Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7 Sun 2023

Everyone talking about how terrible the Oakland A's are. Looks like they're tied with Kansas City right now and they're right behind Colorado Rockies, and the White Sox and a couple others. Get nobody talks how shitty those teams are. Or maybe I only have to read about the A's because of the move, Etc. Nowhere was i. I forget. I'll just wait for @2daBank to see his thoughts on whether the lowly Cardinals are worth being an almost minus 200 favorite today

Everyone talking about how terrible the Oakland A's are. Looks like they're tied with Kansas City right now and they're right behind Colorado Rockies, and the White Sox and a couple others. Get nobody talks how shitty those teams are. Or maybe I only have to read about the A's because of the move, Etc. Nowhere was i. I forget. I'll just wait for @2daBank to see his thoughts on whether the lowly Cardinals are worth being an almost minus 200 favorite today

Do you really need me to answer that at this point? Matz? Lmao. No clue who tigers have pitching for them but long as he can throw a slider ya gotta figure he can get thru 5 innings and hold them to 3-4 runs at most. Matz best start all year been 5.2 innings 2 runs allowed (all the rest been a lot worse), even if he at his best and it a 3-2 or 4-2 game with the pen having to cover 4+ innings tigers will once again have a good chance to win!

I’ve seen past cardinals teams who were better than this one often struggle with pitchers like this, his scouting report says he throws a pretty good slider so it not inconceivable he goes 5+ and only gives up a run or 2, there always a chance matz gets knocked around. There so many ways tigers can win this game this price beyond ridiculous . Cardinals have won 2 of last 15 games and dropped what 7-8 in a row? I dunno how they coming up with these lines? Better believe im betting tigers!

I assume this the last game we gonna get these prices, I’d be shocked if cards were favs when they go to Chicago this week but I guess we can hope! (Omg if those lines are even close to pick’em I’ll be all over cubs, they taking at least 2 of 3!). Sure they gonna win a game eventually, maybe today, but there no way the price reflects their real chances and at this point they have gotten to the point they expect to lose, even during the good start yesterday I never had any doubt they were gonna lose that game! This is such a poorly constructed team, poorly managed team, and about the biggest waste of 195 mil I ever seen!! At least the A’s have a excuse, I assume their payroll is about 25-30% of that! To your point about the A’s at least they play hard, they lack talent but it not the shit show this is.

Maybe cards will be small favs in Chicago, I can’t imagine cubs woulda been laying close to -200 vs tigers, man that be amazing and a huge mistake if they put any plus on the cubs!!

Damn RIP Vida Blue, a true legend

Not new thread worthy but it relates plenty to the A's today imo. Don't even care that half of their team are learning who he is/was right now. Rare take on the Athletics.

Didn't know where else to put this but I took Seattle +600 to win the division. Its a very talented team and those odds were too good to pass up.

When I was doing futures and discussing in futures thread I think seattle was something like 17-1 to win WS, I prefer bigger number for season long futures but I actually said I thought there was a good chance they started slow and I’d be able to get a better number during season! They up to 35-1 now, that more what I’m talking bout! Glad you posted this cause I kinda forgot. Wondering if now the time to jump? It probably is, they gonna hit better at some point, im a huge fan the pitching staff. If you can find it there a future thread, I usually go back to it and post whenever I play one. I agree 6–1 is awesome value thanks to the shaky start with the bats.

Really like the Twins and Kopech over (as long as he goes 5 should be $)

I really don’t like him but I feel same about clevenger and made the mistake of passing on him yesterday. There a bunch of swing and miss in that reds lineup and he certainly capable. Im just not sure if he gonna make it as a starter? He was better last game but for the most part I been saying all year he better served in the pen cause it hasn’t really translated great. Just hoping like clevenger the previous start carry’s over here, honestly he probably only needs 4 innings to hit this number, let’s just hope he can Keep the walks down. The k’s should be there we just have to avoid him letting the walks get out of hand leading to a early exit.

Twins seemed like best way to go. I been playing Ryan k’s quite a bit and cle has been striking out more recently but I think juiced 5.5 is probably the right number. He could def fan 6+, he has really stepped up his swinging strike rate. Im sure there be more times to play him but w the price being bout same as twins ml I just liked them to take the series a little more than his k’s. Had the prices been different w his k’s cheaper I might have went that route.

Gl today

When I was doing futures and discussing in futures thread I think seattle was something like 17-1 to win WS, I prefer bigger number for season long futures but I actually said I thought there was a good chance they started slow and I’d be able to get a better number during season! They up to 35-1 now, that more what I’m talking bout! Glad you posted this cause I kinda forgot. Wondering if now the time to jump? It probably is, they gonna hit better at some point, im a huge fan the pitching staff. If you can find it there a future thread, I usually go back to it and post whenever I play one. I agree 6–1 is awesome value thanks to the shaky start with the bats.
I didn't even think of World Series odds but I will check it out and if its 35-1 its time to go for it.

DK has 35-1

Also crazy that Texas and LAA are ahead of the M's in the division pecking order as far as odds go. We're only a month into the season, might be a tad bit of overreaction there.

Im super proud of myself for holding at beginning the year and them having the slow start I thought might happen, now I just gotta decide if now the time? I think it probably is, ultimately I’m super happy w 35-1 even if I did end up playing it too early. I like them at 35-1 to win WS more than I do my twins bet cause even tho twins path to the playoffs easier I think I’ll like seattle better if they both in the playoffs, both teams need to and should hit better I would think.

As good this Miller kid looks it makes the loss of Ray way more bearable imo, as long he continues pitching the way he has they still have a very good 4 man playoff rotation that stacks up with everyone in baseball i think. I guess the concern bout the kid will be the same they had with Kirby last year and they have to cut back his innings late in the season cause I assume he will most likely fly past the innings they projected for him this year.

At same time just when Houston started to look like they were coming around they lose garcia for the season, I was already concerned with Stros position depth and now their pitching depth gotta be a concern. I think they getting close to Altuve coming back, Brantley coming back this week I believe. Sounds like McCullers progressing but he still has another month or so assuming no setbacks. Urquidy news ain’t been great. So Stros offense gonna start looking stronger but the pitching staff has some pretty big holes atm.

Im with you I got no clue how rangers or laa ahead of them? I actually just looked and now seattle ahead of Anaheim at +450 and the WS odds for seattle back down to 30-1, might have to go ahead and buy now cause I think they taking this series from the rangers, they could sweep them given the pitching lines up perfectly for this series, I don’t really follow the season odds daily (just glance occasionally), I assume a sweep of rangers could flip the odds of those 2?

Back