T-Mac in Game Sevens

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Did anybody just see the T-Mac stats for playoff Game Sevens? It's ugly. I mean, really ugly.

His history says he doesn't play well and in at least their last two, his team lost by double digits.

Just something to think about.

I actually like Houston to win the series, but this guy's history would worry me just a bit. I'm not really up for rewinding it and transcribing the numbers, but suffice it to say he's barely shown up.

And when you see what someone like Dirk did tonight, based on his history, T-Mac's history would give me a bit of pause.

I did see that JP and in retrospect I wonder if he had Yao to compliment him then? I remember TMac having some weak supporting casts 5-6 years ago.

Yeah, B., you mentioned that and based on T-Mac's Game Seven stats, you've got some back up for that pick.

I have no reason to think that the home team will lose here. Home team has won every game this series.

I did see that JP and in retrospect I wonder if he had Yao to compliment him then? I remember TMac having some weak supporting casts 5-6 years ago.

That was sort of my thought, too. As one of those games they lost by like 30 or 40. So I imagine that was an overacheiving team.

That said, it's not like he had great numbers and his teams just sucked. He had awful numbers--and his team didn't play well.

I have to check myself but how many of those T-Mac game 7's were as a home fave?

Cake....I know dirk was awful tonight, but this was a game 6, so was last years final loss to the Heat....what did Dirk do in the last game 7 he played?

I have to check myself but how many of those T-Mac game 7's were as a home fave?

Cake....I know dirk was awful tonight, but this was a game 6, so was last years final loss to the Heat....what did Dirk do in the last game 7 he played?
Good point. :shake:

I have no reason to think that the home team will lose here. Home team has won every game this series.

At the same time, you can argue Utah could/should have won all of those contests. And game 5 they absolutely blew. We saw AK47 get back in the game tonight, and that's important.

This series is literally 5 on 2. Houston has no scoring options.

Good point, I haven't a clue.

this game 7 is like Peyton Mannings vs Pats last year in the playoffs to T-Mac

this game 7 is like Peyton Mannings vs Pats last year in the playoffs to T-Mac

Outstanding, so I'll wait to play them in the second half so I don't nearly vomit in the first as I watch him start to p*ss my money away.

In your corner, however, Manning did cover in that game, bless his ugly mug.

I dunno. Did you just hear what he said?

I did. He sounded soft. HOWEVER, it was obvious he was trying to play it down, I just think he overdid it.

He was asked if this is his biggest playoff game or game 7 ever (I forget the exact wording). He said "Not at all. I'm sure this won't be the last one, either."

I dunno. Did you just hear what he said?

I did. He sounded soft. HOWEVER, it was obvious he was trying to play it down, I just think he overdid it.

He had another dumb quote after game 5. I still forget what it was. I don't think he has a winning attitude. I think Utah takes this series.

i dont know how this cant be his biggest game 7 when he never gotta out of 1st round

Yeah, European players in the NBA are just about where Europeans were in hockey about seven, eight years ago. Then a bunch of 'em started winning Cups and you don't so much hear that any more.

Truth is, soft is soft, it can be from anywhere--and in Game Seven, T-Mac will have his chance to prove that label doesn't apply to him.

FYI....T-Mac has only appeared in 2 game 7's, both on the road (at Det in 03, at Dal in 05) He went 27-7-7 in the Dallas game when they lost by 40. Yao had 33 and nobody else even had 8pts. That one wasnt his fault, shooting % wasnt good and 1-7 3pt isnt good but down 40 and only Yao helping Im sure he was forcing a lot of bad shots in that blowout. 21-6-5 in the piston game and not good shooting, but this was at what was becoming the best D team in the league.

FYI....Dirk is 4-0 in game 7's, including that blowout of T-Mac's squad a few years ago. That was Dirk's worst statistical game 7 putting up a 14-14 line in a 40 pt game. Dirk's averages in game 7's? 26.5/12.5 and double double each time. 24/10 at PHX in game 7 of WC finals last year, 37/15 in game 7 OT at 3 time champ spurs including the play that sent it into OT. This was a bad series for Dirk no doubt, but people will talk like they do/did about A-Rod and manning saying he NEVER STEPS UP WHEN IT COUNTS, and thats simply not true. People just remember the times when they don't, and forget the times they do. I guess every star is supposed to come through every single time.

The interview really turned me off to betting Houston in this game. He didn't look like he was playing it down, he looked like he couldn't give a shit. I'm laying off the game and letting my Houston series bet ride. Might play the under.

The interview really turned me off to betting Houston in this game. He didn't look like he was playing it down, he looked like he couldn't give a shit. I'm laying off the game and letting my Houston series bet ride. Might play the under.

I'm glad to see someone else saw this, unlike the game 5 interview LOL.:cheers:

But what's weird about that interview is the interview he did before the playoffs with Stephen A. Smith and how fired up he was about if they don't get to the second round it's on him.

He was coming out of his chair he was so fired up.

So which is the real T-Mac?

My guess is that tonight he was trying to play it down, and because they'd just lost--a game they really could have won--I think it came off soft.

Problem is, series can change guys. Look at AK-47, that guy was literally crying a week ago, and now he's found his game.

My advice, bet who you think the better team is, and if that team happens to be laying too many points, lay off.

But what's weird about that interview is the interview he did before the playoffs with Stephen A. Smith and how fired up he was about if they don't get to the second round it's on him.

My guess is that tonight he was trying to play it down, and because they'd just lost--a game they really could have won--I think it came off soft.

Problem is, series can change guys. Look at AK-47, that guy was literally crying a week ago, and now he's found his game.

My advice, bet who you think the better team is, and if that team happens to be laying too many points, lay off.

Very smart thing to say

They were analyzing T-Mac on local radio here and they found something very interesting. Every game the Rockets win, T-Mac comes out and declares "The team will only go as far as I carry them" and games they lose he changes his stance and says "It's a team game and we all need to step up". It's hilarious. All the credit and none of the blame. Jazz in 7.

Utah Wins This Game!!!! I Think Yao And Tmac Has To Be Getting Tired Legs And Can't Be Liking They Will Have To Chase Gsw Up And Down The Floor In The Next Round.

Back