Tell you what

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Thie Blue Jackets team if they play like they have in the first 10 minutes will be something to contend with...

They are outskating and outplaying the Ducks in every facet...

of course, 10 minutes does not make a season, but they are really fast, hit bout 3 posts already and up 2-0

Give Hitchcock a year IMO

'an_horse'

Ducks look like they telegraphing the fact they'll be taking the season off, much the the Cardinals did early in the MLB.

had the same thoughts BC... something like the 2 teams in the SC finals the year before have either missed the playoffs the next year or had a first round exit the next year some crazy number of years in a row...

don't know the exact #'s but they were something else

I didn't play the Pens tonight, frankly, I'm doing like three other things right now and not paying attention.

If they're playing poor that actually works for me, they'll be a better choice tomorrow night especially if Anaheim is tired out. Saturday night is hockey night in Pittsburgh.

Obviously I'm not into them mailing in a performance, but better it one I'm not on than one I am.

THought Id throw that in there Joe... just because, well the Leafs havent won yet...

They look a bit out of sync in all seriousness and a game that was fast paced in Columbus has gone in the mud in the second...

Islanders uniforms

Whoa, orange sleeves. It's, um, a choice I suppose.

They look a bit out of sync in all seriousness and a game that was fast paced in Columbus has gone in the mud in the second...

I'm sort of confused why you'd start Fleury in this game. I realize it's the first game of the year, but he's much better at home and they play tomorrow night--at home. Are you telling me you're going to start Thibault or whoever the number two is in the home opener?

Frankly, I'm not impressed with Therrian as a coach, never have been.

4-0 Canes.

Wards made some 'decent' saves, but no game changers by any stretch IMO.

I think Therrien was good for last years Pens, they'd need a guy like a Sutter or something from a guy who demands that little extra

I think Therrien was good for last years Pens, they'd need a guy like a Sutter or something from a guy who demands that little extra

Honestly I think anyone, even Edzo, could coach this team through the regular season, more than anything I think they need tutoring in practice and a solid playoff coach--and Therrien has never impressed me in the playoffs.

you know when a game just isnt bouncing your way? have the over in columbus and its a good game, but the saves / posts are very irritating... shrug

Pat Quinns available... he's 'great' in the playoffs

Maybe we could bring in him and the Eagle and really make a run, eh?

try getting Eddie out of Europe, he has to love the lifestyle over there

Well, he is a billionaire, so that lifestyle has to be pretty plush.

Eddie the morning of a game

belfour.jpg

Honestly I think anyone, even Edzo, could coach this team through the regular season, more than anything I think they need tutoring in practice and a solid playoff coach--and Therrien has never impressed me in the playoffs.

No harm in dumping Therrien in March for a playoff coach. Happens all the time in the NHL. Could Scotty come back just for 10 weeks a year?

Bowman? He's talking to the Leafs, been doing so all summer, not for a HC but as an advisor...

Joe, I've had a beer or 2 with Eddie and Darcy Tucker at my old watering hole... those guys can pound em back... and fast

Joe, I've had a beer or 2 with Eddie and Darcy Tucker at my old watering hole... those guys can pound em back... and fast

Can't most hockey players, though?

I mean, if we're placing bets on which sports have the best drinkers I'll put my money on hockey players the vast majority of the time.

most just go hard after the game... they go hard for hours...

I think hockey players start bringing beers after the game from 12 yrs old and on

a buddy of mine from OTtawa couldnt even crack the BJ's lineup to begin the year...

all seriousness, good young team who can present some value over the season

I think Columbus do make some waves this season, Hitchcock is too good of a coach and hes more effective with younger players than veterans...And yeah I agree about michel therrien, I never got him either. I mean I understand how he got a job in Montreal (he got famous cause he coached a junior team that was famous for fighting a lot, guaranteeing rough games etc) but when he got hired elsewhere in the NHL, it really surprised me.

Back