Super Bowl Sunday 2/12

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2190 - Another very successful season no matter who wins.
1-1 last

Philly ML x50

Any fluke injury could occur between now and two weeks game time, but other than flukes there is no reason to wait to bet this and write it up. All things being the same as today, Philly is going to win this game. We can talk and talk and argue all we want but one fact is pretty inescapable. Mahommes is injured. I use that word specifically because my old coaches used to say are you hurt or injured meaning hurt you can play but injured you can't. Now before you KC fans go ape shit on me, I know it is just an ankle sprain and of course he will play. But my point is that, like what we saw yesterday when he beat Cinn, Mahommes will not be 100% in just two weeks. Pressure will be much more coming from the Philly defense than it did from Cinn. Did they really even pressure him?

Now if Mahommes was healthy there is no way I would ever bet against him. He is as difficult to corner as a fish. But you could tell he was feeling the ankle yesterday because when he did leave the pocket he didn't move very well. Plus, he should have layed 40 on the Bengal defense. And yes, this was the case even before he got reinjured. Come to think of it how did he reinjure that ankle? Seems to me he was rolling to his left and pulled up limping near the sidelines. I don't believe it was a direct hit. Now he will have two weeks to recover instead of only one week but that won't be enough. You are going to hear reports from the team and the media that he is running well, and the ankle is not a problem, but I won't believe it. Add to the fact that he has to face a very physical and pressuring Eagle defense and I think betting on KC is risky because KC without a 100% healthy Mahommes is not KC. Speaking of the Philly defense, I don't think KC will be able to run the ball against them. True, it's not something they depend on anyway, but KC only managed 40 yards on 20 rushes against Cinn. Eagles will swallow them whole and still be able to focus on defending the pass.

Throw in Hurts is doing a great job leading the offense and he proved that by laying 31 on a very good SF defense. But really this decision comes down to the simple fact that Mahommes won't be 100%.

This is for both the Philly and KC fans. I have always said if you are a fan of a team never bet on their games especially the big ones. If they win the Super Bowl, you will be over the moon with happiness. Any money you win will have no effect because YOUR team is WORLD CHAMPION!!!! And if your favorite team loses the Super Bowl, do you really want to add to that misery by having to pay some asshole money? Don't bet on your favorite team ever. Just watch and enjoy. GL

Agree with everything you said although I do think Hurts threw the ball awful yesterday. He missed big with Brown early in the game as well as just being off in the passing game. The 1 stat that is glaring. KC run D gives up 6 yards a carry while Philly’s run O is averaging 4.7. This is a problem for KC on top of what you mentioned regarding Mahomes.

Healthy he “should lay 40 on cincy d”? I don’t really understand that, he hasn’t put up 30 on them once in 4 games, 3 of them his ankle was fine: mahomes played amazing yesterday, I can’t imagine he coulda been better. Between the 2 qbs it sure seems to me like Hurts shoulder effecting him more than mahomes ankle, havnt really seem hurts throw the ball well since the shoulder injury:

Thanks Wise. Yes, you thought Hurts played badly yesterday. If he has a "decent" day in two weeks, it's over. GL

The flow of that game yesterday Bank and KC opportunities in my opinion Mahommes if he was healthy would have been able to run it up on Cinn. Especially after Cinn looked so bad their first two possession and the field position KC got from those. But all they came away with was 1 field goal in the whole first quarter. Not looking at the other games just yesterday.

We will have to disagree on Mahommes performance. If you say he played great despite the ankle hampering him, I will agree with that. But I didn't think he played all that great in general. Or should I say he didn't look like his great self to me. I don't think Cinn has a stifling defense, but Philly does so he better be 100% and stay that way for the whole next game. If he does that KC can win. GL

I think you really selling the Cincy d short but I been wrong before. no clue where im going in this one yet, hopefully I find some props I like, although these a couple of the tougher teams to pinpoint which guys gonna get the ball!!

I think you are right about me selling Cinn d short. truth be told when I think about Cinn it isn't their d I think about so I could be dismissing them when they are much better than I give them credit for. GL

I think you are right about me selling Cinn d short. truth be told when I think about Cinn it isn't their d I think about so I could be dismissing them when they are much better than I give them credit for. GL

I think they got a bunch of dogs on that d and for my money there isn’t a DC in the league making better in game adjustments than bengals guy. Doesn’t much matter for this upcoming game, I just think mahomes deserves a ton of credit for what he was able to do against that group. kc oline deserves some credit for mostly keeping mahomes clean also. They might not rush the passer quite as well as eagles but I don’t think there a massive leap up from playing Cincy d and now to eagles d.

Where I think the drastic difference lies in this game Is kc d having to deal w eagles oline who the best unit in the league compared to pushing bengals group of backups around, that really where I see a big issue for chiefs, how their d hold up when Jones, Clark, and co will most likely be neutralized.

YTD +2190 - Another very successful season no matter who wins.
1-1 last

Philly ML x50

Any fluke injury could occur between now and two weeks game time, but other than flukes there is no reason to wait to bet this and write it up. All things being the same as today, Philly is going to win this game. We can talk and talk and argue all we want but one fact is pretty inescapable. Mahommes is injured. I use that word specifically because my old coaches used to say are you hurt or injured meaning hurt you can play but injured you can't. Now before you KC fans go ape shit on me, I know it is just an ankle sprain and of course he will play. But my point is that, like what we saw yesterday when he beat Cinn, Mahommes will not be 100% in just two weeks. Pressure will be much more coming from the Philly defense than it did from Cinn. Did they really even pressure him?

Now if Mahommes was healthy there is no way I would ever bet against him. He is as difficult to corner as a fish. But you could tell he was feeling the ankle yesterday because when he did leave the pocket he didn't move very well. Plus, he should have layed 40 on the Bengal defense. And yes, this was the case even before he got reinjured. Come to think of it how did he reinjure that ankle? Seems to me he was rolling to his left and pulled up limping near the sidelines. I don't believe it was a direct hit. Now he will have two weeks to recover instead of only one week but that won't be enough. You are going to hear reports from the team and the media that he is running well, and the ankle is not a problem, but I won't believe it. Add to the fact that he has to face a very physical and pressuring Eagle defense and I think betting on KC is risky because KC without a 100% healthy Mahommes is not KC. Speaking of the Philly defense, I don't think KC will be able to run the ball against them. True, it's not something they depend on anyway, but KC only managed 40 yards on 20 rushes against Cinn. Eagles will swallow them whole and still be able to focus on defending the pass.

Throw in Hurts is doing a great job leading the offense and he proved that by laying 31 on a very good SF defense. But really this decision comes down to the simple fact that Mahommes won't be 100%.

This is for both the Philly and KC fans. I have always said if you are a fan of a team never bet on their games especially the big ones. If they win the Super Bowl, you will be over the moon with happiness. Any money you win will have no effect because YOUR team is WORLD CHAMPION!!!! And if your favorite team loses the Super Bowl, do you really want to add to that misery by having to pay some asshole money? Don't bet on your favorite team ever. Just watch and enjoy. GL
You’re right. When the Rams won the Super Bowl last year I had them in futures and teasers and won them all but it was such an after thought being there and celebrating. I was never once thinking about anything except we won the Super Bowl and I was there taking photos for a lifetime of memories.

Thanks Hunt. I appreciate the response. GL

Thanks Bank. I did look it up and you are right. Cinn was 7th in the NFL on overall defense. Much higher than I would have given them. GL

Good stuff Wise. GL

Thanks Botanical. I appreciate the response. GL

Tuesday, with the game 4 days away, and the KC head coach said Mahommes isn't 100% but can do a lot of things. A ploy because Mahommes really is 100%? I don't think so. But he better be 100% if KC hopes to win. GL

Back