Sunday NBA Plays

raems

Pretty much a regular
121-101, +46.09 units ytd.

Memphis/OKC Under 186.5 to win 2.

Memphis wants to do 1 thing in particular here against OKC: muck it up. Slow the game down and dare Brooks to beat them schematically, which he can't. As a result, it becomes Durant hero ball going up against a strong, physical defense that will design itself to stop KD from getting comfortable touches in the cozy spots he enjoys. Without Westbrook, OKC also has one player on the floor who is above average at drawing free throws, so that helps the cause as well.

Other end, Memphis will deliberately make OKC execute defensively. The Thunder had a TON of trouble with some very basic communication against Houston, and that's a team that does nothing but run perimeter pick and roll. Memphis's offense isn't exactly rocket science either, but they involve a LOT different stuff than Houston because of the different personnel. They're going to make OKC defend very late into the shot clock, beating them with the 3rd or even 4th action at times and with good interior passing.

Essentially, I think Memphis wants to get into a messy war with OKC, they're fully confident that they can win this way.

Knicks/Pacers Over 183 to win 2

You're getting a team that just won 81-73 facing a team that hit 6 straight regulation unders in the first round. I think there was a lot of mental pressure on Melo, Woodson, and the Knicks franchise as a whole to get out of the first round. Now that it's over, they will look to run their offense with a bit more flow and a bit more pace. I'm well aware that Indiana is a good team and the best defense in the East, I just simply think there will be enough possessions, and that there will be enough free throws, to go over this number.

GL gents.

"Now that it's over, they will look to run their offense with a bit more flow and a bit more pace." - much easier said than done against a Pacers team that players better D than Boston, and will do a better job of keeping NY out of what they want to do. Not to mention you asking them to break the bad offensive habits they have learned over the past 4 games.

You mentioned hero ball will Durant. I think it applies to Melo as well.

Good luck with your plays today Raems.

Back