Super Bowl and Sentiments of Gratitude

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
Greetings all. Here to post my Super Bowl selection. This has been a very profitable season and I appreciate all of the kind words I have received this season as well as the contributions from all who post here regularly. To name everyone would be impossible and an injustice to anyone I left out but a sincere thank you from my end to all who have made this a great place to come and talk football and money. Best of luck to all tomorrow.

Seattle +2.5 (5.5/5)
Seattle ML +115 (5/5.75)

I will just bulletpoint my rationale:

• Seattle, in my opinion, is the better team
  • This game will not come down to Denver D vs Seattle O. It will be Seattle O vs Denver D. It is almost a draw in the first matchup, but the Seattle O will have the upper hand on the Denver D.
  • In a matchup with physical DBs and and defenses, Denver has stalled at times.
  • I think there is a decided edge in ST coverage for Seattle.
  • I think there is a coaching edge in favor of Seattle.
  • I think there is a decided ground game in edge in favor of Seattle.

When I look at these factors and took the names out and called them Team A (Denver) and Team B (Seattle), I would go with Team B all day in the matchup. Thus, I am going with Seattle.

Best of luck to everyone. And thanks again for a great 2013-2014 campaign.

Also, if you do like Seattle, there is no reason why you shouldn't POUND over for carries for Lynch.

Greetings all. Here to post my Super Bowl selection. This has been a very profitable season and I appreciate all of the kind words I have received this season as well as the contributions from all who post here regularly. To name everyone would be impossible and an injustice to anyone I left out but a sincere thank you from my end to all who have made this a great place to come and talk football and money. Best of luck to all tomorrow.

Seattle +2.5 (5.5/5)
Seattle ML +115 (5/5.75)

I will just bulletpoint my rationale:

• Seattle, in my opinion, is the better team
  • This game will not come down to Denver D vs Seattle O. It will be Seattle O vs Denver D. It is almost a draw in the first matchup, but the Seattle O will have the upper hand on the Denver D.
  • In a matchup with physical DBs and and defenses, Denver has stalled at times.
  • I think there is a decided edge in ST coverage for Seattle.
  • I think there is a coaching edge in favor of Seattle.
  • I think there is a decided ground game in edge in favor of Seattle.

When I look at these factors and took the names out and called them Team A (Denver) and Team B (Seattle), I would go with Team B all day in the matchup. Thus, I am going with Seattle.

Best of luck to everyone. And thanks again for a great 2013-2014 campaign.

Health on the Hawks.

In games like this the ML is worth it if you like the dog to win SU. I appreciate your position that you think Seattle is the better team,.
I would like to note that the Hawks were held to 10 points at home near the season end by Arizona. That would cause me concern more so, as you feel that Denver has stalled at times. Keep in mind that Denver hasn't 'stalled' nearly as much as the Seahawks as the Broncos averaged 36 points per game offensively away. The Hawks had hard times scoring 12 points in Carolina in game one to start the season, in which the Panthers were not in sync at all until 5 games later - and rolled up a mighty 14 points against the Rams.

As far as a coaching edge, a coach needs to have players that can come back when trailing against a power house offense. I dont see Pete Carrol any better than any other coach who made the playoffs, As a matter of fact, He would trail a good distance to Belichik, and I would not put him ahead of John Fox or Chuck Pagano.

As far as the ground game advantage, Denver is one of the few teams to hold the entire league to an average under 100 yds per game. If the Hakws are shut down on the ground by Denver, the Seahawks dont have enough in the passing game to overcome what Denver will do on the scoreboard. I expect this game to be a good one, especially for Denver backers.

Nothing I said means you are wrong, Nothing you said means you are wrong. I simply enjoy reading opinions and expressing mine when they are different.

CG. That's why this is the premier spot to talk shop. I have already put my action in, but a lot of times someone like you will come in and provide that counterpoint that maybe I overlooked. All of your points are good ones to counter mine. I'd love to be on the same side like Championship Weekend but health to you and thanks for all your insight this year.

Edit: One more aside. I think the Denver run D number is skewed. They are 21st in efficiency, but I think it's obvious why they would hold teams to under 100 rushing. How many teams were actually rushing in the second half of a game?

Last edited:
Health on the Hawks.

In games like this the ML is worth it if you like the dog to win SU. I appreciate your position that you think Seattle is the better team,.
I would like to note that the Hawks were held to 10 points at home near the season end by Arizona. That would cause me concern more so, as you feel that Denver has stalled at times. Keep in mind that Denver hasn't 'stalled' nearly as much as the Seahawks as the Broncos averaged 36 points per game offensively away. The Hawks had hard times scoring 12 points in Carolina in game one to start the season, in which the Panthers were not in sync at all until 5 games later - and rolled up a mighty 14 points against the Rams.

As far as a coaching edge, a coach needs to have players that can come back when trailing against a power house offense. I dont see Pete Carrol any better than any other coach who made the playoffs, As a matter of fact, He would trail a good distance to Belichik, and I would not put him ahead of John Fox or Chuck Pagano.

As far as the ground game advantage, Denver is one of the few teams to hold the entire league to an average under 100 yds per game. If the Hakws are shut down on the ground by Denver, the Seahawks dont have enough in the passing game to overcome what Denver will do on the scoreboard. I expect this game to be a good one, especially for Denver backers.

Nothing I said means you are wrong, Nothing you said means you are wrong. I simply enjoy reading opinions and expressing mine when they are different.

Not my thread but a couple things I'd like to interject here.

An an argument can be made that the Broncos have not played a defense the calibre of the Panthers or the Cards the entire season. The closest thing to a good defense was the Chiefs but I'm pretty sure we can all agree that they were not a good matchup for Denver. The difference in strength of schedule between the two is a very wide margin.

As as far as Denver holding teams under 100 yards rushing that stat is skewed quite a bit by the fact that most teams had to abandon the run and throw just to keep up and not lose by 50. We can probably agree that Denver isn't going to score 50 tomorrow.

CG. That's why this is the premier spot to talk shop. I have already put my action in, but a lot of times someone like you will come in and provide that counterpoint that maybe I overlooked. All of your points are good ones to counter mine. I'd love to be on the same side like Championship Weekend but health to you and thanks for all your insight this year.

Edit: One more aside. I think the Denver run D number is skewed. They are 21st in efficiency, but I think it's obvious why they would hold teams to under 100 rushing. How many teams were actually rushing in the second half of a game?

snuck that part in as I was typing. I said the same thing.

GL btw tomorrow Cap

An an argument can be made that the Broncos have not played a defense the calibre of the Panthers or the Cards the entire season. The closest thing to a good defense was the Chiefs but I'm pretty sure we can all agree that they were not a good matchup for Denver. The difference in strength of schedule between the two is a very wide margin.

As as far as Denver holding teams under 100 yards rushing that stat is skewed quite a bit by the fact that most teams had to abandon the run and throw just to keep up and not lose by 50. We can probably agree that Denver isn't going to score 50 tomorrow.

I'm sorry my friend. Didn't mean to steal your thunder. After I pressed send it hit me to add that in. GL to you tomorrow CDS and KK

Enjoyed your insight all NFL season Capaholic

I hope you stck around here....always a "thread checker" for me during the NFL week

Health 2mrw:shake:

That means that Seattle will likely be in the same position running the ball, because Wilson wont be good enough to 'keep up' with Denver. When forced to pass, the Hawks will be exposed, much like SF was when trailing at Seattle in the last game. Kaep was picked and lost because of it because he was forced to pass.

I do agree that Denver hasnt faced a lot of defensive gems, but that said - the Broncos have held the last four to less than 20 points per game and that should be the case today against a Seahawk bunch that isn't a leading offense when traveling. Denver has one mission defensively today,- to make Wilson a passer instead of a runner. That can be done two ways, - defensively and with the Denver offense scoring, to force them to pass.

:cheers:

Just thought it was obvious going in who was better. I looked for reasons why Denver would make it a game but never found them. Congrats to everyone on a great season and I hope that anyone who lost lost within their means. Best wishes until next NFL season.

Back