Sunday selections

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Phoenix -8,5 (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Wow, the Hawks beat the Suns in Phoenix 120-111 on Feb 9th and now they're playing at home and should have at least a chance of covering, right? Wrong.
Any situational capper knows that this one has Phoenix written all over it. And yet, on the other side, most punters are staying away, probably (rightfully) intimidated by a huge road chalk. I had this one at 10.5 yesterday, and would've taken it then as well.
Remember how Minnesota thumped depleted Suns team a few weeks ago?
They got it back now, Phoenix won 116-105 in Minneapolis and are looking to avenge the loss to the Hawks who are still playing rather well after the all star break, as they hung late with the Spurs and beat the Rockets, two contending teams.

Now they're meeting the third. I don't think the Hawks can keep shifting and adjusting their game much longer, performing well against two defensive powerhouse teams, by doing very well on the boards (the Hawks are a rather athletic team), and Joe Johnson has just been on fire, scoring 30 and 31 in consecutive games.
He can pour in another 30 tonight, I don't think his teammates can add enough to warrant a cover here.

Plenty of "revenge" spots here, obviously the hungry Suns team getting back the win they dropped in Phoenix 2 weeks ago, guys wanting to show Joe Johnson what they're about, Marion (who is surging again with the return of Steve Nash, as the rock is fast flowing again, and the Suns are playing their killer tempo game, naturally Marion has a lot better game now) was embarrassed by Childress and Pachulia, a lot of Suns players had a bad game back then (without Nash it all came down to individual plays rather than trademark Suns game), while Josh Smith had a stroll in the park, Hawks controlled the tempo and scored at will, Suns' halfcourt D should be very tough to overcome tonight though, looking for a convincing Suns win and Atlanta not to reach the century mark.

Will add more later on.

:cheers:

Small note: These picks were brought to you by the power of the sword of castle Greyskull

Now this was lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers::smiley_acbe: :cheers: :wacka wacka: :drink: :drinking:

just updated my record, here it is:
----------------------------
45 W-1 V-38 L +20.24 units
----------------------------

Back