Sunday's plays w/writeups....

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
2005 Season

69-42-2 (62%)

2006 Season

15-8 (65%)

Ohio State OVER 10 wins (1-0)

What is up everyone? I hope everyone had a profitable day yesterday! I have few thoughts on todays games:

Memphis/ Mississippi

Memphis returns 8 starters on their offense and 6 on defense. Even with 8 starters returning their offense (DeAngelo Williams) is essentially gone. Their starting quarterback at the end of the year has graduated and their great kicker is also gone. Does anyone know if Martin Hankins is starting today? The Tigers have some talent at WR. Ryan Scott stands out with his 6'4" frame. Memphis OL lost 3 starters but returns tons of experience. Each one of these guy has started at least 1 game in their careers. Defensively the Tigers will have many new but experienced faces. They have a good secondary that should shut down Ole Miss,

Ole Miss

They return 5 starters on both sides of the ball this year. Coming off a 3 win season, somehow someway Ole Miss got a Top 20 recruiting class. Offensively the Rebels lose 6 starters from the third worse scoring offense in the nation. Brent Schaeffer should help this offense mature. He has had a rough career but from what i have heard should do well this year. RB BenJarvis Green-Ellis, a transfer from Indiana, should help this offense who finished 116 in rushing last year. At the WR there is a lot of work to be done with no proven players. The offensive line is depleted...The DL is the same way losing all 4 starters. Patrick Willis (all American in my book) returns at LB. He had surgery in the Fall and I am not sure how he is doing now? 3 players return in the secondary for a team that shut down the pass last season. There are many questions on this team....

Right now I am leaning on Ole Miss and the UNDER

will be back with more later...thoughts?

GL bro...I would have a small lean to Ole Miss...but not strong enough to play..if I see a 7.5 out there for Baylor, I'm going to hit it...otherwise nothing for me today...

JumpOnBoard said:
GL bro...I would have a small lean to Ole Miss...but not strong enough to play..if I see a 7.5 out there for Baylor, I'm going to hit it...otherwise nothing for me today...

bro...the price on baylor is cheap...if you wanna be that stingy, you can currently get +7 -113 and +7.5 -126 (pinny)

Final Card (as of now)

Ole Miss - 3 ( hook) reasons stated above

Baylor + 7.5 (hook) I think their wide open offense will cause TCU some problems. Rare Sunday game at home on national TV! Crowd should be ready to roll

Louisville -22.5 I think this game will get real ugly real quick. All over I see all of this Kentucky talk but I do not think it is justified. I think Brohm and Bush will both have field days against this weak defense.

LVille/ Kentucky OVER 59.5

I love that Over even with the new rules. This game is usually relatively close but has a ton of points scored in it. Kentucky has to be better than last years injured squad but I cant see them hanging with Louisville.
BOL!

You really think Louisville can score enough?

I don't have Steele's college preview in front of me but could someone tell me how many points Louisville has scored in the 1st game of the season the past three years?

2-1-1 on the day....

thanks all
Peace_5.gif

3-0 on the day! Picked up the under on the second half of TCU/Baylor, also hit TCU and Brohm over on completions (even thought acording to cbssportsline's stats I should have lost...?) Anyhow, up almost 12 dollars today, which over doubles my total. Lol again not much money but as a college student, that will buy dinner for a few nights! Hope everyone else hit their picks as well!

Back