Sunday Look Ahead Game

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
This sunday, the San Antonio Spurs play at Phoenix. I'm thinking about putting a max bet on the Spurs. I'm still not a believer of this Shaq trade and I think the Spurs send a message. I'm not sure what the line will be but I'll guess the line will probably be a pk em that will slowly go in favor of the Spurs, maybe -2 by game time.

Just wondering what my CTG brothers think about this play? And what do you guys think the line will be? Also if it's a close game, I think coach Pop will go to the hack-a-shaq.

I'll tell you this much. SA next game after Pho is Den in SA off the B2B. I for 1 will be all over SA after losing to them today. Also the total went over today, so I will also be on SA under in that game. Not too sure what happens here on
Sunday.

I think we will see something like Phoenix -1. I am also looking to unload on San Antonio on Sunday afternoon. Phoenix did a terrible, terrible thing with the Shaq trade.

I'm thinking about solid bet on the Suns. Can't see any team that is more suited to the new Suns than Spurs from all the teams in the West.
Spurs are in tough spot, playing Denver on the B2B and if they had to choose, they would prefer to get their revenge on the Nuggets and that means that Popovich will give a bit more minutes of rest to the stars.
Suns know that the train for playoff will soon leave and a bad streak means they won't be on board.
Come to think of that, not a big stake, but 5 stakes bet on Suns seems like the way to go, but that doesn't change the fact that Suns right now look like crap and shouldn't be in the play off (my heart goes to Nash).

divol, while I disagree with you on the look ahead revenge on Denver greater then the Suns game, I do agree with you that the Nuggets game is big. And I most likely will take the Spurs again. The Suns aren't just any team and the Spurs know this is a big game not just for seeding, but confidence. Who knows, it seems hard to believe, but like Red said in one of his threads, the Suns might not make the playoffs. BTW, nice record on signature divol, I need to keep a closer eye on you.

I think I'll lower my stance of max bet to a medium bet. And if this game loses, I'll do a double up BAR style bet against the Nugs on monday.

This is the Suns biggest game of the season to date given all the doubt by the locals of the Shaq trade. No better way to fight off the dogs than beat the reigning champs on the home floor on national TV.

I'm taking the Suns as the home dawgs in this one.

I'm still gonna go with the Spurs for a medium sized bet. Lately, the Suns haven't had a home field advantage losing 4 out of their last 5 at home. What's more disturbing is the amount of pts they are giving up on the home floor....Utah got 118, Philly got 114, Det got 116, and LAL got 130. There lone win in that stretch was a 85-77 win against Boston.

Despite the pts they've given up recently, I think it's gonna be a grind it out half court game. I'm thinking about taking the under also.

wow,

the suns have beaten Memphis and Portland since Shaq has been transplanted to the desert (I'm just thinking Western teams here). They've lost to LA, NO, Denver and Utah.

They beat 2 bad teams and lost to 4 good teams.

Now if anyone thinks that the Spurs are a bad team go ahead and load up on the Suns.

But if you think Pop is going to let his team lose two western matchups in a row, especially against the weak, sieve-esque defense the suns are putting up you just might be a redneck, or at least a suns homer. (Is there a difference?)

Spurs need a basket to cover? 2 points won't matter, they win this one by double digits.

I would not bet the SUns because they are due.

I would like to hear what Bar is thinking about this one. Maybe he has some time after his Amway meetings lol

im too stoned to know why, lol. im a sucker?

I was gonna say Suns awful ATS record @ home and their struggles on defense, but the Spurs aren't a great ATS road team. These two have recently gone under and I am considering that and that leads to my point about the lack of defense I mentioned. If the Suns do get some defense, and Shaq did have his best game as a Sun so far so maybe he's going to be playing with more confidence, then this game could go under if both teams can disrupt the other teams offense. and im really stoned so shit.... im not even sure if what I typed just made any sense.

yup just read it, didnt make any sense at all... lol. Just saying Shaq could stop Timmy and just be more space in the lane that can prevent Ginobilli and Parker from driving.

But still I feel like the Spurs should win. ha

and ain't nothin wrong with that brewer. :bong:

Just put in a prop bet............over 32.5 pts/reb/assts for Manu Ginobili for a small bet.

Back