movement last year. I sat through the 100% Austin evening humidity to watch Snyder let a broken down Jesse Ertz lose us the game. Finally went to Delton in OT I think.

Back