Sunday's UMPS/Weather thread... and other thoughts...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
OK my big bet of the day is out there on Oakland ... Also have parlays out there on Fish/U, Oak/O, Rockies/O, and Houston/U....

First UMP of the day is Layne in the Bronx. Interesting line, as Bedard is the BAL ace and Rasnor made the Yanks as fifth starter/long reliever and BAL has clear edge here.... especially with the lefty going against the Yankee lineup.

Layne has a small strike zone and isn't too consistent. Still, at 40-45 the last three years, there's no big bias either way with him. Lean to Bal/OVER correlation once again just because I see value on both bets...

:cheers:

Davidson is in Atlanta Sunday. He did the 4-1 Cub win over the Reds on the 4th... He was 19-16 last year and is 34-36 since the start of 2004 (limited 2005 I believe)... So nothing there...

El Duque had his way with St. Louis that same day. With a barrage of off-speed garbage, he gave STL just a home run by Scott Rolen and four other hits and never was in trouble in throwing 104 pitches... He has allowed one earned run in 20 innings and has a 3-0 record in three career starts at Turner Field. He didn't allow a run in 13 innings in two starts (2-0) vs. ATL last year.

Lance Cormier is still battling right shoulder discomfort, so Kyle Davies will fill the fifth starter's spot that he'd battled to win in Spring Training. After missing more than three months while rehabbing from right groin surgery last year, the 23-year-old right-hander suffered through two poor starts against the Mets in September, going just 8 1/3 innings and allowing 10 earned runs.

Reed will call Game 1 in Cleveland if they decide to play Sunday. He is pretty neutral...

Last time we saw Weaver, he was dominant in the World Series. He starts out as the No. 5 guy for Seattle. Weaver has a 54-73 career record and a 4.59 ERA in the American League, including a 5-5 record and a 3.97 ERA against the Indians in 12 career appearances.

Sabathia got 11 runs of support in the first three innings, so he relaxed, went six innings, and gave up three runs to Chicago on eight hits with a walk and two strikeouts. In his career against the Mariners, the left-hander has gone 4-3 with a 3.03 ERA, including an eight-inning shutout last season.

Looks like a pass to me.

I don't buy Weaver. I am sorry, I have seen this guy pitch too much and there is a reason he switches teams like I switch underwear. Indians lineup is ready to feast on this clown

Holy Shit I think I am ready to end it all now.

This is the reason I hate betting on baseball.

Oakland draws a hit batsman from Lackey, who somehow makes it into the 7th. They don't charge the mound like Kendall did last year, but fine, no problem. First and second, down 2-1, no one out.

Lackey, obviously intimidated, runs the count to 2-0 on the next batter. Instead of taking until they get a strike - they try to bunt on 2-0. He misses, which is bad enough. But the runner at second gets caught halfway between second and third, a truly cardinal sin. They eventually get him in the rundown, and now it's man on first, 1 out, because Swisher can't advance in the rundown. THey pop out, and then after a hit that puts them on the corners, Lackey strikes out the next guy.

Oakland trails 2-1 at stretch time, and one again, Lackey gets it done with smoke-and-mirrors.

I am leaving now. Call it a loss and maybe I get lucky and win the Rockies. What a fucking joke.

Again not a totals player..

Over 8.5 in Brew/Cub game w/ Cappy and Miller..Thoughts?

Fuck me sideways with a lunchbox.

Oakland gets leadoff man on in the 9th against Shields... One 4-6-3 DP and a strikeout of Swisher later, it's final and once again the sorry ass Angels win again. They are the biggest fraud in baseball - write that down...

Vanover in Milwaukee tomorrow but they ought to call him VanUNDER after his 11-22 2005 - he leaned a little 'over' last year but was 8-22 in 2003. ME thinks it's the same deal Hudson went though, only this is the year for Hudson OVERS (odd/even deal)...

Miller got his shoulder scoped last year and had just five starts. He won the fifth spot this spring but has to be a 'vet' now that his velocity will be down. He did not go past the fifth inning in his starts last year; Capuano is 7-2 lifetime against the Chubs with a 3.75 ERA in 10 starts. He doesn't have more than four wins against any other team.

I'll bite on a home/UNDER parlay there, as I made the total 8 over 15 and the Brewers a buck-40....

Out

Sorry.

Out now for immediate cocktails for as long as I can drink them. I am a mess but if I don't get laid after seeing shit like that Oakland I won't live for 5 more years, I'll be dead by 35 for sure....

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck Sunday Rex!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorry.

Out now for immediate cocktails for as long as I can drink them. I am a mess but if I don't get laid after seeing shit like that Oakland I won't live for 5 more years, I'll be dead by 35 for sure....

sorry bro, I know your having a bad day but this comment was fuckin hilarious.

Sorry.

Immediate cocktails lol...too fucking funny. Hope you got lucky and GL today. I think I will be on the Fish Sunday. Looking forward to the Masters today, hit all my matchups so far. GL

OK fellas... I am a little overly dramatic, as I did win some games yesterday.

Big bet now hinging on Cabrera's continued comeback at Augusta, as I have him -20 vs. Ames for my largest matchup bet (4 rounds) left...

Will have others shortly...

Baseball... Wind is blowing out again today in Cincinnati. I missed out yesterday but not a chance in hell today. Cooper is a mainly neutral ump (50-52 since the start of 2004) and these two should score some runs. Milton ERA vs. PIT and at home are pretty sorry. Duke pitched well enough to win Opening Day and eventually PIT rallied against the Astro closer. I like the Rats today to avoid the sweep and they should put up plenty of runs themselves. VIs/O parlay...

love the over in Cinci today....saw Freddy Sanchez in the leadoff spot so hopin he returns to form quickly

Sorry for getting lazy with this thread today. No one else of extreme notable exception goes behind the plate and with this being Masters Sunday and my hangover the size of the 16th green at Augusta - I am going to take the rest of the day off....

I do have Cubs/U

Pirates/O

Texas plus 121 (Schill fade, more or less)

Florida RL (fading the Philly rookie against a starter I like a lot for the Fish)

Colorado (Peavy has struggled with Colorado at times and their 3-4-5 guys are a combined 12-for-27 against him)

Baltimore/O

GL!

Back