Taco Tuesday MLB Card (3 plays)

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2009:
Totals: 8-4
Dogs (120 to 139): 1-0
Favs (-140 or less): 7-2

I miss taco tuesday.

Anyway, yesterday was a donkey punch of a reminder that the books are still better than me. That being said, I'll be taking the bait again today.

Florida -122 (Sanchez) - same thing as yesterday, but bigger difference in pitching. Karstens is horrible, although Pit does have the NL leading ERA right now surprisingly. Sanchez is rockin a 1.64 ERA to this point and should be able to even the series tonight.

Giants/Padres UNDER 7 - Peavy and Cain speak for themselves. Peavys numbers are only gonna get better as the season goes. Peavy didn't face SF last year, but in 07 he was 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA in 2 starts.

The bizarre number belong to Cain. Cain was 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA in his first 5 starts against SD, but then in his next 10 starts, he hasn't gotten a win against them AND he has only gotten 16 runs of support (so 1.6 per game) over those starts. I think this is one of those super low games that takes like 2 hours to finish. I'd say 2-0 final.

ChiSox/Baltimore OVER 10 - Contreras blows bad, and is a career 4.78 ERA against the O's. He's off to a stellar start this year, 0-2 with a 6.97 ERA. That being said, the O's pen looks horrendous. In their last series over 11 and 1/3 innings, the O's pen is 0-1 with a 8.74 ERA. For Baltimore, they are averaging 5.5 runs per game at home this year and get Adam Jones back in lineup today. Throw in Bergesen making his ML debut today (I don't think he's very good) and it should make for a quick over.

Gl today everyone

bergesen is very good man, but i think im going to just play the os, so let em get an 8-3 win and well both be happy

bergesen is very good man, but i think im going to just play the os, so let em get an 8-3 win and well both be happy

I'm not saying he's bad, but I don't think he's major league ready yet. Plus this is a bad team to bring him up against. I wish him a great career, but I don't think it starts today

GL Hile.

Interesting reading from BP 2009 regarding Bergesen. Apparently his defense was largely responsible for his success in the minors, no more so true than a .265 babip.

Yeah everywhere I read says average arm with an above average sinker. Decent slider and average changeup. Fastball is ordinary. If he doesn't find that sinker tonight, it'll be an early exit

any leans on the sides for pads/giants...lean to peavy, just not sold yet

pitt gives me one of those gut feelings of being a non-common sensical winner, like celtics last night. i'm not playing it so gl.

BOL Hile, i like the reading on bergersen, but it is amazing how bad teams are against pitchers they havent seen yet... it seems as though hitters are always overly antsy against new arms...who knows...wouldnt touch a side to be safe!

cash it in!

on the sd/sf under, tailing chi balt.. like the fish but number seems.. well fishy. best of luck though, sweep the board

Back