Sunday NBA Discussion

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Sunday, March 22nd</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/22
12:30p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
702</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> HOUSTON
SAN ANTONIO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>177
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>177
3½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>177
3 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/22
10:00a</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
704</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> MIAMI
DETROIT</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/22
12:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>705
706</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> OKLAHOMA CITY
MINNESOTA</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1
199 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1
199 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/22
12:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>707
708</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> LA CLIPPERS
TORONTO</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>208
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>209
4 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>209
4 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/22
3:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>709
710</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> CLEVELAND
NEW JERSEY</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>7
189½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>6½
190 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>6½
190 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/22
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>711
712</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> GOLDEN STATE
NEW ORLEANS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>215
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>215
8½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>215
8½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/22
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>713
714</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> PHILADELPHIA
SACRAMENTO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>4
208 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>4½
208</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
I lean over in Sac. 208 seems a little short. I like the way Beno Udrih has been running the offense since he's returned. The 89 pts in Charlotte shouldn't count as Kevin Martin and Nocioni didn't play. Also both teams rested as they both had today off.

this is the latest update i could find on harris. I'm assuming he's not going to play

Sat, Mar 21
G Devin Harris missed his third straight game with a sprained left shoulder and strained deltoid muscle Friday. It was also the ninth game of the season overall Harris sat because of an assortment of injuries (ribs, ankle, hamstring, shoulder). He is receiving daily treatment, is out of his sling but has no timetable for a return. "I'm feeling better. I haven't done any basketball activities. I have a little better range of motion. I don't know when I'm coming back," Harris said. "He's not going back to see a doctor right now. He's getting treatment. He's got a little better range of motion," said coach Lawrence Frank
(Yahoo! Sports)​

SA, Cleveland, GS, Minn 1st H and maybe full game look good. I think Jersey losing Harris will catch up to them after that nice win off of Miami. It'll be tough to do the same against Cleveland.

SA lost a close game that they dominated throughout until the end against Boston. You bet they will look forward to taking the Rockets. I know SA owned them last time they met and do think Rockets will tend to seek revenge. However, I do think SA will take this one.

There's something weird about NO right now. They don't seem to have the fire they had last year at this point. Maybe most of it revolves around Peja having good games? Dunno. But they just suck. They've been off very lucky and close wins lately, beating Minny by 1 and a late surge to beat Memphis (not really that close, but I'm acknowledging the fact that Memphis was able to keep it close more than 3/4 of the game.)

I can't see that Houston game even approaching 177. 1H under might be better. Will probably be like 42-40 at halftime.

that u177 in the HOU/SA matchup is a billivy play, if i can recall... The trend in stronger in Houston though i believe..

I think the Spurs game tomorrow could be high scoring but why would take some time. Mostly just like the Spurs on the bounce back on their best home day against a team that is 2-18 last 20 at the site. Clippers first quarter is a bet for me. Toronto has lost the first quarter in their last 4 home games and the Clippers have scored 27 twice on the road in their last 2 road games in the first quarter. Nets very possible play for me. If you win not covering its likely to continue. No pain, no gain.

I think the Spurs game tomorrow could be high scoring but why would take some time. Mostly just like the Spurs on the bounce back on their best home day against a team that is 2-18 last 20 at the site.

I think the Spurs have some systemic problems right now though. They're just not playing good ball IMO. Even that Houston win, I watched that game and I thought it was more incompetence by Houston at the end than a really great performance by SAS. Duncan is not 100%, it's patently obvious by his numbers. They don't have the #2 seed locked up by any means so they can't rest him but he probably shouldn't be playing right now. Spurs look old, uninspired, and unathletic. They better get a fire under their asses before the playoffs start or they're in trouble. They haven't played a really impressive game vs. a winning team in quite some time. I'm a little suspicious of relying on them for a solid win vs. any top team at this point. Although I have to say 3.5 is extremely fair if you do want SAS.

Houston is 5-0 to Under their last 5 roadies, 6-1 to Under their last 7 roadies vs Western teams

San Antonio is 6-1 to Under in reg. off a SU loss since Ginobli went down

Oklahoma has lost their last 2 games ATS: since they got their new coach, they have only once lost 3 straight games ATS.

Minnesota is 5-3 ATS their last 8 games, after going 1-7 ATS their previous 8 games.

Philly's last 18 games have been covered by the following side (last to latest) -
Fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog-fav-dog ...vs SAC ??

Sacramento is 1-5 ATS off their last 6 SU wins, and hasn't won consecutive games SU since Nov 7-9.

Miami has gone 6 games w/out suffering a 9+ pt loss. Their longest previous completed streaks this season w/out such a loss have been 6 games (4 times) & 3 games (3 times).

Detroit has only won 3 of it's last 24 home games by 9+ pts.

Leaning heavily on the Sixers here since my team won only once against an Eastern opponent and it was in there last game. One thing i like about Sac is that they're the frontrunners for the #1 overall pick next year so hopefully they realize this and start piling the losses since Was is right behind us. Looking at BC's stats just makes me love this game even more. Will have to wait on the refs and the only thing that's keeping me from betting this is Sunday is a DOG day.

Fade Pistons on sunday still working?
Really like Heat in this game if Rip,Stuckey and Sheed are out which is most likely the case. I dont see them losing in 4 a row with D-Wade on national TV. The Heat have yet to lose 4 in a row this season.
This a big game for them with Philly on their heels and with a Pistons win the 7th seed is coming soo close. That would be a disaster.
Gonna be for sure on Heat. Waiting on line.

Stuckey is listed as probable. McDyess seems to play fine in the Sunday games and if they lose today you are asking Detroit playing Young players to go back under 500. Not a game I want to bet.
The Spurs total I am not betting? There are a lot of patterns in play here not the least of being that when Pop is involved seeing and believing do not go hand in hand. This is the Spurs off a 77 point home loss and not expecting a high scoring bounce back is curious. This is the Spurs as a 4 or less favorite and they have high scoring games in that margin as does Houston in the dog role. This is the Spurs playing on Sunday at home. Last 10 they scored 98 once and the 9 other times they were over 100. They went 9-1 su and 8-2 ats. 2 of the referees are over directed and Finley who has been cold recently hit 5 of 7 three's last time against this team. Once again with Pops less is more. He is hard to figure but here looking at Western standings he has to be going hard for the win today. I am concerned regarding the total that Houston just based on fatigue melts down today but remember for years Tracy has been a brick machine against the Spurs and he is not shooting today.

Took Minn under 199. Bad referee situation but OKC is essentially a conservative team these days and Minn a very tired team about to play at Atlanta the next day. Regarding Clipps ml would feel much better about a first half bet. Clippers in the second half of games just get lost. Randolph can score but is a terrible defensive liability. Would favor Clipps first half and then a Toronto ambush. Just doing a first quarter bet GL

Let's make this an in-game.

8 early turnovers by the Kings and the sixers are shooting lights out. philly up 29-13 with 2:53 left 1Q.

Inguodala killing the kings. 17 pts thus far in the 1Q. Need kings to help score to get this over. 31-13 1:23 left.

End of 1Q, Philly dominating 35-17.

Jason Thompson, pretty good rookie for Sac has 4 pts and 8 rebs.

He looks like he is. But i've been in a sac strip club called Centerfolds where they say he's been there. Maybe it's a front for KM. Artest was a big client there btw.

You know your fucked when Reggie Evans scores. 54-30 Philly.

Hawes with a 3. 54-33. Pace picking up.

Am I crazy for thinking the Kings come back? I was at arco arena a few weeks back when they beat the Nuggets at home. They can play, but off to a shitty start today.

I got the over 205 for this game as well,

just saw a line posted for portland over philly tomorrow of 8, any thoughts??

What a way to kill time at work watching a garbage game. At least it's on pace for the over. Philly up 65-39 with 1:12 left. The blowout won't help the over.

Back