Teixeira To Angels

nooooooo kotchhh.... He was slow as fuck, but that fool can hit. I guess it makes sense that they replace him with a leftie that has power though... he is so clutch though. It really does hurt to see him go. If he had a little more power, this trade wouldnt have happened.

great deal for the braves... they got great value for a guy they couldnt have kept

now the fish have to deal with kotchman down the road which blows

Braves acquired first baseman Casey Kotchman and RHP Stephen Marek from the Angels for first baseman Mark Teixeira.
This is a lot better than a Chad Tracy-based deal with the Diamondbacks would have been. Kotchman is 25, cheap and under control through 2011. His power hasn't come along as hoped, but he's a solid hitter with some additional upside and one of the best defensive first basemen in the game. He does have a rep for being injury prone, but he's stayed relatively healthy for a couple of years now. The Braves certainly didn't get as much back as they gave up for Teixeira a year ago, but this was a trade worth making when they had so little chance of re-signing him.

LAA making it happen! We knew they had the dough after the sweet payoff they threw Hunter. Best record in the majors and now a trade I think they benefit from. We could be seeing this team late into October this season. What's the future on the Halos winning it all?

My 14000th post dedicated to the Angels and their 08 WS campaign ;) :D

:tiphat:'an_horse''an_horse':smiley_acbe:

LAA making it happen! We knew they had the dough after the sweet payoff they threw Hunter. Best record in the majors and now a trade I think they benefit from. We could be seeing this team late into October this season. What's the future on the Halos winning it all?

They took em down at Bookmaker

Halos World Series champs:smiley_acbe:
This should happen and it will be funny to see if the media treats the Angels as a dynasty or give them 24-7 coverage like they currently do with the Red Sox.

Now that I'm off my anti-ESPN soapbox, it's a great move for both sides. Teixeira gives Vlad and Hunter more protection. The Halos get a disciplined hitter which they need along with Tex's power. The Braves get a young servicable replacement in Kotchman which is the best they could hope for.

Yep seems so :D

I like the M's better but Angels like my 2nd favorite team.

And while the Angels have been my n.o.1 since forever, Mariners were always my 2nd favorite team ;)

As for Teixeira trade - I won't say anything specific until we all see how the big guy settles in because imo Kotchman settled perfectly in that lineup, he's a great defensive player and so far was mr.Clutch (.300, 6RBI with bases loaded; .357, 18RBI with RISP and 2 out) and was especially efficient vs LHP (.354 with 3HRs 9 2B and 16RBI) but as we already know - Angels weren't having problems vs lefties, but RHP so I see Mark's potential there (he's batting .291 vs RHP - as a switch hitter). Also, while Teixeira greatly improved his numbers over the last 2 months, Kotchman, after a great start of the season has been struggling until recently but who knows which way and how will the change of teams affect both of them. As additional pros for this trade I'd say Teixeira's clutch hitting in bases loaded situations (.545 with 15RBI) and the fact that he's familiar with AL and AL pitchers in 1st place since he was playing for Texas since forever. Plus he'll add some protection for Vlad and Torii, definitely. We'll see but I have faith in Angels' organization that they know what they're doing...

Back