Terrelle Pryor = Scum

jester2trife

CTG Media Pirate
Terrelle Pryor's Behavior Leaves Much To Be Desired

random_key_82165_file_27656718_Army_Bowl_Practice.jpg

I made the three-hour bus trip from State College to Pittsburgh for the weekend, excited to see my brother’s basketball team take on the highly-ranked Jeannette Jayhawks in the second round of the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) playoffs.

And, of course, I wanted to see Terrelle Pryor with my own eyes.

For months, I had heard about the 6-foot-6-inch quarterback from Jeannette High School who could run the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds. The talk increased when he decided not to sign a Letter of Intent on National Signing Day.

A true athlete, Pryor had been dominating on the basketball court, while waiting to make a decision on which college he would attend. It seemed to be the general consensus that Pryor’s decision to take more time to pick a college was a good sign for Penn State.

On Feb. 16, I arrived at the Baldwin High School gymnasium with my family and the families of my brother’s teammates at about 10:30 a.m. for a noon tip-off. Spectators started filtering in shortly after, anticipating a sell-out crowd.

The South Fayette fans saw a hard-fought game, worth every penny of the $6 they paid to spectate. Both sides played their hearts out through four periods and overtime. In Pryor, they saw a tremendous athlete—fast, strong, and agile.

They also saw one of the most disgusting and, quite frankly, disappointing displays of unsportsmanlike behavior they’d ever witnessed. It started before the tip-off and lasted well after the final buzzer.

He never properly was rebuked for it by the refs or by his own coach. Perhaps it was because he is considered by many to be the Prince of the WPIAL, the Duke of High School Sports, or the Lord of Gridiron.

In any case, I can’t remember when athletic prowess became a free pass to act like a jerk.

Pryor taunted the South Fayette players/coaches with a condescending laugh as they filed into the gym for the pregame shoot-around.

His Royal Highness then took time out of his warm-up to threaten the South Fayette student section, comprised of no more than 50 students, one of whom was dressed like Ohio State football head coach Jim Tressel.

“I’m going to kill you, motherf*ckers. I’ll see you after the game."

At the end of warm-ups, Pryor threw a basketball into the student section, where it hit an elementary school student.

Although he was quite busy with a basketball game, he was kind enough to take the time to repeat this threat at the student section throughout the game.

As the starting lineups were called, all of the players shook the opposing coach’s hand—except Pryor. He pulled his hand away and turned his head as South Fayette coach Rich Bonnaure reached out to shake it.

On the court, Pryor scored 24 points and had 21 rebounds. He also used a variety of racial slurs against the player guarding him.

After the game, the teams lined up for the usual postgame handshakes. Pryor went down the line and said, “You f*cking suck” to all the South Fayette players.

He then went over to the South Fayette student section and continued his threat of bodily harm and invited them to meet him in the hallway after the game, until a Whitehall policeman told him to stop, and his teammates finally pulled him away.

It is disturbing behavior for such a highly-touted recruit.

Two South Fayette students were ejected from the game for swearing at the refs. Shouldn’t the players be held to the same standard of behavior, if not a higher one? I have attended dozens of high school basketball games, but I have never seen another player’s behavior even closely resemble that of Pryor’s that day.

Perhaps more disturbing than Pryor’s behavior was the fact that his coaches and the referees allowed it to continue.

As lifelong Penn State fans, my family and I were very disappointed by what we saw in Pryor that weekend.

Pryor is obviously an amazing athlete. Everything that has been said about his speed and strength has not been exaggerated. Yesterday, in the WPIAL championship game against Beaver Falls, Pryor came up with 39 points, 24 rebounds, 10 blocked shots, and 6 assists. The win came just two months after Pryor led Jeannette’s football team to a state championship.

His behavior, however, leaves much to be desired. We can only hope that it is not too late for Pryor to learn some humility and decorum in college.

The more I find out about him, the more I hope this piece of shit goes to tOSU and fails miserably. Although I dont like tOSU and their scumbug white trash fans, they do run a nice program and I have a hard time believing the Vest would tolerate such behavior...

xXx

first of all, I find this very hard to believe

secondly, i think its most likely a penn state fan trying to feel better about Pryor not picking PSU...

thirdly, if it is true, thats EXACTLY the attitude infusion PSU needs!!

tOSU fans are white trash. That is the most unbelievable statement i have ever heard. tOSU fans are classy, i have heard from visiting fans on more than one occasion that tOSU fans are amongst the most respectful they have wittnessed.

Obviously, rivalry games are exceptions as they are with all schools.

You obviously have a bad perception about tOSu fans, with being is southern cal, you probally shouldn't develop an opinion only based what ESPN says.

I hope he goes to tOSU, i would love him taunting other fans and players as he runs by them:36_11_6:

tOSU fans are white trash. That is the most unbelievable statement i have ever heard. tOSU fans are classy, i have heard from visiting fans on more than one occasion that tOSU fans are amongst the most respectful they have wittnessed.

You obviously have a bad perception about tOSu fans, with being is southern cal, you probally shouldn't develop an opinion only based what ESPN says.

I hope he goes to tOSU, i would love him taunting other fans and players as he runs by them:36_11_6:

lmao,

i wasn't even going to respond to that comment. its a hopeless argument with someone who has that mindset

:hang:

speaking of fans being trash... wasnt psu the school wehre all the frat boys threw beer cans and beer on opposing fans walking by there house... real winners there

speaking of fans being trash... wasnt psu the school wehre all the frat boys threw beer cans and beer on opposing fans walking by there house... real winners there

the guy who threw the beer wasnt even a PSU student...he was from Pitt

Please tell me your joking with that comment?

lol i wouldn't say the classiest or MOST respectable...but FAR from white trash......

I agree with you there Steed. Michigan fans warned us at the 05 Rose Bowl about our trip to Columbus.

Many fans had no idea what they were walking into. When you have women screaming and cursing at you and flipping you hat off well...I don't know what to call that.

Texas Fans would certainly agrue...

OSU has a great fan base...but some def go over the top..

with a school of that size, whose doesn't though.

i agree tho, but any big school has a group of those
No doubt....like I take the Texas fans stories with a grain of salt...but at same time...the many stories over the years contradicts this being a "great" group to be around...

Great fans..no doubt..passionate...but prolly a few more assholes than many schools

Ive heard horror stories from UT fans who went on the trip to Columbus. And me gettin my info from ESPN frankiegotti? Check yourself junior. Ive been around for years and dont need someone like you, who quite frankly Ive never heard of, giving insight on something they no nothing about...

xXx

Ive heard horror stories from UT fans who went on the trip to Columbus. And me gettin my info from ESPN frankiegotti? Check yourself junior. Ive been around for years and dont need someone like you, who quite frankly Ive never heard of, giving insight on something they no nothing about...

xXx

right

at least the ignorant generalization at the end there lets us know that it's not coming from a credible source....it may have unfairly changed my view on pryor a little bit. i'm glad you threw that in there.

i love osu fans...they r fuckin crazy.

all 60,000 truck drivers and 20,000 students of em

Appears the initial post was pulled off of some blog; makes it real hit and miss as to whether it's true as you never know what a bloggers true agenda is. The internet is a great tool, but it's also a source of a lot of misinformation.

Say what you want about Ohio, but the Cleveland Clinic saved my mom's life, so it's a state that's pretty high up on my list.

Is Oregon still on this kids list, or is it down to the 3 B10 schools?

Appears the initial post was pulled off of some blog; makes it real hit and miss as to whether it's true as you never know what a bloggers true agenda is. The internet is a great tool, but it's also a source of a lot of misinformation.

Say what you want about Ohio, but the Cleveland Clinic saved my mom's life, so it's a state that's pretty high up on my list.

Is Oregon still on this kids list, or is it down to the 3 B10 schools?

PSU and OSU bro...

good stuff bout your mom...heard thats a great clinic

Cleveland clinic is great,glad to hear about your mother horses..Im very happy its so close to myself and my family.(and my girl will hopefully be working there soon)..as far as Pryor goes..After reading that story, He belongs in michigan..what a punk..With that being said I watched a lot of Chris Wells in highschool, played in same league as my highschool I graduated from..He was the same way..Walked on and off the field, didnt shake hands with the other team after the games(win or lose)...Just his attitude in general sucked. Seems like he turned it around though. So if the kid does come here, I promise you Jimmy and Thad wouldnt put up with that shit.

Back