Sunday's picks

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
Under 184 points - 7 units stake

If you remember last season and the Early Sunday’s Unders, you will see it had great success and 100% success in the first half of the season.
Players just don't have the needed energy to play in such early game and that shows with their lack of movement and tempo of the game. I’m not sure if it is the real reason or we just need to justify our picks, but as long as it will work again this season, I won’t complain.
This is not any bet based on the teams, just based on previous year’s success, so I won’t go in to the teams, just I will say that the total set for this game is set more based on the Bobcats totals so far than the ones that Toronto made, but without Ford, it is still slightly less run and gun team and with O’Neal and Bosh under the rims, Raptors are good in half court offense just as they are good in the transition offense.
Not full stakes bet as I did last season, since we are just checking if the system works this year, but in the next 5 games I will take it with 7 units stakes, hoping to be 4 – 1 during that period.

Last edited:
Detroit -1 (or ML) - 10 units stake

My main bet of the day or maybe of the week is without doubt, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> against the Celtics.
Iverson will play his first game in Auburn Hills, after losing his first game for <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> (first loss of <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> this season) in <st1:State><st1:place>New Jersey</st1:place></st1:State> against the Nets. I believe that he will try to do anything not to lose two games in a row with his new team and his first game in front of his new home crowd and I’m sure the rest of the team will try to help him as well. More than that, <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> wouldn’t want to lose second game in a row and second game overall, because with a long season ahead of them, we all seen how home advantage can equal championship at the end.
This will also be the first meeting between the two teams, since Pistons eliminations last year by the Celtics. I’m sure that Pistons, besides wanting to win one of their main contenders for the first place in the regular season and to represent the East in the NBA Finals, wants to revenge <st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City> and to try and establish some kind of dominance over the Celtics.
Celtics on the other hand, are in very mediocre form. Lost to Pacers, played well (not great) in win over the Rockets. Trailed both Thunders and the Bucks and won without impressing so you really can’t say that Pistons get Celtics in a great form.
Another problem is Iverson of course. Many expected Billups to own Rondo, but in fact, he was one of the weakest links in <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> and in the games he delivered, Pistons have won. Unlike Cleveland or the Lakers, where Celtics last year, had Pierce and Posey to guard, this time they will need to guard a very small, but fast and athletic star player and I’m not sure that Allen or Rondo are up for the task and I’m sure that House isn’t.
In the end, crowd will be hyped by the rivals and by Answer’s first appearance, Detroit should jump on every ball and simply want more and with two more or less equal teams playing, it’s all about motivation and if in this game, Celtics will want to win more than the Pistons, Detroit should really become an WNBA team city only (they did deliver).
Last point here is Amir Johnson. I feel that he is the best answer to energies that Perkins brings. Much better than McDyess, much better than Gasol. He is young, hungry and athletic as well, no reason he will allow Perkins’s energies to control this match up.
<st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> – maximum units bet.

Best of luck everybody!!!http://www.betshoot.com/betting-preview-30578-Detroit-Pistons-Boston-Celtics

Under is good, now for the main bet. Really hope it will go as smooth as this one...

Thanks divol for your plays I am always tailing :cheers:

What do you think of Houston/Lakers Over 192?

I think it should cover easily.

Should be ok I think. Houston has no problems running with a team that likes to run...

Playing Detroit with you. Boston has the Toronto game on their back as revenge from last year. Just not seeing them as being willing to spend the energy needed to win this one. Also playing Detroit first half based on that reasoning. gl

Denver -8.5 - 5 units stake

I give great respect to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Memphis</st1:place></st1:City> team. No matter what they do tonight, they really surprised me with their performance and that is despite the fact that unlike many Americans (I guess), I, like most of the European basketball fans knew what a mean machine Mark Gasol can be. Still, lead in Houston deep in the fourth quarter, lead by 8 in HT against the Bulls, won by a buzzer shot over the powerful Magic, won twice over the GSW and even against the Kings were good, simply fell short. That is just insane. With three rookies starters, with Yag as the veteran and the star player, they are playing well and taking line after line or coming really close to doing so.
Still, it just can’t continue like that. When a team over performs it can be only one of two things – they should go back to their regular size or they got underestimated and that is their real ability. I’m sorry, but with all the respect to <st1:City><st1:place>Memphis</st1:place></st1:City>, they are too young and lack one more solid player to become a playoff contender in my opinion. Tonight they will play in one of the hardest places to play in and with the new signings, Billups, the crowd should be there, cheering, just as they did against <st1:City><st1:place>Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> and what a great game that was.
Billups admitted after the game that it wasn’t easy for him to play with the <st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City>’s thin air and I remember Carmelo when he first got to the Nuggets, saying he would get headaches during the games. Billups had a game to adjust and now he should be even better, but I have to be honest, if the game against <st1:City><st1:place>Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> was indicator, I never thought the Billups – Iverson trade was such a great move as it could turn out to be. <st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City> got many scorers and with Billups organizing the game and controlling the pace, putting pressure on the opponent’s PG, you suddenly got everybody around him playing so much better. They finally, for the first time since Carmelo is on the team, playing as you know, a team. Even with Miller, great pure PG, I don’t remember such performance as a unit. It’s only been one game, but I was really impressed.
Anyway, <st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City> comes on a high note and <st1:City><st1:place>Memphis</st1:place></st1:City>’s slide down the hill should start any time soon I believe.
<st1:City><st1:place>Denver</st1:place></st1:City> -8 isn’t the greatest bet ever, but still got value and should be money in the end of the game.

It covered in the last minute of play at LA... No thanks to Houston and the big over hyped Yao...

Thanks for the plays again divol

Lost a huge bet on the Pistons, placed too much money on the bet live and failed. Still sure it was the right bet. The spot was there, the situation was good, Pistons just couldn't get it going on the offense and Celtics through the defense managed to get the offense going in the second quarter and that was it for the Pistons.

sorry guys for the bad 10 units stake bet. Feel sick losing all that money, but just as sick thinking that others followed me and lost money as well. Will try my best to get it back for myself and for your wallets as well.

Don't worry about us tailing you divol. I've made waaaaay more money tailing you than what I've lost on the Pistons. It happens. Now the good news is it's another day of NBA!

My early lean goes on the Thunder/Pacers Over 193.5?

I know a good tipster that reccomends it as well. I'm not touching it. If you have Over 100 points Pacers, take it. Thunders go too often on a dry stretch for me to take the Over here. Maybe live and if the odds will be around 3.00.
I have too leans - Pacers with the line (should win easily here) and Suns with the line (this one harder, no doubt). Over on Orlando should be intersting as well, but haven't seen even what the Total set there to be honest

Back