Super Bowl Props/Specials Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Best Super Bowl LVI Prop Bets Available Right Now

Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. ET (NBC) at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California

What will happen First in the Game?
Sack -135
Touchdown +105

Deservedly so, Cincinnati has received a lot of slack for its pass protection.

The Bengals are well-known, for example, for allowing nine sacks in the Divisional Round against Tennessee.

But what they did in their last game against Kansas City shows that they have taken measures to avoid another sack fiasco.

In that game, Burrow was sacked one time despite throwing 38 attempts.

It is true that the Chief pass rush is not nearly as strong as Tennessee's. The latter is ranked significantly higher in sack rate.

However, Kansas City's sack percentage in the AFC Championship was over two-percent lower than its season average.

If the Chief sack percentage in that game had equaled its season average, then one could say that the low number of sacks that Burrow took is a product of Kansas City's inferior quality.

But Cincinnati did some new things that they will surely do again in the Super Bowl.

Unlike the game against Tennessee, Cincinnati started off running the ball a lot.

Running is obviously an easy way to avoid sacks. It also keeps the pass rushers guessing -- whereas pass rushers love a situation like third and long where they know that the opponent will pass.

With a greater mixture of runs plus a focus on short passes, the Bengals could avoid conceding sacks.

Going further, looking back at Cincinnati's first plays against the Titan defense, one does see that the Bengals tried even in that game to throw a lot of short passes.

But besides renewing their devotion to feeding running back Joe Mixon, the Bengals will have greater success in the short passing game against the Ram defense.

Under Defensive Coordinator Raheem Morris, L.A. is known for playing a soft zone coverage where its defensive backs offer a lot of cushion to opposing pass-catchers.

This stylistic preference explains why the Rams rank 28thin limiting opposing pass completions per game.

Of course, all of this could be moot if the Rams start off with the ball.

Los Angeles has built its offensive line to be strongest against the pass. It has one of the NFL's stouter pass protection units, ranking sixth in sack percentage.

Cincinnati's pass rush relies primarily on its defensive ends.

But PFF grades in the regular season and playoffs offer strong optimism toward particularly the Ram tackles who will be asked to block Bengal defensive ends.

Neither team should need much time to score before allowing a sack. With elite options at the wide receiver position and two quarterbacks who are playing great, either team will produce a touchdown before allowing a sack.

Best Bet: Touchdown +105 at Bovada

Anytime Touchdown Scorer

As always, value is important. Certainly, we like Cooper Kupp to score, but -190 is just so expensive.

Kupp hasn't scored in six different games. Also with Odell Beckham Jr., ascending, there appear too many other scoring options for the Rams.

The Bengals, however, are rather dependent on Ja'Marr Chase.

Tee Higgins did rival Chase somewhat in targets during the regular season.

But Joe Burrow likes to find his best man in the end zone. Chase accrued seven more touchdowns than Higgins in the regular season.

Last Sunday, we saw the Chiefs focus on limiting Chase's productivity just like they did the week before to Buffalo's top wide receiver.

But L.A. will count on its top cornerback, Jalen Ramsey, to cover Chase.

Now, Ramsey deserves much of the praise that he gets. But he is very beatable.

In the Divisional Round, Mike Evans, for example, blew by Ramsey for a 55-yard touchdown as part of a productive output when covered by Ramsey.

Like Deebo Samuel did when he escaped Ramsey to score in the NFC Championship game, Chase is a guy who gladly catches screens and explodes.

Chase, who ranks fourth in QB rating when targeted and ranks in the 94th-percentile in 40-yard dash, can likewise beat Ramsey deep.

In addition to using his speed, Chase has very clean technique when running routes.

I think -110 is a great price for Chase to score.

Best Bet: Ja'Marr Chase -110 at Bovada

Lol. I just skimmed and I’m high but don’t you have to hope rams get ball and score on 1st drive?? When cincy gets ball burrow getting sacked before he scores a td! Can I just bet that??

is this the official props thread?(needs work)
I use a local.
Are the props for the opening KO up at your respective books?
I can get each kickers first KO, but at this point I can 't get the opening KO.

He's slowly bled more n more plays, but not some of the global plays .

Back