Sunday MLB-- Darkest side of man

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
wk of 7/28, 7-5, (+1395)

wk of 8/4, 8-2, (+9400)

wk of 8/11, 10-2, (+15461)

wk of 8/18, 3-3, (-906)

Total last couple weeks; 28-12, (+25,350)

Going with the dark reference, been working. Sorry if it annoys anyone.:D

1-0 yesterday, hitting a rare total play for me.. (also fricken nailed a very nice situational play in NFLX)

One play locked in:

Yankees -128, 4 units WIN

Add:

Cleveland , 3 units.. (2 units at +120, 1 unit at +142) WIN

Florida -107, 2 units. WIN

This line kept down a bit due to Cabrera's 2008 success against the Yanks. 3-0 with a 3.15 ERA.

This is an intersting situation, because even though Cabrera has had some W/L success, many of the Yanks hitters own him in their career and to a lesser extent in 2008:

vs Cabrera (career)

*ARod .382
Matsui .353
*Abreu .333
*Giambi .313
Pudge .385

* also .350+ vs in 2008

Veteran Yanks hitters seeing the guy 3 times spells trouble for Balty IMO.

Rasner- look at his numbers this year vs Balty. 5 Ers in 19 innings. I like his last couple starts also.. Cabrera coming off a very poor start vs Boston.. Yep, play on.

leans/ others I am looking at:

LAD
Fla

Last edited:
Also looking at Anthony Reyes tonight at the plus number. That line surprised me given Padilla's struggles and the Indians recent roll .

Padilla ERA in 5 career starts vs Clev= 7.09... Shoulder is still aching:3_9_7:.. Took 9 days off before last start..

Cleveland road sweep?.. Likely play.

IN day games Cabrera is 1-4 with a 5.70 era , and Rasner 3-5 with 5.13. Agree with the Yanks, probably play the over as well. BOL today TEE.

Add:

Cleveland +120, 2 units..

Listing Padilla :stretcher:.. No play if Padilla scratches

Morning Tee...any thoughts on the Redbirds ML/RL?....

Cards haven't seen Jo squared yet this year and very few ABs against career.

Having said that, he sucks and Looper is on a role.. Cards going for home series win but at 220 its a no play for me.. Don't play RLs unless I tail Satyr :D , so no comment there.

Careful of Larussa Sunday lineup.. Trying to get that now. Will share if I get it..

:D

GL tonight

we should make it right after losing the RL last time

thinking this is the spot to do it :D

I'm still cappin but if I pull the triggah on Cards RL I'll tell you and you'll have to tail.

It's stronger than you.:popcorn:

FLA 1-7 this year against ARIZ. Since the AS break ARIZ scoring much more than they give up.

Ya, Davis has bounced back from his Bad outing against ATL a couple starts ago. But Nolasco is going to be a lean for me everytime at plus money. He is a double digit strikeout type of guy who walks very few.. At plus money, he gets a hard look from me..

GL today bro..:cheers:

Careful of Larussa Sunday lineup.. Trying to get that now. Will share if I get it..

Here it is and its a little different---- vs LHP.

Izturis
Mather
Pujols
Ludwick
Glaus
Molina
Miles
Looper
Barton

Lefty hitters Ankiel and Schumacher sitting..

neutral for me..

Good points on the Yanks . Just a tidbit not sure how accurate it is just passing it along. On thePostgame yesterday when they were talking about facing Cabrera( Kay and Singleton) mentioned that Cabrera's velocity is noticeably down .....

If they were on Guthrie throwing cheddar seems like a great sign then to me......:cheers:

yanks getting to cabrera now 2-1 ball game 2nd and 3rd no out for pudge

mora and huff are so tough to deal with

Veteran Yanks hitters seeing the guy 3 times spells trouble for Balty IMO.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>Pitchers</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD> H</TD><TD> R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD noWrap>PC-ST</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>D Cabrera</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD noWrap>95-49</TD><TD>5.24</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:money;

Ehh...GL with the Indians tonight. I don't like them much in this spot...but I wish you luck (sort of, cuz I'll be on other side)

:Cheers:

He is a double digit strikeout type of guy who walks very few..

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="37%">Pitchers</TD><TD width="7%">IP</TD><TD width="6%">H</TD><TD width="6%">R</TD><TD width="6%">ER</TD><TD width="6%">BB</TD><TD width="6%">SO</TD><TD width="7%">HR</TD><TD width="12%">PC-ST</TD><TD width="7%">ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>R Nolasco</TD><TD>7.1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>108-76</TD><TD>3.62</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:money;:hammer::hammer:

The game @ Texas .....

I think for various reasons you have to like Texas here . Silly things like its Sunday and home teams rule , texas trying to avoid a sweep and not playing that poorly so far when throwing McCarthy and Harrison now there "Ace" goes .

Cle is 7-12 on Sundays but has lost 12 of the past 17 after starting 2-0...also 15-3 UNDER but one caution is MOST of these are day games which just check there day stats and it becomes clearer....

Cle is 3-7 away in 2008 on Sunday and Cliff Lee has all 3 wins. The UND is 7-2-1 with both overs being 7.5 totals...and Lee actually has 5 starts on SUN beating Richmond (Tor) , Silva , And Blanton 2-1.....

of the 7 CLE wins all are by LHP Lee -4 , CC-1 and Sowers -2 ...

Tex is 5-1 L6 situations after losing game 1 and 2 . They are also 12-5 in Game 3 after a LOSS.

Tex is 6-0 in Padilla's L6 Sunday starts
tex is 6-0 In padilla L6 Game 3 starts
tex is 11-2 when Padilla start at home vs a team witha losing record
Tex is 15-4 when Padilla starts after the opponent has allowed 5+ runs L19
Tex is 19-7 L26 with Padilla on normal rest
Tex is 17-7 when he starts in 08 and 20-8 L28 starts

<LI class=morehot>Under is 47-11-4 in Indians last 62 Sunday games. <LI class=more>Under is 44-17-1 in Indians last 62 during game 3 of a series <LI class=more>Under is 17-6 L23 with Estabrook behind the plate
Coming off nine days of rest due to a shoulder problem, the right-hander had given up just one run through six innings against Detroit on Tuesday, but that quickly changed in the seventh. He allowed a walk, a single and two home runs without recording an out in what ended up a nine-run inning during an 11-3 loss.

Cleveland hasn’t swept three or more games in Arlington since Aug. 10-12, 1973 - during the Rangers’ second season in Texas. The Indians haven’t achieved the feat against the Rangers anywhere since Aug. 12-14, 1980 in Cleveland.

Basically Texas has fallen into a slump which injuries to there stacked offense and there already thin pitching staff . Less offense means its more pressure on the bad pitchers and even when they get offense no guarnatee the pitchers can get out ...when Scott Feldman is your # 2 SP in terms of quality its oh shit ! Padilla was doing well until injuries started messing with him . Millwood has been banged up all year . hey have been throwing guys like Tommy Hunetr , Matt Harrison , Luis mendoza who probably delivered maybe 4 quality starts out of 15 .

The above is very important to me ...Padilla pitched well UNTIL the 7th coming off a nine day layoff and inconsistent amount of work recently IMO.

Cle is CLEARLY playing better ball of late but theu have also caught LAA , KC and now Texas in slumps . Reyes has been solid but he only faced one lineup swing well and that was BALT as his others were @ Tor and vs KC. His last time out he lasted only 5 innings ....

The Tribe rely heavily on perez , betancourt and Lewis to finish games . Perez has thrown both games and 2 inn on Friday , Lewis has I believe bene in 3 of 4 ...with the trio in 2 of 3 ..

Very important I think is that CLE sends just 3 LHB out there vs PAdilla and the sidewinder is tough on RHBs..

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>CG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SHO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ERA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>WHIP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BAA</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>vs. Left</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>67.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>84</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>15</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>38</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>42</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.81</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.304</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>vs. Right</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>76.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>74</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>17</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>55</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.20</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.258</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now prior history for Padilla is not good vs CLE but would imagine Travis Hafner and Victor Martinez 2 LHBs had alot to do with it and made his life tougher facing those 2 plus SIzemore in the first few hitters...

Still this lineup is 291 off him 16-55 but scary is that they are 8XBHs off him.....

Reyes is 17+ inn allowed 19 hits and 6 walks(only 7ks) not a good indication when ur facing Texas...

Basically in the 1st 2 games TEX was -130 with less proven SP and while they didnt win the games were close ..blowing a nice lead yesterday 7-1 after 4 innings ...Now Reyes has been decent but is he any better then Sowers has been recently ? I dont think so certainly more upside but thats a different topic . So Tex improves its SP and CLE at best is equal then the previous 2 but IMO lesser and u have to pay 10-15-20 cents more when your pen is rested more then theirs and your lineup is stacked tighter .....

RANGERS ML

I think the SP will dictate the TOTAL.If they can throw deep into the game and 6 or 7 innings would expect an under to cash thinking it would be about 5-3 at that point hopefully Texas and just a few atbats to go for each....Plus the CLE UND trends and UMP certainly dont hurt ....

Also looking at -1.5 RL and will probably add some but even Texas 1st 5 inn ML.....

Good Luck ....

This very well written post kept me off of CLEV tonight, but very happy for you and your sweep today.....................nice work!!!! :cheers:

Back