Tatum Bell steals Rudi Johnson's bags...

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Funniest shit I've ever read:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/02/rudis-crazy-day-in-detroit/

RUDI’S CRAZY DAY IN DETROIT

by Mike Florio on September 2, 2008, 9:17 p.m. EDT
A strange thing happened to running back Rudi Johnson when he visited with the Detroit Lions on Monday.
Someone stole his stuff.
Seriously.
Specifically, and as we’re told by a reliable source (i.e., not the person who told Mort that Joey Harrington had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Monday, or the person who told John Clayton that Todd Bouman had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Tuesday), Johnson left his bags outside CEO Matt Millen’s office while he met with team officials and, ultimately, worked out a deal with the team.
So when Johnson came back to get his bags, they were nowhere to be found. Johnson and Millen were stumped.
Enter the eye in the sky.
The team checked the videotapes generated by the team’s in-house surveillance system, and they quickly identified the culprit.
So who might it have been? None other than Tatum Bell, who lost his gig with the Lions after Rudi arrived.
Per the source, Bell took the bags to the house of a female acquaintance. When confronted on the matter, Bell offered up some cockamamie story that he thought the bags belonged to someone he knew. The girl, however, said that she hadn’t seen Bell in several months and he showed up out of the blue and asked her to keep the bags for a while.
Johnson has retrieved the bags, and it’s our understanding that charges won’t be pressed.
Tatum apparently didn’t know that he was being monitored.
Fortunately, the displaced running back wasn’t Najeh Davenport

dornstar.gif

Hilarious...think Tatum Bell was a little bitter?!

Johnson: Surveillance footage shows Bell taking duffel bags

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Rudi Johnson says his luggage was taken from the team's practice facility by Tatum Bell.
<!-- begin whole table -->
Johnson was waived by Cincinnati, met with Lions president Matt Millen on Monday and signed a free-agent contact. During the meeting, his two duffel bags were taken from the team's headquarters.

Johnson said Wednesday he was shown surveillance footage Tuesday afternoon that captured the theft.

A message seeking comment was left Wednesday with Bell's agent, Kennard McGuire. Johnson replaced Bell on Detroit's 53-man roster.

The empty bags were returned Tuesday evening, but Johnson said he is still missing $200, his ID, credit cards and clothes. Johnson said he had spoken with Bell and did not plan to involve the police.

:36_11_6:

The empty bags were returned Tuesday evening, but Johnson said he is still missing $200, his ID, credit cards and clothes. Johnson said he had spoken with Bell and did not plan to involve the police.

hahahaha:36_11_6:hahahaha:36_11_6:ahahahah:36_11_6:

Bell: 'I want to talk man to man' with Johnson

by Tom Kowalski Wednesday September 03, 2008, 8:00 PM

Former Detroit Lions running back Tatum Bell reached out to Rudi Johnson today but couldn't make contact. Bell said he would try to reach out again tomorrow.
"I just want to talk to him man-to-man. I want to straighten it out,'' Bell said in a phone conversation tonight. "I did take his bag, but it was a misunderstanding. I've never had to fight for my reputation like now.''
Johnson, who was signed by the Lions on Monday, believes Bell deliberately took his bags out of the Lions locker room. When the bags were eventually returned Tuesday by an unidentified woman, the bags were missing Johnson's identification, credit cards, clothes and all of his money, about $200 in cash.

Bell was spotted by a Lions security camera taking Bell's two bags out of the locker room.
Bell, who was cut Monday and was in the locker room to collect some of his belongings, insists he thought the bags belonged to former defensive end Victor DeGrate, who had been released Saturday. Bell said DeGrate called him and asked him to drop his bags off at a woman's house and he complied.
When the Lions called Bell on Tuesday to let him know they had him on videotape taking the bags, Bell said he called DeGrate and the woman and left messages. The woman later returned the bags, but they were empty. Bell was asked why he has offered to make restitution to Johnson even though another party might be guilty of the theft.
"I took it upon myself because it's my name. It's not Vic's name and it's not the woman's name, it's my name,'' said Bell, adding that he's disappointed that the Lions didn't support him in any way. "It hurts me so much. The Lions could've had my back and said 'Tatum's not like that.' It hurts.''
Bell also said that he was hoping DeGrate would help clear his name, too.
"Vic asked me to get his bag and he said it was by the players lounge,'' Bell said. The players lounge is directly across from the computer area, where Johnson said he left his bags.
"I saw the bag and thought that was it. I don't want to put anything on Vic, it was my mistake. I asked Vic to contact my agent to let everybody know (he asked me to get the bag). I don't know if he did,'' said Bell, adding that he might know why DeGrate doesn't want to get involved. "(The Lions) might bring him back - he doesn't want to hurt his future.''
Bell said he knows how devastating it is to be thought of as a locker room thief.
"Nobody wants a guy in the locker room like that, but that's not me - I've never had a problem anywhere I've been,'' said Bell, who believes he'll be blackballed when teams inquire about his character. "Now, when teams call the Lions to get the low-down on me, they're going to say "This and this.' Teams aren't going to sign me.''
Bell's agent, Kennard McGuire, is asking that fans -- and NFL teams -- don't rush to judgment.
"I'm devastated because we have a young man who is a model locker room guy who was trying to help a friend,'' McGuire said. "I only ask that no one indicts his character on something that was truly and purely a misunderstanding.''

lmao at one of the comments under the article on mlive...

We know they weren't taken by the Lions offensive line, bags are too heavy and they don't have the footwork or technique to get away.

Back