Sunday NBA Discussion

rookie333

Blame it on the boogie
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Sunday, March 29th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/29
10:00a
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>DALLAS
CLEVELAND
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>191½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/29
12:30p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>LA LAKERS
ATLANTA
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>4
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/29
12:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>705
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>CHICAGO
TORONTO
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>209

12:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>707
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>NEW JERSEY
MINNESOTA
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>3
199½

3:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>709
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>PHILADELPHIA
DETROIT

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>711
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>WASHINGTON
INDIANA

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>713
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>OKLAHOMA CITY
BOSTON

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>190½
11½

5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>715
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>SAN ANTONIO
NEW ORLEANS

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>178½

6:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>717
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>PHOENIX
SACRAMENTO

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>6

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing stands out to me off the bat , which is its time for put or shut up time down in the A-T-L ! These teams cant be serious or relied on if gets SAS , Bost , and LAL and loses to all 3 on its home floor andnot in the most competitive fashion.

Leaning on CHI to payback that 20 pt beatdown Tor served to them not so long ago in CHItown. With the over of interest naturally.....

Wolves game real interesting as NJN plays host to MILW the next day . For Minny they had a 3 game road trip then a home game , then back out for a 3game road trip and now hoem againon just 1 days rest .Must win for NJN and hard for me to expect Wolves to win but just as much to lay points with NJN on the road....over??

Suns in a 4 in 5 spot and off OT but they need a win and SAC has looked terrible lately. Kings have been disgusting in 1st H past few and much better after the half which really plays into the rest situation . About as bad a s 2 teams could be defensively as well....

NOH looks lost but still skeptical about SAS being favored in NO..

OKC looking like garbage lately and Boston has Char on deck ...mild interest in Bos 1st H and OKC 2nd H ...

Both teams come in banged up @ CLE but the fact that DAL is off a tough loss that stirred the pot and CLE blasted them in DAL early onmakes me think Mavs + the point s.....which means possibly the over since CLE is good for 98+ at home ....

Nothing jumps here to be honest ..:cheers:

I like Phoenix at that line. By the time that game is played, Dallas should have already lost as they're playing in Clev where they are phenomenal. If you wait to jump on it, the line should go up. A win by Pho and a loss by Dallas will cut the lead to 2.5 games with 8 games left for Phoenix. It will still be hard but not impossible.

I actually got a line of -5. :tiphat:

grabbed some SAS at pk.... the line is already at -1 (-107) at pinny, so i think we will see 1.5 or 2 tomorrow.

i really think the chandler injury was one of the most un-timely things that could happen to nawleans. after an awful first half of the season, they were finally winning some games and had some momentum and then chandler got injured. what a kick in the nuts

this is a team that already lacks a lot of depth in the frontcourt, and without chandler, whos going to play physical and put a body against some of these physical west teams? whos going to work the pick'n'roll with CP3? i think a lot of people overlook the chemistry between him and tyson.
hilton armstrong bodying up duncan? i dont think so. duncan is well rested as he only played 13 minutes against the clipshow and SAS should have a field day on the glass.
whether its hilton on him, or julian wright, its not going to make a difference.

if oberto were available, i would go big on the spurs, as that would be a bloodbath underneath, and the depth for SAS would be too much. but hes not. even with that, i think the inside presence for SAS will be too much.

7 of Chicago's last 10 road wins have been won by 9+ pts

Chicago is 5-0 ATS it's last 5 B2B games, and is 7-1 ATS off it's last 8 ATS losses.

Toronto hasn't covered 4 straight games ATS this season, nor won 4 home games SU and/or ATS in a row.

Toronto is 0-8 ATS their last 8 games vs teams holding playoff spots.

The Fav is 20-4 ATS in Toronto's last 24 games.

A win by Pho and a loss by Dallas will cut the lead to 2.5 games with 8 games left for Phoenix. It will still be hard but not impossible.

PHX is 1-7 SU their last 8 road games. 5 of their remaining 9 games are on the road. They are dead.

But they'll keep fighting until Dallas beans them in Dallas on April 5th. So you should be ok vs Sactoe.

Nawlins is 8-0 to Under their last 8 games at home, and 9-0 to Under their last 9 games vs playoff spot holding teams.

The Spurs are 7-2 to Over their last 9 road games vs playoff spot holding teams.

Just some off the top thoughts I posted in SF's thread...

Wow. Very bold taking such a short line against LA with a struggling Atlanta team IMO. I'm of the belief that LA is honestly toying with the NBA right now and can pretty much win these games by whatever margin they feel like winning them by. One game back of Cleveland with 10 games left, I think I disagree that they can afford not to go full-throttle in this spot. Would you be confident with a tie-game going to the 4Q? I wouldn't. Just seems like LA just coasts and then can throw in a 31-19 quarter any time they want to and blow the doors off their opponent. I can't agree that there's value at this number. Atlanta getting crushed in the 4Q by an exhausted and Duncan-less Spurs team was a real telling game IMO. Followed it up with a routine loss to Boston where they never even really had a chance to win. Who knows, I see the line has inched down a hook with the money obviously all over LA, so maybe you're right and this is a sharp play. But man this one takes some stones.

No value either way in Cleveland game IMO. Cleveland is due for a flat game though, and Dallas needs a good performance, so just a hunch but I think Dallas competes. I just hate their interior defense tho, they just have no one to stop LeBron down low. Look what happened when Melo took it to the hole with 12 seconds left the other night. No foul, nothing even close to a blocked shot, they just let him go right down and get a layup and win the damn game. Pathetic...

Can't believe Bulls are dogs. Guess Toronto's decent play at home is actually getting them some respect. Bulls are all but assured of a playoff spot anyway tho so who knows...

Fuck that stupid Minny/NJ game. Ditto for Boston/OKC.

NOH/SAS is more important psychologically for NOH I think than it is for SAS. SAS is fighting for the 2 spot yeah but NOH has really looked shitty and they desperately need a good big win to get them some swagger back.

Who knows about Phoenix and Sac. Phoenix is finished but I don't think they think they believe they are yet. Man that Utah loss had to be beyond heartbreaking tho. 50-point revenge is rare for sure and should definitely pump up this shitty Queens team. Interesting game with the various motivations and mental states of each team. If Phoenix loses this game, they'll probably start pointing fingers at each other, implode even more, and be fade material the rest of the way.

Fuck, I hate to see a lot of you guys on the Queens including Rod Steel. He's one of the best. That doesn't bid well for my Suns bet. I know what you mean about the Suns being tired and demoralized about the ending yesterday but if Memphis can go into Arco Arena and lay the smack down on the Queens, the Suns can right? Oh well, this is the NBA and anything can happen. Really don't know why I bet on this crap, LOL.

Parlayed Boston and Nets ml. Not obvious to me that OKC or Minn both stuck on 20 wins want to lose ground in the ping pong race.

OKC plus 6 first half. Religious isssue. Boston never covers against anyone including Memphis and the Clippers in the first half. Clippers and memphis recently both down by 3 so my religion says to bet against them as long as i can get more than 3. Remember its Sunday so we should be religious.

Since the New Year, Detroit is 0-6 SU in 2nd game of back to back......road team is 11-5 in this series.

Philly +2 for me.

Dont forget we're without James Posey tonight. (He does have an injured elbow, it was swollen after the game Friday vs the Knicks)

Butler and Julian should be more involved. I guess Devin Brown will be back in the rotation off the bench...

Would honestly think being without Posey not such a bad thing. Have teased Washington to 14 and Atlanta to 8.5. Teasing implies that I think these teams reasonable straight bets which I am considering. More likely to play Washington as Pacer do not win by these margins except with Boston.

Under 46.5 in the fourth.
39 points scored. Sorry it took so long to post but the problem is 5 dimes. Made this bet at the Greek almost as soon as the half ended. Took a living age for 5 dimes to put it up and I bet before I post

Last edited:
Do you have any news on duncan ...i see him probable...but he played littel time last game...will he play full game?

With chandler out....i want to take duncan over 9.5 rebounds...he should clean the boards in this game

Mavs will fade in 2nd half. They cant get stops when needed and their offense is not good enough to beat cavs D. Dirk cant get it going and when he is off Mavs usually get blown out. Its just the Cavs arent hitting their shots. LBJ, Z and Mo Willliams combine for just 10/37 FG and yet they are down by just 2 at the half?
LBJ will take over in 3rd and the defence will tighten up.

I played the Cavs-6.5 2nd half for 2 units.

Cavs 37-11 in 2nd half....

This is getting pathetic. Mavs are done. They are shooting something like 6/20 FG in 2nd half which is no surprise when they are all jumpshots. They are scared to attack the rim. I dont know why they'll even be in the play-offs. A sweep written all over it against the Lakers.

Cubans's face was very grim. He's a proud man. Change is coming and the team knows it. Last straw was Kidd missing Denver so he could play THIS GAME.

i'm very interested in the Nets, also, but i'm worried about laying points on the road (obviously)

...are they still one of the most opposite teams in the league? good on the road & bad at home..

played 1st half over wiz/pacers 103. last few games wiz games seem to be around 110 for the 1st half , then they cant score in the 2nd.. saw that butler is in which is huge for the wiz, not only can he score he can pass well. on the other side , unless they are cold pacers should have 60-65 in the half... last 10 wiz are 8-2 to the over 103 1st half..

well that was a nice win for the wiz 1st half,, make it 11-2 over in the first half

Back