Sunday selections

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Record still not updated, sorry about that. I have done it partially so I could finish it tonight, a lot of stuff to update :D. I'll post it again starting from tomorrow.

Liking several for today:

Yankees (Pettitte) (-1) (1.84) 7 units

The Yanks own the Tribe this year. They're 5-0, outscoring them 44-14 in those encounters. Jake Westbrook isn't a mystery to the Yanks. Westbrook is 2-3 with a 5.31 ERA in nine career outings, including six starts, against the Yankees. He was pounded for eight runs in just 1 2-3 innings in a 10-3 loss at Yankee Stadium on April 17.
If I'm not mistaking Westbrook was pitching last year when the Indians scored more than 20 runs on the Yanks.
Retaliation has already taken place, this is way more important though. With a win tonight the Yankees would surpass the Indians in what could be a possible WC encounter.
The pitching duel is a joke, even though Pettitte wasn't as sharp as the Yankees expected him to be this year, he still is 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA in his last five starts at Jacobs Field, and is more of a go-to guy than anyone right now.
I've seen Jake Westbrook in action several times this year and all I can say is, I have no idea how he'll contain this lineup tonight. The Yankees are only 5 games behind Boston and are on a serious roll right now, while the Tribe are in a lousy period, their offense is nothing close to what it has been a month or two ago.

*The Yankees have scored at least six runs for the 10th time in 12 games.

*The Indians have scored two or fewer in five of their last eight. The only reason Cleveland are still division leaders is the fact Detroit are in a similar stint.

*The Yankees are 21-8 in last 29 matches against Cleveland.

*Posada (NYY) and Hafner (CLE) are questionable for the game. Hafner will probably just pinch hit.
Counting on the offense to put up monster numbers against Westbrook.

I'm not at all a follower of the anti-sweep theories, I'm taking the hot team on a mission against a rather anemic bunch.

Adding more plays shortly.

Another a bit chalky play but hey what can you do, that's what I like for today:

Angels (Weaver) -1,5 (2.23) 5 units

The Twins molested John Lackey last night, tagged for (if I'm not mistaking) 11 hits, but they still lost in the end as the Angels rallied back to win an otherwise quite a poor game (offensively wise) from their part.
Well I think Bonser won't be as successful as Silva was yesterday.

*Weaver is 1-0 with a 1.93 ERA in two career starts versus the Twins

*Bonser is 0-1 with a 5.54 ERA in two career starts versus the Angels.

*Bonser is 0-6 in his last 10 starts (5.14 ERA)

*The Twins have provided Bonser with only 2.2 RPG in that span
but has gotten an average of just 2.2 runs of support during that stretch.

*Bonser has struggled on the road recently, going 0-5 with a 6.75 ERA and .355 opponent batting average in his last six starts. The Twins went 9-4 in Bonser's first 13 starts, but have lost eight of his last 10 outings.

*Minnesota has dropped three straight games and five of its last six -- scoring a total of five runs in those losses. The Twins are trying to avoid falling below .500 for the first time since they were 30-31 on June 10.

Good luck guys. :cheers: :shake:

Yankees? I think I've heard of the team. Bet on them you say------. OK. Lets root for the window. GL

Adding:

Kansas City Royals 12-August-2007 4:10 PM PST
Spread -1 for Game 2.470
A. Burnett must start B. Bannister must start

5 units

Good luck. :cheers:

Come on Angels finish this one off.

Back