Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 23 Sun 2023

Lol. I slept in a little but I tried to come post some plays around 11ish and for some reason I couldn’t get the site to pull up, I was kinda having problems w my home internet but I switched to cell phone and most everything else worked. I thought maybe site was down, my bad.

I don’t really have much left for today, I have pads ml in a parlay. I like the Ff-.5 straight a bit cause think it a pretty big starting pitcher mismatch but I like the idea of full game cause I assume snakes pen have to get a lot of outs today.

Cards finally get a break far as seeing a much easier pitcher to hit but I don’t trust their pitching at all. I have very little clue what we get from flaherty, even last start where he was good thru 6 innimgs before our genius manager sent him back out for 7th, the stats were solid but he only generated 4 swings and misses, that ain’t great. His control isn’t great and his slider isn’t close to the wipeout pitch it used to be. He could maybe go 5-6 innings and only allow a couple runs or he could get tagged?? Even if he does give them a decent outing then ya gotta hold your breath the pen does the job! Let’s not forget marmol is pretty much garbage at managing the staff also!

Looks like they tinkering w the lineup, I dunno if that smart or not? You can kinda forgive them not scoring a lot this series, I thought that was pretty predictable. I do think the individual numbers would indicate the offense score more than they have been so this could be a good move, assuming Gorman keeps hitting the way he has been I like putting a good lefty between goldy and arenado, it just a question if he can handle that spot? Typical cardinals would be to score a bunch of runs today against a middling pitcher to make their overall numbers look better than they really are. I don’t love playing Overs in seattle but over 9 really my only lean here.

you were right about sending Matz out there, problem is i'm not sure anyone would have pulled him the way he was going on Friday

they didn't seem to like Gorman last year, barely played him and if there was ever an excuse not to (LHP starting) they would put him on the bench. Bad for development, annoying as a fantasy owner too

Choosing Nootbar over O'Neill doesn't make a lot of sense to me even if O'Neill was banged up last year and struggled

they didn't seem to like Gorman last year, barely played him and if there was ever an excuse not to (LHP starting) they would put him on the bench. Bad for development, annoying as a fantasy owner too

Choosing Nootbar over O'Neill doesn't make a lot of sense to me even if O'Neill was banged up last year and struggled

I rather have Nootbaar up top leading off for real, plus you can’t count on O’Neal to stay healthy, he all juiced up and wound too tight, always pulling something. Dunno why it took them till today to lead Nootbaar off but that where he belongs.

I don’t play fantasy baseball but it pissed me off something serious the way they benched Gorman vs lhp, I agree w you, he supposed to be the lefty power bat of future you can’t just sit him anytime a lhp pitches, how the fuck he supposed to get better! I remember he be hitting well then they face 3 lhp in a row so he be off the entire freaking week. I like the idea of hitting him between goldy and Arenado, it has annoyed me since they been here how stacked w right handed bats the middle the order is. They acted like they loved him when teams wanted him in a trade so they might as well treat him that way! The scouting department has all a sudden got way better with hitters than they have pitching the last 5 years, we got lot of legit hitting prospects but the pitching is ass and there nothing promising on the way far as I can tell!

Of course this all moot if they can’t flip some the excessive outfield depth for a front line starter, I said it to start the year and clearly no reason to go back on it, the pitching not good enough to do any damage in playoffs if even get there. I don’t think pirates or cubs a fluke, pirates have some good young pitching and the lineup will continue smacking around righties who struggle pitching to left handers, I like cubs lineup and a few their pitchers at least, that more than I can say for cards.

Cardinals have resorted to having to bring helsly in the 7th to put fires out. Can’t hardly blame them, I dunno what they gonna do for the 9th now but they be better off giving most these scrubs a clean inning to work with. Everytime they bring one of them in with guys on base it a freaking disaster then they don’t use Helsly in 9th anyways cause they give up the lead. They have to get another starter from outside but that won’t matter if they don’t get better performances from guys in the pen. Maybe they gonna have to go get a big time pen arm also, that way they can use Helsly in this roll or someone else, the guys currently on roster damn sure not getting the job done.

Cardinals have resorted to having to bring helsly in the 7th to put fires out. Can’t hardly blame them, I dunno what they gonna do for the 9th now but they be better off giving most these scrubs a clean inning to work with. Everytime they bring one of them in with guys on base it a freaking disaster then they don’t use Helsly in 9th anyways cause they give up the lead. They have to get another starter from outside but that won’t matter if they don’t get better performances from guys in the pen. Maybe they gonna have to go get a big time pen arm also, that way they can use Helsly in this roll or someone else, the guys currently on roster damn sure not getting the job done.
what's wrong with Gallegos? 2 isn't enough, but it's something you don't need to bring Helsley in the 7th for

what's wrong with Gallegos? 2 isn't enough, but it's something you don't need to bring Helsley in the 7th for

I guess the havnt really put Gallegos in that spot cause his numbers been rock solid. Everyone else they have tried has been a disaster coming in with guys on, they pretty much had to go to Helsly today cause they ain’t been taking leads to the 9th as games they been in had gotten away in that spot the last week+. Gallegos can save also so I thought they did the right thing bringing Helsly in to lock down the 7th inning rally. Those the only 2 guys I trust coming out the pen right now.

Back