Sunday Discussion (Kentucky/Louisville, Col/Col St)

footballjunkie

Makes it Rain
leaning towards Kentucky ML since Louisville has a lot of inexperience and new systems being implemented and no play on the other game, wondering what some of your thoughts on these games are

i like kentucky.
the cards got home field, and the revenge angle...but other than that, i dont' see them as the better team at all. others do though, fwiw.

both qbs are semi-unknowns/unproven...though u gotta give the cards the edge there. their guy has the potential for sundays.
o-line is definitely in favor of kentucky.
rbs are definitely in favor of kentucky...3 very good, to 1 very good.
both teams are equally in need of a TE.
the cards would have the big edge at WR...but with everyone out for various reasons, i gotta call that a push...for this week only.

and the defense, basically across the board, is definitely in favor of kentucky.

anyhow, that's why i played them.
but that said, there's a shitload of unknowns from the louisville side at the moment. which is why if you search around the net...roughly 50% of the various power rankings favor kentucky, and roughly 50% of them favor louisville.

im taking the UK ml on this one. i see UK feeding the ball to their rbs to start the game off and then leaning heavy on their d. im a little skeptical about what UL defense we will see (the 30ppg one or the "new" one from ron english). i do think UL will struggle with a new lb corp and the loss of nearly every big play guy on offense for UL. i think UKs d can contain cantwell and keep this thing close. in the end i think the running game and defense for UK will make the difference

that being said, there are alot of unknowns on both sides of the ball for both team. the only thing we do know is that UK will be stout on d. other than that it will probably be a crap shoot. add a little rivalry to the mix and you have an intersting game to cap.

Colorado - Colorado State always a close, shitty game. Have a real tough time laying more than 10 with Colorado, even though they are significantly better than Colorado St.

Guess it depends if I need action tonight, but I think I like CSU in that one.

On Kentucky ML +140 since last night! Watch kentucky defense tear that O-line up.....just like alabama did to clemson!

Color vs Color St. Always seem to be close games, taking 11.5 with the home dog seems like a play. Underdog is 10-2 ATS in their last 12 meetings. Last 6 years, no team won by more than 7/5/4/3 points.

Lean towards Kent + 4.5 road dog. Maybe over, last 3 meetings lots of points scored.

i've been going back and forth all day.

lean UK and lean to CU

Trying to figure out if these are just action plays or game I really like. The degenerate in me just wants some action

CSU strength is running the ball and CU front 7 strength is stopping the run. CU is going to score so if CSU falls behind, they will have to throw w/ their new QB-WR's. CSU does have a good TE who had 3 TD's in this game last yr so I'm sure CU pays extra attention to him but CSU offense if it is stopped from running or falls behind early is finished

i think if you do like csu, 1h would be a better bet imo. i almost pulled the trigger on this. adrenaline will obviously have an effect in the rivalry game, and they won't have the run taken away from them in the 1h, so i think their offense will probably do better, and you'll get a better valued number. reasoning kind of goes along with etg's thought process that if they start to get behind it could easily snowball. if they don't cover the 1h, i doubt they cover the game...gl fellas

i'm thinking UNDER in the CU-CSU game... not touching the Governor's Cup, but i lean over

...i'm wondering if CU becomes a blowout, but usually i remember it being very close

With KY/LOU starting well for me, if I get a win I might just take 8-2 this weekend and go home without bothering on Colo/CSU...

Be careful with the under in the late game fellas. CSU is rolling out a true freshman at CB who is a third stringer and the opposite corner is also a backup. Top two corners are out with a suspension and injury. Beyond that they couldn't stop a CTG formed team from running the ball last year. On offense they have a new QB but he's a 5 year senior and Sperry will more than open up the passing game as he commands a double team. The two headed moster of Gartell Johnson and Kyle Bell will prove to be a good challenge for the Buffs Dline.

These teams are more than capable of putting on a shootout.

Back