Survivor Talk/Help

Jayhawk Nation

Voice of Reason
Didn't see one of these, but for those of us that have made it this far now is the time when it gets dicey.

I particularly need help this week. I have planned it all out pretty well for all the remaining weeks except Week 12. I don't have GB or MIA left. I was saving the Rams for later. So trying to decide between Cleveland, but I hate road teams...or the Vikings, who I don't trust at all. Open to other options as I do still have Seattle, but really struggling here.

Going against NYJ and Jacksonville will be my plan.......I lost my survivor cause Jets were on bye and I took Balt against NE......

Going against NYJ and Jacksonville will be my plan.......I lost my survivor cause Jets were on bye and I took Balt against NE......
Yeah but I already took Miami and I definitely don’t trust the Browns. But may have to plug my nose and take them. At some point if you are gonna win survivor you have weeks like this.

I've narrowed my choices to Cleveland & NYG. I actually think I trust Jones more than I trust Mayfield. If Burrow were playing I wouldn't consider the Giants, but since Finley's under center & Giants actually have a legit shot at the playoffs & are playing well & off a bye, I like them. Another reason I lean against the Browns is that Minshew could be back for the Jags & he is capable of having big games against average or poor defenses. Not to mention Garrett will be out again & I think it's unlikely someone like Vernon steps up in back to back weeks. Also, the Browns had 3 big plays against the Eagles, but otherwise only averaged 3.0 YPP. I've already used Miami & GB as well. I'd also consider the Rams if Mostert, Aiyuk & Samuel still aren't back. I know they'll have a short week, but it's a revenge spot & chance to lead the division. I wouldn't trust the Vikings either. Think the Dallas loss may have taken the wind out of their sails.

I've narrowed my choices to Cleveland & NYG. I actually think I trust Jones more than I trust Mayfield. If Burrow were playing I wouldn't consider the Giants, but since Finley's under center & Giants actually have a legit shot at the playoffs & are playing well & off a bye, I like them. Another reason I lean against the Browns is that Minshew could be back for the Jags & he is capable of having big games against average or poor defenses. Not to mention Garrett will be out again & I think it's unlikely someone like Vernon steps up in back to back weeks. Also, the Browns had 3 big plays against the Eagles, but otherwise only averaged 3.0 YPP. I've already used Miami & GB as well. I'd also consider the Rams if Mostert, Aiyuk & Samuel still aren't back. I know they'll have a short week, but it's a revenge spot & chance to lead the division. I wouldn't trust the Vikings either. Think the Dallas loss may have taken the wind out of their sails.
The rams could be the pick, but I was really hoping to save them for week 15. As it will be an even bigger problem then on who to take.I know you have to actually get there first (survive and advance) but I feel like you have to choose which week will be your flyer week and I’d rather do it now than then.

Forgot that the Rams play the Jets in week 15. In these pools, you have to go out on a limb once or twice in order to win. I think I'm going to take a shot with the G-Men this week & then just play against the Jets until week 16. If the Jets win a game this year, it's one of their last two against either the Browns or Patriots.

This is a tough week. I'm in a two-strike league with just nine remaining, two without strikes. Only two of us have GB left. Very tough call for the others. I expect a few more will go down this weekend.
Useful tool

KC-SF-IND-RAMS-BAL-MIA-BUF-TB-NE-GB-PIT used. Saints still available but road game in Den. Seattle possible but would like to hold off a week or two and use them against the Jints or Jets. As already stated by others I don;t trust the Browns and Jax still playing hard. Jints are a possibility for reasons already addressed. Raiders at Atl might work but would like to save the Raiders for next week at Jets. Cowboys are definitely on my list. Solid effort 3 weeks ago against Pitt, then the BYE week and another solid effort in Minn. Defense has looked much better and offense looked pretty solid and creative with Ginger back behind center. Flip side of the coin is it's a division game against same level competition. Still on the fence. Saints is probably my lean at the moment as they have no more obvious gimmies downstream and kind of plan on fading the Jets in 13 and 14 with Raiders and Seadogs. Got a few days to finalize things.

Not saying Rams don’t win, but if trying to mitigate risk, them returning home off prime time east coast huge win to face a rival who should be getting Mostert and Deebo back off a bye playing for their playoff lives would scare me.
Either way, all of these are plug your nose and hope choices this week.

MIN, LV, SEA on my list this week. Would like to save SEA for next week. Leaning MIN but we'll see how things look on Saturday.

I still have Pitt so I am going with them as was my plan all along, even with the short week. This will be the last week they are this big a fave at home. Washington has only beat dog shit teams so think it’s safe.

SEA solid pick but agree better next week which is what I am saving them for.

minny would be my next choice but they are hard to trust.

Fading jets is always a good play but damn the raiders looked bad last week. Tough to trust them on the road after that.

Vikings. Don't trust Raiders or Jets, both stupid enough to fuck up what they have going. Tits would be next for me but that could be stressful. Vikings make sense. Not writing off the Jags, would consider using them low in a confidence pool.

KC-SF-IND-RAMS-BAL-MIA-BUF-TB-NE-GB-PIT-NO-MIN used.
10 players left in the pool and all have SEA if they chose to use them. Any chance the JETS put last week behind them and show up for this one? My plan was to use SEA this week, TEN v Det next week, ZONA v Phi also a possibility, then CLE @ Jets or HOU v Cin in week 16.
Why am worried about the fukn Jets taking out SEA? They actually looked like a semblance of a football team last week before the coaches fucked them over with those outrageous calls late. If I'm in that locker room I would want to show the world that we can win a football game. Fuck the coaches, let's go win a game.
My only real out would be to use TEN v Jax this week but that could get dicey as JAX has played tough of late. ATL, CAR, DAL still available but don't trust any of those teams. Would love to be the only player not on SEA but don't want to overthink the process and fuck myself. Been a Jets fan the last 3 weeks (against Clippers, MIA and LV) and believe me it really sucks being a Jets fan. Have until Sat midnight to make the call.

Raiders Hail Mary prayer cost me a split of 26k as I would have been one of 2 remaining in a big pool. Now 11 remain

Yeah this is one of those see you next week type angles. Don’t get too cute. Seattle off a loss Jets off a devastating loss across country. -16 points. You have to play it.

11 of 506 left in a big pool. Already 3 weeks have required two teams to be picked.

TEAM1LASTENINDLARDALMIABUFPHIHOU
NE
GBLAC
PIT
NORKC
MIN
SEA

2 teams required each week from here on out.

Today I selected Baltimore and Arizona.

I'm not excited about Arizona but I feel like it's the best spot for them to be used. I could use Bucs, but I can save them for Week 17 at home, again vs. the Falcons.

Week 15

Baltimore
Arizona

Week 16

Cleveland @ Jets
Bears @ Jags
Bucs @ Lions
Redskins vs. Panthers

Week 17

Bucs vs. Falcons
Giants vs. Cowboys

Week 17 looks bad outside of the Bucs play. I'm hoping playoff/rest scenarios open up another strong favorite or two.

Thoughts?

Still mad about Greg Williams costing me a split of the 26k as everyone, besides one person, had LV @ the Jets.

Sent in CLE as my pick a couple hours ago but have til midnight to solidify. Saw the WR news and delayed flight. Could use the Bears but that's about it on my roster.
5 left in my pool, One guy had TB and NO available so pretty sure he/she is on to week 17.
Bears or Browns? Thoughts

Sent in CLE as my pick a couple hours ago but have til midnight to solidify. Saw the WR news and delayed flight. Could use the Bears but that's about it on my roster.
5 left in my pool, One guy had TB and NO available so pretty sure he/she is on to week 17.
Bears or Browns? Thoughts

I am in a similar spot. My league has required 2 selections for the past few weeks. I already won one with TB. 8 others remain who need to pick 2 still and they will all certainly be using the Bears as they have all used the Browns.

my question is do I roll with Bears who seem slightly more likely to win than the Browns and play on with everyone else for another week? Or do I go against the grain and hope for a Jags upset? I would likely win the pot then if the Browns win. 550 entries at $50 each!

Basically I think Bears are a safer pick to survive but going against them gives me the best chance to win outright.

2 selections needed next week and I would have no good teams remaining.

One benefit of using CHI this week is you could use CLE next week against PIT. I stuck with CLE for this week and we'll see how to mix and match things next week if I move on. Week 17 usually has a couple teams that are sitting their starters so there's opportunity there. I still have all of the NFC least, something might jump out there. There's always the possibility the hoodie shows the league the proper way to tank against the J-E-T-S. Just get me there.

Just got the sheet with everyone's picks. One TB, one HOU, two CHI, and me on CLE. Big fan of the Jags and Bengals today. And of course the Brownies.

Back