Suns vs Nuggets Discussion Thread

Today's NBA

They played each other 4 times during the season and not once did it replicate anything close to the lineups either will be playing in the postseason. How much fun!

Today's NBA

They played each other 4 times during the season and not once did it replicate anything close to the lineups either will be playing in the postseason. How much fun!
Going back to the 2000s, I used to love using regular season series for capping. You could find the tiniest of tidbits to help you (perhaps a prop).

That is long gone nowadays.

Going back to the 2000s, I used to love using regular season series for capping. You could find the tiniest of tidbits to help you (perhaps a prop).

That is long gone nowadays.
There isn't a remote comparison in any of their games and they played 4 times

I guess have fun capping it but it's a hullabaloo

Likely where KD is that guy but I wouldn't bet on it. We know in a perfect world Jamal and Book will cancel, Joker will do his thing and I believe the Suns defend him well, no homer. Well kinda. But Porter should be lethal against this team that can't really extend on the outside. Atyon gets to earn his man card here....offensively. Don't need him picking up 2 quick, Biyombo and Landale are so much better than him defensively anyway.

Keep Ayton alive for the stretch. My off the cuff take on this one. Should decide g1

Overs or unders for this series?

Phoenix played Clippers 5 games and didn’t cover 1q and 1H….they were all favorites

I’ll take my chances with Denver 1q and 1H along with the overs hopefully it’s around 55-58 range

Phoenix played Clippers 5 games and didn’t cover 1q and 1H….they were all favorites

I’ll take my chances with Denver 1q and 1H along with the overs hopefully it’s around 55-58 range
Not a chance on the low end of that # was my initial thought...

But here they are with G1 sitting at 225... So the 1Q will be around 56.5/57.

I expected 227-229 to be honest.

There is so much if when it comes to totals here imo

The Suns/Clips series taught me nothing because it was simply exhibition at times. When Kawhi played, Booker was the best defender on the court for the Suns and it wasn't close. He was all over the place in g2 especially. Then the series just went to shit after that (thankfully as a fan, more importantly it gave Phx a couple games to play together which was lacking)

I actually lean early unders. 1q and 1h the first two games at minimum. Torrey will be a very good defender and if Book plays like he did in g1 and g2 his defense is very good. And it needs to be against Murray.

Not sure overall, the world will think overs are locks so there's that

There is so much if when it comes to totals here imo

The Suns/Clips series taught me nothing because it was simply exhibition at times. When Kawhi played, Booker was the best defender on the court for the Suns and it wasn't close. He was all over the place in g2 especially. Then the series just went to shit after that (thankfully as a fan, more importantly it gave Phx a couple games to play together which was lacking)

I actually lean early unders. 1q and 1h the first two games at minimum. Torrey will be a very good defender and if Book plays like he did in g1 and g2 his defense is very good. And it needs to be against Murray.

Not sure overall, the world will think overs are locks so there's that

Booker was awful against Westbrook. Made him look like the MVP version before Durant had to save the day.

I like the Suns matchup wise a lot. But that bench is G league esk. Denver’s isn’t good either but they at least have NBA talent on it.
I really agree with this

Getting Payne back is huge...bench is him, Okogie, Biyambo and Landale which actually works out well for this series I think

Shamet is simply not that guy

I’m super tempted to play the nugs, maybe having a team that has played together will matter? So tough to win in Denver, suns can’t drop a home game cause I don’t think they winning 2 there!

As mentioned should be lots of guys hitting their prop numbers in a few categories most the games this series. Once ant decided to take over Denver couldn’t stop him so they not stopping booker, they do have a few guys that might matchup ok w kd, I dunno. Murray should abuse cp3 or whoever else tries to check him, let’s just hope we can keep him aggressive all series not just at home!!

I’m super tempted to play the nugs, maybe having a team that has played together will matter? So tough to win in Denver, suns can’t drop a home game cause I don’t think they winning 2 there!

As mentioned should be lots of guys hitting their prop numbers in a few categories most the games this series. Once ant decided to take over Denver couldn’t stop him so they not stopping booker, they do have a few guys that might matchup ok w kd, I dunno. Murray should abuse cp3 or whoever else tries to check him, let’s just hope we can keep him aggressive all series not just at home!!
Murray v Booker is a terrible mathcup for him

Still like Denver for the series, but not betting that ahead of time.

Anything can happen G1..

Personally will be stalking the total in the live market.

Crazy movement on the total, opened 224.5 and money pouring in on over

Looks like slightly heavier on Nuggets and justified move from 2.5 to 3.5, nothing crazy there except it's now over a possession

I lean over but missed the good number. Fair number on this game is probably about 229

Reactions: KJ
I lean over but missed the good number. Fair number on this game is probably about 229
Bet live and hope for a slow start

I don't see the 1Q as some massive over wager, think there will be a feeling out period

These two played 4 times this season and none of the four games remotely featured the same players as we'll see tonight

G1 first half analysis..

Phoenix shooting 55% and down 17 points.

Durant and Book with 33 combined.

Denver has made 9 three's, while Phoenix has 2 makes.

Jokic bad shooting again, 5-14.

G1 first half analysis..

Phoenix shooting 55% and down 17 points.

Durant and Book with 33 combined.

Denver has made 9 three's, while Phoenix has 2 makes.

Jokic bad shooting again, 5-14.

I wasn’t able to watch any of the first half, but I’m on over 227 for the game. Factoring in your post, I don’t see how someone could endorse a Phoenix play for the second half. Doesn’t mean I would necessarily endorse a Denver play, but man, those are some wild stats.

I wasn’t able to watch any of the first half, but I’m on over 227 for the game. Factoring in your post, I don’t see how someone could endorse a Phoenix play for the second half. Doesn’t mean I would necessarily endorse a Denver play, but man, those are some wild stats.
Yeah, I'm watching this and hockey so I won't say I have 100% attention but Denver is scoring at will.

Phoenix was as well till about 8 mins left and then became sporadic.

KD looks great, Book solid as usual.

Gordon and MPJ have been great.

I may kick myself for not playing total at open. But, I wanted to see a few mins to make sure.

At this rate, I'll definitely be kicking myself for not betting the series.

A very small sample size, but this is going a lot like expected (not this big of lead, but that's the 3pt disparity).

Game 1 thoughts (recap) .

Bubble Murray is officially back!

Denver really never was challenged after the early parts of the 2nd quarter. They finished with 125 and that was a tad low to be honest factoring in garbage time.

Murray and Gordon were great. Brown was excellent off the bench. Joker had a solid game but he'll be better as we go.

Durant was awesome through 3 quarters, but barely played in 4th and didn't score.

Booker got going early 4th, finally, but it was too late. He was fine all game but just not the volume you look for.

Murray definitely won the matchup of star 2 guards.

I'll post the box for capping purposes...

Screenshot_20230429-230008.png

Take note of the FGAs..

Take note of rebounds as well...

Phoenix is one of the lowest 3pt attempt teams left in playoffs, so that will be skewed a bit.

Lastly, glad that this one didn't fly over the #... Keeps some value...

Guessing G2 line is -3 and 229.5

Murray v Booker is a terrible mathcup for him

Murray cooked booker game 1. I don’t think there a matchup that bad for Murray, when he looks to score nobody stopping him. Dude has the whole package and think he why suns better be nervous. This a tough series for a suns team who has played what 15 games together? This nuggets squad has been together for some time, think they clearly deeper than the suns. So much scoring ability on both sides in this series but nuggets just have more dudes outside their stars who can step up and have big games. Suns gonna need more than 14-7 out of ayton imo. Not sure KD gonna be much better than he was gm1? Maybe he could hit few more 3s? Gotta figure most games kd/book and Murray/Jokic gonna show out and mostly cancel each other out.

other than the fact Murray just went nuts the difference to me in gm1 is Gordon had a huge game, any given night he or Porter jr can go off, Caldwell pope can make big shots. I just dunno where the answer is for suns unless Ayton acts like the guy we know he can be more consistently. The other problem I see for suns and mentioned before series started, they absolutely have to win every game at home imo, I just don’t think they gonna win 2 games in Denver, I’m pretty sure they can take 1 but beating nugs twice in Denver seems incredibly difficult!!

I have no idea where to go tonight. I don’t think im playing a side. Wish I could find a prop I was as confident in as looney rebounds! I was thinking booker but his number damn 30.5! KD points is 28.5. I think one of those 2 will go off but not sure which? Im kinda eying Porter jr ov 16.5 points, think he has a big game in him before they leave Denver, he has been cold from deep 3 games In a row since starting the wolves series scorching, seems it bout that time he finds his stroke again amd has a big game. They not bull shitting w Murray this series, he went from 22.5 game 1 now he 24.5 -125 to the over! I think he prob gets that again, he just seems more aggressive looking for his shot at home.

Murray cooked booker game 1. I don’t think there a matchup that bad for Murray, when he looks to score nobody stopping him. Dude has the whole package and think he why suns better be nervous. This a tough series for a suns team who has played what 15 games together? This nuggets squad has been together for some time, think they clearly deeper than the suns. So much scoring ability on both sides in this series but nuggets just have more dudes outside their stars who can step up and have big games. Suns gonna need more than 14-7 out of ayton imo. Not sure KD gonna be much better than he was gm1? Maybe he could hit few more 3s? Gotta figure most games kd/book and Murray/Jokic gonna show out and mostly cancel each other out.

other than the fact Murray just went nuts the difference to me in gm1 is Gordon had a huge game, any given night he or Porter jr can go off, Caldwell pope can make big shots. I just dunno where the answer is for suns unless Ayton acts like the guy we know he can be more consistently. The other problem I see for suns and mentioned before series started, they absolutely have to win every game at home imo, I just don’t think they gonna win 2 games in Denver, I’m pretty sure they can take 1 but beating nugs twice in Denver seems incredibly difficult!!

I have no idea where to go tonight. I don’t think im playing a side. Wish I could find a prop I was as confident in as looney rebounds! I was thinking booker but his number damn 30.5! KD points is 28.5. I think one of those 2 will go off but not sure which? Im kinda eying Porter jr ov 16.5 points, think he has a big game in him before they leave Denver, he has been cold from deep 3 games In a row since starting the wolves series scorching, seems it bout that time he finds his stroke again amd has a big game. They not bull shitting w Murray this series, he went from 22.5 game 1 now he 24.5 -125 to the over! I think he prob gets that again, he just seems more aggressive looking for his shot at home.
Book was a year earlier than Jamal at UK. Amazing the talent they had in those few years. Book left for the draft with the Harrison twins, Cauley-Stein, Lyles and KAT. The next year was Murray. Crazy when you think about it.

Book was a year earlier than Jamal at UK. Amazing the talent they had in those few years. Book left for the draft with the Harrison twins, Cauley-Stein, Lyles and KAT. The next year was Murray. Crazy when you think about it.

I didn’t even realize they both played at uk! Lol. Then they had Fox!

I never woulda guessed either of them played at uk! Lol. My memory is freaking terrible, I know I was following college hoops heavy those years! Lmao

I never woulda guessed either of them played at uk! Lol. My memory is freaking terrible, I know I was following college hoops heavy those years! Lmao
I don't remember either of them at UK

One and done does that, think I saw Book averaged 10 ppg, nothing worth remembering lol

Phoenix just looks like they haven’t gelled and played together much, which they haven’t. I’m running it back again with Nuggets G2 in some fashion. Points or ML with Celts….
I seriously think we can win by 30 and lose by 30. There is a lot going on.

Phoenix just looks like they haven’t gelled and played together much, which they haven’t. I’m running it back again with Nuggets G2 in some fashion. Points or ML with Celts….
That’s what I did too……….
Took Denver and over
1q Denver and over
1h Denver and over

Suns haven’t covered 1H line in the playoffs so far
Game 1 was their only covered in the 1q too…..

2nd half...

Denver only allowed 2 offensive boards

They got some FTs

Kcp huge 3s

Murray was awful.

Booker was great in 2nd and 3rd but awful in 4th... Pretty sure he didn't rest and had to handle point late.

Cam Payne is absolutely brutal.

That's A LOT of 3s for Phoenix.

I just don’t think suns can win in Denver. They got no depth, freaking kd and book have to play 45 minutes, in denver that ain’t a good recipe, nuggets struggled tonight and still won by 10!

Like I said from beginning, suns gonna have to win every game at home abd just hope they can steal one. No chance they win 3 in Denver

CP hammy.

This guy... Playoffs...

This is over in 4 or 5. They gave us a gift with + money on the #1 seed before the series and some of us never bet it (raises hand).

Denver hopefully gets to watch 7 tough ones in the Cali series.

I just don’t think suns can win in Denver. They got no depth, freaking kd and book have to play 45 minutes, in denver that ain’t a good recipe, nuggets struggled tonight and still won by 10!

Like I said from beginning, suns gonna have to win every game at home abd just hope they can steal one. No chance they win 3 in Denver
If those two can get 65+ in Phoenix they might sneak a game.

That's about it.

No bench.

If those two can get 65+ in Phoenix they might sneak a game.

That's about it.

No bench.

Unfortunately for them Ayton has no heart. He came out looking strong tonight then vanished like always. He a poor man AD, all the inconsistency with half the talent, lol. They need him to be giving them 20+.

Back