Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 98-87-1 +23.288 Units

Overall: 189-156-4 +52.414 Units
Sides: 113-90 +30.123 Units
Run Lines: 13-30 -25.065 Units
Totals: 64-36-4 +47.356 Units

*Lines from Pinnacle*
Really more a comment/discussion thing going on here. But posting my Leans as well.

Also I've been using Weather.com but their infomartion on stadium orientation seems to wrong. Does anyone know whats the deal or has a legit source for weather/stadium orientation?

National League:

Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves
Over/Under 9
Hamels v. Davies

I'm looking at this game and is it possible for the Braves to get swept? I don't know about choosing a side in this match although I'd have to go with Hamels but I feel he might be getting a little too much respect than he deserves. He is a very good pitcher but he's still got room to improve and has faltered from time to time. His ability to get Ks is what makes him such a good pitcher, but he also gives up the long ball, 8 in 68 2/3 Innings pitched (10 games), about 1 per 9 innings. He also walks a little too much to be considered a "dominant" pitcher. He's faced the Braves twice this year, with a no decision at home and a W away.

Game 1 Home: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 Ks - threw 110 Pitches
Game 2 Away: 7.1 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 2 HR, 3 BBs, 6 Ks - threw 107 pitches

He got a ND in game 1... remember the Phils were terrible to start the year. Got a Win in game 2... he started out shaky giving up 3 ERs in the 1st but pitched a very good game, giving up another HR in the 8th.

Last year he didnt fair so well againt the Braves only lasting 11.1 in 2 starts, 12 H, 8 ER 3 HR, 3 BBs, but got 18 Ks. He really only had 1 bad start though but that bad start he racked up 12 Ks giving up 7 ERs.

Now DAVIES... this guys was a nightmare earlier this year but has improved significantly in his last 3 starts. He gave up 2 ER but 6 were scored in one of those so obviously not his fault. But there's on team that owns him and it's the Phillies.

4 Games (3 starts): 10 IP, 23 H, 19 ER, 5 HR, 5 BB, 8 Ks, 17.10 ERA, 2.80 WHIP, .442 OPP BA.

Those aren't very good #'s obviously. Davies career #'s daytime are worse than night. Better pitcher @ home though.

*Chipper may return tomorrow but from Rotoworld.com
Manager Bobby Cox said he hoped to have Chipper Jones (thumbs) back at third base for Sunday's game versus the Phillies.
It wasn't a good sign that Jones didn't make an appearance off the bench in Saturday's two-run loss. We're guessing he won't play tomorrow.

I lean to the Phils -110 and the OVER 9 -104 in the Game.

New York Mets @ Florida Marlins Over/Under 9.5
Sosa v. Olsen
*Matchbook has 9.5 but Pinny has 9, hopefully I'll be seeing 9 tomorrow.

Sosa finally got rocked in his last game. Does he bounce back in the situation or get rocked once again? Fortunately enough for him he has seen the Marlins in his career a # of times and he's done fairly well. The one player who has success is Miggy of course. Now people may be jumping all over the Mets at -120 or whatever line you get but there's no Shawn Green and he's been on fire this entire season. Also Chris Gomez is day to day with a leg injury so they are calling up Ben Johnson for Sundays game in case. A good sign is Delgado had a big day today with 3 multi hit days in his last 4 days.

Olsen... he's been terrible this year too AND he's a Lefty. Mets love lefties right? But Olsen has a 3.66 ERA and 1.34 WHIP in 5 Starts and has a 1-0 record but the Mets have hit .266 off of him. Prior to this series the Marlins were hitting very well but only 2 runs in each of the 1st two games. I'd like to say the Olsen can hold it down but he hasn't shown any signs of that this year and then the Marlins bullpen is there to get rocked of course. Olsen doesn't last deep into games so there will be run scoring at some point of the game.

I don't think Sosa will be pitching like he has the 1st 3 games, but no way he repeats his performance. He was pitching against his former team and in most cases, they may know him too well. I just see the Mets atleast scoring 6/7 tomorrow so the Marlins have to do their part and get to Sosa.

Lean: Mets -120 and Over 9 -110

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds O/U 9.5
(Duke v. Saarloos)
*Pinny has 9.5, Matchbook has 10, hoping to see a drop by tomorrow.

I'm not even going to go into much depth here. I don't know where all this offense from the Pirates is coming from but the Reds are by far the worst team in the MLB right now.
Saarloos and Duke on the mound.
Dukes been shaky, Saarloos is garbage, both bullpens don't impress me, especially the Reds.

Lean: Pirates +107 and OVER 9.5 -105

Washington Nationals @ St. Louis Cardinals O/U 9.5
Chico v. Wainwright

This game is gonna be hard to bet for me... nothing intriguing about it.
Basically Wainwright... which one will we see? He's pitched well at home in the last few games but the Nats are one of the hottest teams around right now. Chico a lefty against the Cards but the Cards are hitting much better now. I would have to go with Wainwright but I could never back him up at -173. I just see OVER in all these games so far. OVER 9.5 +102 if I had to choose so.

Colorado Rockies @ San Francisco Ginats OVER/UNDER 8.5
Bucholz v. Lowry

If you want someone not getting noticed... Lowrys your guy. He's been great this year and I don't see it stopping but Colorado has hit him well in the past and have already seen him twice this year.

But BUCHOLZ he's been bad. and even worse against the Giants with an ERA of 15.43/2.57 WHIP/.456 OPP BA.

4 Games (3 Starts) - 14 IP, 31 H, 24 ER, 3 HR, 5 BB, 12 Ks.
2 this year - 8 IP, 20 H, 14 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 10 Ks. Both these games were this month, 2 and 4 starts ago for Bucholz.

The Giants have obviously been hitting him well and need this win to avoid the sweep from the Giants. Early afternoon game so will Barry Bonds be playing? He's not hitting very well this month and is only 1/5 vs Bucholz.

Lean: SF Giants -161/RL +139/OVER 8.5 -103

Chicago Cubs @ Los Angels Dodgers OVER/UNDER 8
Hill v. Wolf

Hill's never faced the Dogers but he's not pitched well in his last 3 starts, while Wolf has been. The Dodgers hit lefties and Rich Hill is the type to give up HRs but hes facing the Dodgers who only have 28 on the year. Tricky game to me really. But I don't think Hill should be +104 and Wolf -112. I'd say the value lies with the Dodgers and no opinion on the total.

Lean: Dodgers -112

Houston Astros @ Arizona Diamondbacks OVER/UNDER 8
Oswalt v. Hernandez

Oswalt has never lost to the D-Backs, but the D-Backs suddenly found some bats.

Oswalt v. D-Backs in 7 Games:
6-0, 50 IP, 45 H, 11 ER, 2 HR, 9 BB, 47 Ks, 1.98 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, .236 Opp BA

Also on the road this year, look at his stats:

4 Games: 2-2, 26 IP, 16 ER, 3 HR, 11 BB, 17 Ks, 5.54 ERA, 1.54 WHIP, .279 ERA

Hernandez has been pretty reliable this year and his bad games were on the road. He's face the Stros once this year and it wasn't pretty, giving up 11 H, 8 ER in 4 IP. But at home hes been much better with a 2.25 ERA/1.36 WHIP/.243 ERA and still hasn't lost at home. Tonight's game still not over but if the score holds then the D-Backs are going for the sweep.

Lean: D-Backs +122, but not strongly and I'd want a better line.

American League:

Los Angeles Angels @ New York Yankees OVER/UNDER 9.5
Lackey v. Mussina

Career #'s for both against opposing teams would = Mussina
Lackey this year v. Mussina this year = Lackey

Getting Lackey at +128? I don't care if this would mean a sweep for the Angels, you don't see that ever. Yanks don't want to be swept and Moose has to step up here, but I don't know if I really trust him enough to bet the total.

Lean: Angels +128, UNDER 9.5 -120

Oakland Athletics @ Baltimore Orioles OVER/UNDER 8.5
Blanton v. Cabrera

Blanton has been a dependable guy this year giving up around 2/3 over 6/7 IP. Great career #'s vs the O's

3 Games (1-0): 18 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 1 HR, 7 BB, 12 Ks, 2.50 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, .271 Opp BA.

WHIP a little high, so is the BA.

Cabrera... the guy has control issues and has given up atleast 1 HR in his last 6 games. Bullpen is garbage... that is always a factor for some teams for them to lose, even if this thing is tied up going into the 6th they lose it because of their bullpen.

Cabrera's #'s vs the A's:

2 Starts (0-2): 6 IP, 10 H, 10 ER, 2 HR, 7 BB, 5 Ks, 15.00 ERA, 2.83 WHIP, .357 Opp BA

But the last time he faced them was in 04. Still...

Lean: OVER 8.5 -114

Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Chicago White Sox OVER/UNDER 8 +109
Kazmir v. Vazquez

The D-Rays luck out and can get a victory now. It's up to the D-Rays bats to get runs and their bullpen not to mess up a lead if they have it when Kazmir leaves. But Kaz has been a little shaky on the road and the White Sox are one of the hottest teams right now.

Lean: Kazmir +116, UNDER 8 +109

Other Leans:
Toronto Blue Jays -115 (Burnett v. Silva)
Boston @ Texas OVER 11 -105 (Tavarez v. Loe)-
Loe 5 ER last 3 games, Tavarez +6 ERA v. Rangers
Detriot -103 (Maroth v. Carmona) -
Maroth finally lost, good #'s v. Indians
Cleveland @ Detriot UNDER 9.5

Sorry for the dropoff in information provided... got tired of it haha but my leans and summaries should tell you where I stand on these games.

BOL to Yall Sunday :cheers:

Last edited:
Adding Dodgers to win 2 units(-125)
Hill is going to get shelled on the road, and Wolf has been a peasent suprise for the dodgers........

Adding Dodgers to win 2 units(-125)
Hill is going to get shelled on the road, and Wolf has been a peasent suprise for the dodgers........

:smiley_acbe: The Cubs can't take a series on the road v. the Dodgers, no way. And their bullpen is their bullpen. Always a shot at losing a game.

April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 98-87-1 +23.288 Units

Overall: 189-156-4 +52.414 Units
Sides: 113-90 +30.123 Units
Run Lines: 13-30 -25.065 Units
Totals: 64-36-4 +47.356 Units

Updated record after yesterday's games, posted above as well. 6-2 +4.96 Units yesterday. 8 of past 9 days have been profittable.

Looks like Dodgers/Angels/Tigers are forum favorites so far.

Nice info, never good at figuring the Cubs, but gonna take another look.

:shake: thanks, just doing what I can. Didn't go too in depth but the one thing that is a concern is what I mentioned with the Dodgers not being a HR hitting team while Hill tends to give up runs mostly on HRs. But Lefties vs Dodgers just sticks out:

5-3 @ home, 4-1 away, 9-4 overall

About 30-40 ABs for most.
Kent - .394
Saenz - .385 - maybe come into a run producing situation.
Martin - .375
Gonzalez - .342 (2/6 liftime, 1 walk, no Ks)
Furcal - .333
Nomar - .294
Either - .267
Pierre -.231, but 3 2 hit games in a row.

Cubs are 3-7 vs. Lefties ***1-6 away***

Some of these guys are hitting Lefties very well. but most haven't even reached 30 ABs, some barely 20.

comparing bullpens, easily dodgers.

#'s on Wolf v. Cubs aren't great but hasn't face them since 04. Individually he has good #'s vs the Cubs batters no one hitting over .267 from Floyd and you don't know when he'll play. Lee and Aramis hitting .231, 1 HR from Aramis in 13 ABs, 0 from Lee in 26

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nice write up renew! Love most all of the leans. Cash your picks bro! GL.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some great info renew. Love the majority of your sides. Remember there probably will be a pitching change in the ChiSox/Drays game with the rain out yesterday.

thanks terp - i just hope its not a losing day with this potentially large card :cheers:

thanks Yanks - BOL with your plays, hope I don't play too many that you are against :cheers:

thanks Peldas - I hope you hit, I will most likely play the Dodgers too. Just remember stats aren't everything. :cheers:

thanks farm - BOL today. :cheers:

thanks Fondy - thanks for the heads up in the Dray/ChiSox game. :cheers:

Kind of waited a while to lock in leans, but there are some plays I won't lock in just because price has moved too much, will post my final plays in a little while.

here's a link if you want Umps/Bullpen Availability/Weather conditions, doesn't tell you direction of wind according to the stadium but I've been using the stadium orientation provided by santa. Thanks for posting that Santa. :shake:

http://covers.usatoday.com/data/mlb/game/mlb_game.html
http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22173

Trying to get in the 12/1 o'clock plays first:

LAA +122 W
price dropped but still a dog, I'll take a shot with the Ace at this price

A's +103 L
one thing I love to bet on pitchers is consistancy, Blantons had that all year and Cabrera/O's bullpen don't have that at all. Over's too much to pay priced at -123

NYM -115 W
NYM/Fla OVER 9 +107 W
The way Sosa has pitched in his first 3 games scares me a little but the Wind is blowing out strongly to left center @ 17 mph and its a nice 81 degrees today. Hickox 3-4 O/U this year but was 19-11 last year. Two games that went under were @ 10 and 10 1/2 this year. Also the Mets ability to hit lefties is too attractive even though Olsen has some pretty good #'s vs the Mets.

Pitt/Cincy OVER 10.5 +111 W
so I thought I'd lay off but Holbrook is the ump. Then I thought about Saarloos. I'd jump on Duke but Holbrook is 9-1 this year for the home team...

LAD -117 (3 Units)
I love this play.

laying off the Philly game but Kulpa is traditionally an under ump and I'm not paying -134 on the Phils with the Braves trying to avoid the sweep.

Last edited:
thanks trout - still working on a few more bets. not quite liking the start I am having in a couple games. maybe i'm just a little angry that I didn't take the Phils/Over and Pirates right about now.

thanks Ale - Hope so. BOL today.

Adding:

Toronto -121 L
SF RL +142

Might make a large play on both SF/Over.
Probably going to add Tor/Bos Over 11, Detriot/UNDER 9.5 but it's 10 on Pinny and plenty of time before gametime so I'm sure Matchbook will change it by then.
Maybe even Arizona if a lot more action come in on Houston. Situationally everything says Houston but I like taking dogs.

Last edited:
thanks Satyr - I really should've followed through with some more of my leans, especially since I felt so strongly about the Phils game yesterday night

Jays :down:

Atleast pushing the over in NY/Fla game hoping for 1 more run.

Adding:

SF -154 (1.5 Units)
Col/SF OVER 8.5 -123
Buchholz has a terrible past against the Giants, we saw Davies already get rocked by the Phils who own him, here's to Buccholz doing the same.

will be adding a play on Det/Under 9.5
still waiting for 10 and deciding whether or not +108 is the best I will see

Large favorites and RLs are biting me in the ass

6-5 +1.78 Units so far, I could take it and be happy but I feel like I should be up so much more since I decided not to play the Phillies/Over and I put so much effort into capping it. im pissed off and want money

Detriot +111 (1.5 Units)
Cleveland @ Detriot UNDER 10.5 -117

people intentionally offering BS on the total when it sat at +100 on Pinny they are offering -110 on the same line. unbelieveable.

Back