Sunday MLB (7/29)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 79-69-2 +25.298 Units
July: 26-22-3 -1.75 Units (Pre All-Star)
Pre All-Star: 70.572 Units
All-Star Game: 0-1 -2 Units

July: 47-49-5 +7.848 Units (Post All-Star)
Post All-Star: 47-49-5 +7.848 Units

Overall: 343-308-14 +76.420 Units
Sides: 195-184 +44.773 Units
Run Lines: 22-52 -34.289 Units
Totals: 136-78-14 +65.936 Units

3-3-1 +2.3 Units yesterday, including a 9th inning moose in MIL/STL game 1 and pushing CHC/CIN game with Harang leaving in the 1st inning. The Cubs hit 3 HRs to give them 7 of the 8 runs and Soriano hit a 2 run shot in the 9th. I guess when you get unlucky and still end up positive you cant complain too much, just feel I got robbed of an under that I was confident in.

Today's Plays:

Baltimore Orioles +164 (Wang v. Cabrera) (1.5 Units) L
New York Yankees @ Baltimore Orioles OVER 9 -107 (1.5 Units) W
Cabrera may be just what the Yankees need to break out of this slump. Wang has been sub par, nothing terrible, but his last 3 games he has a 4.66 ERA. Also his ERA vs the O's is 4.87 in 6 starts (7 games), and a WHIP of 1.43 WHIP and .313 Opp BA. Wang's road numbers are also worse than at home. Wang has a 4.44 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, and .292 Opp BA while at home he has a 3.40 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, and .252 Opp BA. Just check out this individual stats (although limited).

Gibbons 6/18 .333 0 Ks
Hernandez 3/6 .500 1 BB 0 Ks
Huff 6/15 .400 1 BB 0 Ks
Markakis 4/12 .333 1 BB 0 Ks
Millar 7/14 .500 0 BB 5 Ks
Robrets 6/20 .300 1 BB 1 K
Tejada 7/17 0 BB 1 K

Obviously Wang isn't a strike out pitcher and a ground ball pitcher but some of these guys have hit him well. Too bad Mora is injured because he is 8/17 lifetime. The O's are also hitting RHP very well lately, hitting .314 and averaging 6.23 runs in their last 10.

The Yankees have been near silenced in their last 3 games but showed signs of life in the 9th inning. They should be able to carry it over today against Cabrera although he has pitched fairly well against them. Matsui and A-Rod have had great success vs Cabrera, but outside of those two it's not too great. The Yanks have been hitting RHP well in their last 10 games, hitting .361 and averaging 9.91 runs. Even if Cabrera does pitch well tomorrow, he's a guy who will try to rake up some Ks and does walk players too often so I dont except to see him last 7 innings like last game. He tends to go 6 innings and so we will see the O's pen and I would expect the Yanks to be able to get to them atleast.

Yankees have a off day Monday and are now 5 games out of the wildcard and 9 behind boston so there should be a sense of urgency for them to try and put up some runs tomorrow.

Chicago Cubs RL +105 (Zambrano v. Belisle) (1.5 Units) W
Rapuano may keep this close but Belisle has not been pitching well lately and is worse at home or during the day. The Reds pen has got to be tired after yesterday. Rapuano has umped 3 games for Z and he has won each of them but 2/3 were 1 run games. He only allowed 2 ER (3 runs) in those games. Z has a 3.39 ERA liftime vs the Reds and he is one of the hottest pitchers right now and the Cubs are the hottest team in the Bigs over the past month. None of the reds have great success vs Z except Griffey and Dunn. Dunn has 11 hits and 6 HRs averaging .262 and an OBP of .396 vs Z. Griffey hits .429 (9/21) with 2 HRs. Hatteberg has also been able to get on base, but doesn't hit Z very well. Despite that I stated why I like the Cubs, as I dont see Belisle lasting 6 and then the reds pen is depleted and tired.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays +141 (Dice-K v. Kazmir) (1.5 Units) W
Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays UNDER 9 -117 (1.5 Units) W
Just like how these two guys are pitching right now. Kazmir starting to step it up and will hopefully eliminate the pen from being too much of a factor. He has had past success vs the Sox. A lot of late money coming in on the over so that kind of scares me. Just going to take the home dog in this one.

Philadelphia Phillies RL +159 (Kendrick vs Snell) (1.5 Units) W
Snell hasn't been himself lately and I just think the Phils will continue to roll. They always seem to provide Kendrick with a lot of run support.

Milwaukee Brewers @ St. Louis Cardinals UNDER 9 -111 (Gallardo v. Wells) (1.5 Units) L
Wells has started to pitch well the last couple of games and we all know what Gallardo can do. Brewers hitting poorly vs RHP lately.

Kansas City Royals -102 (Nunez v. Loe) (1.5 Units) W
I have been a big supporter of Loe but the Royals are just hot right now and are scoring at will.

short writeups for the last few because I locked in the plays just now, had my eye on them overnight. The others I locked in a and did the research a while ago. Just getting my plays in before gametime.

May add some later, who knows

BOL To Yall Sunday :cheers:

Last edited:
Im not entirely sure about Tampa but think it's worth a shot. Doesnt look like Boston is really taking the day off. No Crawford for the D-Rays.

Edited my above post, all my plays are 1.5 Units and I left that out on a couple of the plays.

Very nice, especially cubbies. That one stuck out.. 2-0 myself and also thinking Detroit. Are we getting greedy?

perhaps, it seems pretty logical though. There aren't many games tomorrow so I may bet it because I am a degenerate. I am also thinking about the over in the game. and nice hit on the cubbies and cards came through late for ya, nice hits for you.

thanks uni

Adding:

Detriot Tigers -132 (Bonderman v. Moseley) (3 Units)

Tempted by the over as well but matchbook wont drop the total to 9.5. I expect Bonderman to bounce back from his last start, he didn't pitch very well @ LAA earlier this year.

probably being greedy, but eh, it's still a winning day

There you go steed.

Back