Super Bowl LIV

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
As a fan, two of the best weeks of my life. Will never forget them.

6-1 playoffs

5u Chiefs -1 (played early in the week) 1 unit = How you would treat $100. I say that because everyone’s unit could be different

Props:

Garroppolo over 239.5 yards. .5u
Garroppolo throws an INT .25u
Mahomes passing yards over 303.5 .5u
Mostert rushing yards under 74.5 +110 .25u
Emmanuel Sanders over 2.5 receptions .
Sammy Watkins over 3.5 rec. .5u
Sammy Watkins over 49.5 yards .25u

Hardman over 1.5 receptions +110 .5u
Kelce over 5.5 receptions 2u
SF players with a catch over 5.5 -165 1.5u (posted in prop thread)

Len Dawson shown smoking +700 (now +485) .1u
Both teams make a 32.5 yard field goal .5u

Dustin Colquitt first punt over 45.5 yards .5u
Total players to attempt a pass over 2.5 +130 .25u

I’m at a bar now. I’ll give an analysis in a bit.

Last edited:
I’m still out and about. Here’s what it comes down to. The experts have analyzed this from every angle. The non-experts which includes myself have done the same.

The Chiefs have looked very good while going 8-0 (SU and ATS) since November 10. The Niners looked very strong much of the season. They did not look good down the stretch at points. And have played out of their minds the last two weeks.

There has been an idea that for some reason analytics don’t matter in this game. The analytics tell us quite a bit but it’s as if nobody is paying attention.

myth #1: The Niners rush offense is elite. They had a negative DVOA on the season. They finished one spot ahead of KC (who nobody thinks has an efficient rushing attack) on the season. There is a matchup advantage on paper in this area but the Chiefs have faced and have stopped better rushing attacks on the season despite their poor ranking. As mentioned earlier in the week, Mike Pennel has been huge in run D since he started playing with KC. They are 9-1 with him in the lineup, with the one loss being a Matt Moore led loss to Green Bay

myth #2: Jimmy G can’t win this game on his own. Do I want to see him try? Yes. But he has performed at a level far higher than he is being regarded. The Chiefs are the 3rd best passing defense the Niners will have faced however, rating 6th in DVOA. The Niners played 5 games against top 10 DVOA pass defenses. In those games, Jimmy had 3 TDS and 5 Ints. The key here and above is for the Niners to try to attack Daniel Sorenson, who remains one of the true weak links on d.

not a myth: You’re all just high on KC because of Mahomes. Yup.

myth #3: George Kittle is significantly a better right end than Kelce, because of blocking etc. DYAR measures the total value of a TE. For 2019 Kelce rated ahead of Kittle. Depending on which side of the field Kelce lines up, he’s going to create mismatches on defense either way. If you double him, you’re leaving Hill Hardman and Watkins to find the gaps in the zone or exploit one on one coverage. Kittle has a great matchup as well. And he’s outstanding. He’s the future of the position. His equal is going to have a day though on the other side.

In CTG land, I’ve read it’s “obvious” multiple times how many advantages SF has. I read how obvious it was two weeks ago as well.

here’s a small nugget that is being overlooked week after week: Aside from Baltimore, who had an amazing season, The Chiefs are the best and most complete team in football. Weighted DVOA which takes into account the latter portion of the season and minimizes the earlier portion of the season shows the Chiefs as a significantly better team (44% to 32%) than SF. The 12% difference is the regular season equivalent of the distance between SF and Minnesota. Neutral field SF would have been at least a 4 point fav in that game and that 12% difference was evident on the field.

All of the places I’ve seen SF have an “advantage” (other than rushing o vs rushing d), I don’t see it. The SF front 7 is awesome. KC will be the third best line they’ve faced in pass protection. The Rams were #1. Early in the season, the Niners dominated that game and had 4 sacks. In the rematch, there were no sacks and the Rams had 31 points. The second best line they faced were the Saints. They had no sacks and gave up 46 points. Now they play the best offense and line combo they’ve faced all season and I’m not sold in any way that they will get to Mahomes.

I think the Chiefs have the advantages where they need them (yes including coaching) and they will raise the Lombardi for the first time in 50 years. They will win both halves and hold on for a close victory.

I wish good luck to all Niners fans and backers. You all obv see this way differently. I at least tried to back my play with context and stats. Your mileage may vary.

my props reflect how I see the game playing out.

I look forward to reading other peoples threads before the game with their analysis.

Best of luck cap. I wholeheartedly agree on your boys. I would've made the line 2 or 2.5. But I am staying away from side and total because I think this will be an excellent game for live betting.

Also love the Mostert rushing yards under prop. I may add that one.

I hope by the end of this one its been worth the wait for you.

I’m a diehard football fan whose favorite team is the Chiefs, that would be accurate. I would be lying if I didn’t say this was a very special day for me and those who have waited their whole lives to see this happen. Good luck today.
That's awesome Cap. Very seldom to have your team in the SB. Enjoy

The morning after the AFC Championship I could have gotten $4000. It went up every day since. Sure I could sit outside the stadium and miss a quarter and get in for $2000. Not happening.

I think I read somewhere the average ticket was $12k

jfc. I don’t feel so crazy for paying roughly 1k each for me and my brother to go to a few cardinals nlcs and WS games back in the day. Freaking bargain comparatively! Lol. honestly football is far better on tv anyways! Much rather Go to home game playoff/championship game nfl where you get the incredible atmosphere. SB atmosphere doesn’t seem nearly as fun for real.

jfc. I don’t feel so crazy for paying roughly 1k each for me and my brother to go to a few cardinals nlcs and WS games back in the day. Freaking bargain comparatively! Lol. honestly football is far better on tv anyways! Much rather Go to home game playoff/championship game nfl where you get the incredible atmosphere. SB atmosphere doesn’t seem nearly as fun for real.
Agreed!

we went to few playoff games and a Monday night game during rams greatest show on turf years, they were fun cause the atmosphere was great but really far as watching the game I much prefer football on tv. Baseball and hockey better live imo.

we went to few playoff games and a Monday night game during rams greatest show on turf years, they were fun cause the atmosphere was great but really far as watching the game I much prefer football on tv. Baseball and hockey better live imo.

to me going to the AFC Championship was as good of a fan experience as you’re going to get. More so than the Super Bowl

to me going to the AFC Championship was as good of a fan experience as you’re going to get. More so than the Super Bowl

I bet. Years ago We made the trip to kc and took in a regular season chiefs/raiders game and that was fantastic!! Can only imagine how awesome the championship atmosphere was!!

Kinda bummed I bet San Fran cause I really would like to see ya’ll win. luckily I don’t have enough on it that I be too pissed off if kc wins. Lol

My goodness. I left the party I was at down 20-10 with 9 mins left. I can’t believe we won.

Reactions: RMR
You going to Disney World?
Congrats man, you deserve it for all your time sharing your insight on the board. Don’t think many can hate on Andy or Patty. Two first class guys.

Boarding the plane now. Heading out for tomorrow’s parade. I assume cell service will be a nightmare with a million people packed in. I’ll post pics when I can. Still in shock at the last 7 mins.

I do think there are a few plays where Shanahan erred in the play call, but overall it was just a perfect storm of events culminating in Damien Williams making that glorious run. Tomorrow will be absolutely bonkers.

Back