Sunday's UMPS/Weather thread... and some plays...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
OK guess no one was interested in the UMPS yesterday, as it was the best sports day of the entire calendar year yesterday. So good stuff everywhere; made a boatload of $ on the Derby matchups and my only baseball bet was the ChiSox at that ridiculous price against that overpriced bum Lackey...

UMP PLAYS today, at least for me.... I don't readily have the percentages available so unless SY or Shorty pop in, I am going out on a limb with the guys who have done well in these spots consistently the last four years.

HOLBROOK in Atl. Nothing there. I took LA plus 115 small after the lineup changes for the Braves (no Chipper or McCann)...

YOUNG in Miami. He's 55-44 O/U and 28-19 NL only (60 percent) in that same time frame, since the start of 2004. Peavy continues to strike out the world but could have a tired arm to an extent with all the pitches he's throwing. Teams are combined 22-9 in home/away O/Us this year. OVER for me.

SCOTT in Chicago. Fairly neutral. Pass for me.

TIMMONS in Milwaukee. 40-58 O/U since 2004, and 14-26 in NL parks (35 percent) over the same span. Tough to go UNDER here for obvious pitching reasons but Armas can't be as bad as his start indicates. POPS's thread talks about going against the combined O/U ERA for pitchers through a good part of May, as the bad ones seem to level off and the overly good ones seem to go up. The combined 22 ERA here makes it easy to go UNDER 8.5.

BUCKNOR in St. Louis. If he's not in the club, he ought to be. 59-39 the last four years, but he REALLY makes hay in the NL parks, going OVER a sparkling 71 percent of the time (34-14 overall)... Sampson going good, and Looper just isn't as good as his April would indicate in my opinion. Houston/O parlay for me... and OVER for a pretty decent bet.

VANOVER in Cincinnati. Arroyo really going good right now and Fogg was decent last out after a rocky (pun semi-intended) first inning. UNDER worth a look but no real strong opinion either way. Stabbed at Reds RL, as they are 9-7 vs. RHPs and usually hit better at home in day games.

KNIGHT in Phoenix. 12-17 overall and 6-10 NL (38 percent OVER) last four years; small sample size. Pelfrey has been rotten though did pitch six shutout innings last time after a bad first, while Livan is Livan. Two teams are 11-17 in these spots to the total (Mets road/Zona home)... if the roof is closed, then UNDER might be the way to go.

REYNOLDS in Frisco tonight. He's pretty neutral according to O/U last four years. Lincecum the young phenom going tonight for Frisco against Cole Hamels, THEIR young phenom. With a fastball at 101 and a sparking 0.29 ERA in the minors, this kid is the real deal for SFO and you might not get this price on him again if he's as good as advertised up here. I went ahead and bit on the Giants and a Giants/U parlay, figuring Hamels might also want to prove his worth to a national crowd. But I would have no problem with people betting agianst these two young kids, especially Frisco's, and going Philly/O... Just not for me, not at that price. I made Philly 15 cent fave, and was able to take 25...

Back with AL momentarily...

CKR, I hear rumors that Bonds is out of the line-up tonight. Not sure if its true, just thought I'd give you a heads up on it.

Sure think Seattle is overpriced today with their best pitcher (Washburn) going out there against a Yankee bum that keeps getting shuttled back and forth from the minors. Not sure about the total; lean to OVER as it seems to be the way to go with these two in these spots. Hell, the Asian kid had a perfect game going through seven innings yesterday and the game damn near STILL went over... I would have nothing to do with the UNDER. EVERITT neutral according to O/U numbers the last four years, and the strike percentage...

Yes, Bonds for SURE is not going to play tonight. Good heads up... and I am going to wait until closer to game time to get me some of that Giants, as should you guys, as the price will go up...

Also, SCOTT in Cubbie game calling 63.6 percent strikes. Barely in club member's zone for an UNDER, but it qualifies for a small bet so I am going to bet it small...

Day game in Cincy, and VANOVER at 60.3 percent strikes qualifies as a club play, so OVER it is at the Great OVERican Ballpark...

All of the other UMPS don't fall in the percentages of a club member these days; not even DANLEY, who falls just short of an "UNDER" at 63.4 percent...

HOYE in Baltimore. He's neutral. Pass.

MILLER is quite the anomaly. 47-55 O/U but 26-20 in the AL O/U last four years. He's in Tampa, where the price seems a little cheap on the A's. Passing.

DANLEY in Kansas City. Will be mentioned as an honorary ump considering his 43-44 O/U record overall but 11-22 (33 percent) O/U in the AL over the same time frame. Going to nibble on KC/UNDER parlay...

TSCHIDA in Minneapolis. 45-61 O/U but 16-27 (37 percent) in the AL over the same four years. Schilling is better at home but has been consistently good since the opener, and the Fat Ass got it in gear down in Tampa.
Bos/away and Min/home combined for 7-23 (23 percent) O/U record this year and 1-6 in day games in same spots. UNDER for me.

DRAKE in Texas. Pass.

DIAZ in Anaheim. Pass the total, but on the ChiSox again, as the side price is once again ridiculous on a guy with one of the best WHIP's in baseball...

GL!

Strangely, the Phillies line just went from -138 to -130 on TheGreek despite that it is now reported that Bonds will be out.

Thanks for the ump info CKR, not happy to see Tschida in Minny as I am on the Boston TT Over.

GL today.

Lots of rain here in KC. Not sure if they'll get the game in. Too bad, under did look like a decent bet. GL.

What a miserable Friday Nite going 2-5 on the totals. Took the day off yesterday as I hit the racetrack for the Derby. Thanks to Rex...I exacta boxed the 7,8,12,14 & 18 for 2.55 return on my money. Also, hit 2 other exactas at Churchill and 2 at Hollywood Park. Got pretty hammered afterwards and feeling it today.

Plays I made today:

UNDER in TB 10
OVER in O's 9
UNDER in KC 10 1/2
OVER in Cincy 8 1/2
UNDER in Chicago 8 1/2
OVER in STL 8 1/2

Not strong on any of these today, especially after an awful Friday Nite.

GL today

What a miserable Friday Nite going 2-5 on the totals. Took the day off yesterday as I hit the racetrack for the Derby. Thanks to Rex...I exacta boxed the 7,8,12,14 & 18 for 2.55 return on my money. Also, hit 2 other exactas at Churchill and 2 at Hollywood Park. Got pretty hammered afterwards and feeling it today.

Plays I made today:

UNDER in TB 10
OVER in O's 9
UNDER in KC 10 1/2
OVER in Cincy 8 1/2
UNDER in Chicago 8 1/2
OVER in STL 8 1/2

Not strong on any of these today, especially after an awful Friday Nite.

GL today

4-2 is a nice comeback day:wacka wacka:

Hey Girlie Girl, good to see you around, hope all is well.. and yes, Good work Short... Got the White Sox in there....

My day is gonna boil down to the Giants game. Waiting on the Bonds announcement to Don Best so the line will go up, then I am going to hit Frisco....

Will be back shortly with some UMP info for Monday. Now that SY is also done with his busy season, I expect him around starting tonight or tomorrow and we'll really get to killing these umps next week. The next four or five weeks are the most profitable of the year for both sides and (ESPECIALLY) totals... just ask Shorty or SY...

GL!

Wait 'til SY comes back around.

No one works harder than SHORT... and I try to get as much good info out there as well...

SY won't post as often but trust me, drunk or not, he is one to be followed.

When I agree with a SY play (usually SHORT does too), then it's a big big bet, especially these next 3-4 weeks....

Back