Teams on the way up/down & remaining schedule breakdown

pcb525

Pretty much a regular
I know there's not too many of these kinda threads posted on here but i want to see what you guys think. I know its kinda early to be talking playoffs but what teams do you all think are falling out and climbing. let's say top 2 or 3 in each.

Here's mine:

On the way up:
PIT
DAL
OTT

On the way down:
CGY
ANA
ATL

Great idea PCB, would love to see more of these threads in here... good stuff.

Mine

Up

NY Islanders
Carolina
Toronto (part homer, part really thinking they put together a run)

Down

Montreal
Anaheim
San Jose

SC, i like Car on the way up...I just dont see them missing out on the playoffs...DAL was a homer pick for me

Thought Id take a look at remaining schedules for those in the playoff picture

Atlantic

New Jersey - 13 road games of 21 all vs eastern conference, 2 B2B's
Pittsburgh - 12 road games of 22, all vs east, 3 B2B's incl. 5 in 7
NY Isles - 10 road games of 22, all but one (St Lou) vs East, 1 B2B
NY Ran - 9 road games of 22, 1 B2B 2 vs western con.

Northeast

Buffalo - 12 on the road of 22, 5 B2B in 5 straight weekends, 3 vs west
Ottawa - 13 on road of of 22, 2 B2B, 2 vs west (STLou, Chi)
Montreal - 12 on road of 20, 3 B2B's, 2 vs west (nashville, chi)
Toronto - 11 on road of 22, 4 B2B's, all vs east
Boston - 12 on road of 22, 1 B2B (this weekend) 3 vs west

Southeast

Atlanta - 7 on road of 20, 3 B2B, 1 vs west
Tampa Bay - 10 road games of 21, incl. 3 game west coast trip, 4 B2B's
Carolina - 10 road of 20, 3 B2B's, 1 vs west

West IMO is just jockeying and its gong to be real hard for Edmonton etc to sneak in, so I'll just do the ones in for now. Have to run

Central

Nasville - 11 of 21 on road, 2 B2B's, 1 vs east (Thursday)
Detroit - 8 of 22 on road, 2 B2B's, 1 vs East

Northeast

Vancouver - 11 of 22 on road, 1 B2B, 1 vs east
Minny - 11 of 21 on road, 1 B2B, 2 vs east
Calgary - 12 of 22 on road, 1 B2B, 1 vs east

Pacific

Anaheim - 10 of 21 on road, 5 B2B's, all vs west, 8 game homestand
San Jose - 11 of 23 on road, 4 B2B (incl next 2), 2 vs east
Dallas - 11 of 23 on road, 6 B2B's, 3 vs east

Good stuff. I agree with the Isles. They have to turn it on soon and start getting some wins or they're done.

I also think Montreal may start having problems sooner than later. This rookie goalie has put together two pretty good games, but he's let teams come back twice and those teams (Wash. and Columbus) aren't very good.

Teams in the fight for the final few spots remaining games

Atlanta

@ Home (14-9-5)

TB(2), Car(2), Ott, Fla, MTL, Was(2), NYR, Buff, SJ, Tor
teams playing combined road record (148-124-28)

on Road (17-13-4)

Bos(2), Fla(2), Phi, Pit, Car
teams playing combined home record (72-59-23)

Montreal

@ home (18-12-3)

Tor(2), NYI, Bos (2), Was, NYR, Buf,
teams playing combined road record (89-74-28)

on Road (13-13-3)

Nash, NYI, NYR(2),Buf, Bos(2), Atl, StL, Pit, Ott, Tor
teams playing combined home record (152-117-37)

Carolina

@ home (15-12-4)

Phi, Ott, Pitt, Fla (2), NJ, Was, SJ, TB, Atl
teams playing combined road record (106-107-27)

on Road (15-13-3)

TB, Fla, Atl(2), NYR, Was, NJ, Tor, Phi, Ott
teams playing combined home record (141-104-37)

NY Islanders

@ home (15-10-4)

Tor (2), MTL, Phi, Stl, NYR(3), Was, Pit, Nj, Ott
teams playing combined road record (123-80-28 )

on Road (14-13-4)

Phi (2), NJ, Buf, TB, Fla, Ott, MTL, NYR, Was
teams playing combined home record (144-101-34)

Toronto

@ home (12-13-5)

Buf(3), Was, Ott, TB, NJ, Car, Pit, Phi, Mtl
teams playing combined road record (129-112-17)

on Road (17-10-3)

NYI(2), NYR, NJ, Ott, Was, MTL(2), Buf, Atl, Phi
teams playing combined home record (140-97-35)

NY Rangers

@ home (12-13-3)

NJ, CBJ, MTL(2), Pit(2), Stl, NYI, Car, Ott, Bos, Phi, Tor
teams playing combined road record (151-132-31)

on Road (17-13-2)

Pit (2), NYI (3), Phi, Mtl, Bos, Atl,
teams playing combined home record (86-71-24)

Boston

@ home (16-12-2)

Atl (2), Phi, MTL (2), Col, Min, Was, NYR, Pit, Ott
teams playing combined road record (121-127-23)

on Road (13-14-2)

Buf, MTL (2), NJ (2), Ott, Pit, NYR, Det, Phi, TB, Fla
teams playing combined home record (171-100-32)

Last edited:
wow, good stuff SC, i was thinking about looking in to all of this stuff but i didnt have the time today

definitely is good to know down the stretch who is playig who / playign well

From schedule alone I put the Rangers with a shot to make it in the last week. Definitely going to be changes.

Deadline day will tell alot of who to play / fade no doutb.

also think Montreal may start having problems sooner than later. This rookie goalie has put together two pretty good games, but he's let teams come back twice and those teams (Wash. and Columbus) aren't very good.

If I could make a bet if MTL would make the playoffs I would. I'm pretty confident they will get edged out by the teams they are fighting. INjuries catching up to them, relying on their PP has finally caught up to them as well. They dont score enough 5 on 5 IMO right now

well, call me a homer but I think the B's should be in the discussion. 2 weeks ago, they were on their death bed and they are suddenly back to life, 4 pts out of 8th. Now I know they have to jump 4 teams and that is difficult but they are playing well, winning 7 of their last 9 and they have games in hand. They will need Patrice and Murray healthy but I like what i see of late. Enter Thomas(ex-college roommate). He is on one of his notorious runs. when he gets in the zone, watch out. The puck is a beach ball to him and the goal gets small. Now I know it won't last because he can get streaky but I think the B's are back in the thick of it. I do like the isles as well. Time will tell.

well, call me a homer but I think the B's should be in the discussion. 2 weeks ago, they were on their death bed and they are suddenly back to life, 4 pts out of 8th. Now I know they have to jump 4 teams and that is difficult but they are playing well, winning 7 of their last 9 and they have games in hand. They will need Patrice and Murray healthy but I like what i see of late. Enter Thomas(ex-college roommate). He is on one of his notorious runs. when he gets in the zone, watch out. The puck is a beach ball to him and the goal gets small. Now I know it won't last because he can get streaky but I think the B's are back in the thick of it. I do like the isles as well. Time will tell.

I meant to do their schedule breakdown, totally missed them. Its going to be a tough one, not that they arent in the thick, its the leapfrogging all those teams etc. They did impress me last night vs the Leafs... but like you said, streaky streaky team:shake:

No issues Santa!!! Just wanted to help out the thread. And yes, leapfrog, though a popular game when I was a kid is tough in the big boys game:cheers:

No issues Santa!!! Just wanted to help out the thread. And yes, leapfrog, though a popular game when I was a kid is tough in the big boys game:cheers:

all fixed up... playing MTL 4 times will help if they can win 3 of 4 and NOT split or lose the series or that might spell the end for it.

Have to win the home games, nice advantage there. But road games are going to be tough on them down the stretch

Weekend didnt change much save for possibly separating the Bruins and Rangers from the pack

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 1.</TD><TD>* Buffalo</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>87 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 2.</TD><TD>* New Jersey</TD><TD>63</TD><TD align=right>84 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 3.</TD><TD>* Tampa Bay</TD><TD>64</TD><TD align=right>75 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 4.</TD><TD>Ottawa</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>76 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 5.</TD><TD>Pittsburgh</TD><TD>61</TD><TD align=right>75 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 6.</TD><TD>Atlanta</TD><TD>64</TD><TD align=right>72 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 7.</TD><TD>Carolina</TD><TD>64</TD><TD align=right>71 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 8.</TD><TD>NY Islanders</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>70 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 9.</TD><TD>Montreal</TD><TD>64</TD><TD align=right>70 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 10.</TD><TD>Toronto</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>69 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 11.</TD><TD>Boston</TD><TD>61</TD><TD align=right>64 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 12.</TD><TD>NY Rangers</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>64 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 1.</TD><TD>* Nashville</TD><TD>64</TD><TD align=right>88 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 2.</TD><TD>* Anaheim</TD><TD>63</TD><TD align=right>82 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 3.</TD><TD>* Vancouver</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>77 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 4.</TD><TD>Detroit</TD><TD>63</TD><TD align=right>86 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 5.</TD><TD>Dallas</TD><TD>61</TD><TD align=right>77 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 6.</TD><TD>San Jose</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>77 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 7.</TD><TD>Minnesota</TD><TD>63</TD><TD align=right>75 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 8.</TD><TD>Calgary</TD><TD>62</TD><TD align=right>73 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 9.</TD><TD>Edmonton</TD><TD>63</TD><TD align=right>66 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back