SunDay Bases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
8-3 +7U's parlay +35.41U's +42.41 last UP 65.76 U's ytd posted

Sunday
Atlanta Braves* +144 vs Washington Nationals 200/288
So what are the chances that the Braves sweep the Nats?? Books dont think so as the Braves open + 135 and now +144. I'm willing to take a chance on the +144 as Braves start Maholm (2-0, 0.00 ERA) The left-hander has thrown 12 2/3 scoreless innings in two starts, striking out 13 with four walks.Is he due for regression? May very well be but Braves are finding ways to put runs across the plate and I'll play that if nothing else.But keep in mind that the Nats lead National League with a .503 slugging percentage. Maholm only has a 1-6 record with a 5.52 ERA. Gonzalez (1-0, 0.82) on the hill for Wash.It will be his third home start after striking out seven, a season high, and permitting one run in Tuesday's 8-7 victory over the Chicago White. The left-hander, a 21-game winner in 2012, will likely be throwing to Suzuki after Ramos pulled his left hamstring on Saturday. As far as the pens,Nats relievers have a 7.81 ERA in the last eight games after walking seven and yielding six runs in six innings this series. And the Braves bullpen has a MLB-best 1.35 ERA after allowing one run in the last nine games - a 25 1/3-inning stretch. So Gonzalez needs to work more efficiently and last more innings. He's lasted just six and five innings, respectively, in his first two appearances with pitch counts of 91 and 99.
And being the hard head ole hound that I am, I still like the Over on Sunday after losing on the Over today
Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Over 7 -115 115/100
GLTA

Last edited:
good luck Bhound

already working on Sundays card while I'm sweating this Phillies/Marlins game

I will be rooting for Braves tomorrow

Boston Red Sox* -140 vs Tampa Bay Rays 140/100 I expected a 30cent line and they gave me 40 cent. Buchholz has been nothing short of brilliant, allowing one run and nine hits while striking out 12 in 14 innings in his two starts. He scattered three hits and struck out eight over seven shutout innings in a 3-1 win over Baltimore in Boston's home opener on April 8, however, he hasn't fared as well versus the Rays lately. After going 5-2 with a 2.38 ERA in his first nine career starts, Buchholz is 0-3 with a 3.45 ERA in his last five. Cobb (1-0, 0.00) didn't need much support in his first start, limiting Cleveland to four hits over 7 1/3 innings in a 6-0 home win on April 6.But the Ray cant generate enough runs to stay with most teams scoring just four runs in their last three games. They're also 0 for their last 17 with runners in scoring position.

Well regrading Atlanta at Washington, I spent a fair amount of time looking at the game. Atlanta is going pretty good. They may win. But I think this time I am going with Washington and Gio. Sorry and BOL

To base a play on whether a team should or shouldn't sweep is one of those baseball things that I will never understand. I have said it a million times you can't "will" or emotion your way to a baseball win. Baskets? Yes. Football? Absolutely. But getting hyped up in baseball drops your performance. You can react after something happens but fans confuse that with emotion to "Make something happen". You can't try to hit the ball harder or catch the ball harder and if you try to throw the ball harder it doesn't go where you want it to and that defeats the purpose. Saying a team will not "allow" themselves to be swept is just stupid or else they would never "allow" themselves to lose and it doesn't work that way in baseball.

Gio is very tough at home and I can understand people betting him today but only because the pitcher is good at home. I still agree with you though and the way Atlanta is playing right now you have to take all that + money. You might consider cheating and taking runs like I do. Then even if they do lose the game you could still win the bet. GL

Thanks for the input guys. While I could write a book on MLB sweeps, it would most fall on death ears here as I am just an old man with that likes to make a little beer money. (as long as my alzheimers stays under control)
I personally feel that sweeps have a place in ones capping techniques. But one need to include many more factors before using it as a major capping component. Maybe CTG needs to have a 'capping clinic' to cover all of the aspects but not now in my hungover state.There were 210 sweeps in the MLB during the 2012 Regular Season. The AL had 102 and the NL had 108.The Oakland Athletics had the most sweeps in the MLB with 11.The Red Sox, Cubs, and Astros were the most swept teams with each having been swept 14 times in 2012.The Astros have been swept 28 times over the past two seasons.Every team in the MLB had at least 3 sweeps during the 2012 season.Every team in the MLB was swept at least twice during the 2012 season. Now how many of these sweeps could have been capped. I say maybe 10% could have been a factor of one team wanting to prevent a sweep more that their opponents want to prevent it.

Thanks GameOn...GL to U also

adding
Philadelphia Phillies/Miami Marlins* Under 8 -140 70/50

Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Over 6 -170 170/100

St Louis Cardinals* -1 -115 vs Milwaukee Brewers 230/200

Cincinnati Reds* -152 vs Pittsburgh Pirates 152/100
Cincinnati Reds* -1 -125 vs Pittsburgh Pirates 125/100

San Francisco Giants* -109 vs Chicago Cubs 109/100
San Francisco Giants/Chicago Cubs* Over 9 -130 130/100

Chicago White Sox* -125 vs Cleveland Indians 125/100
Chicago White Sox/Cleveland Indians* Under 9 -175 175/100

back in a bit

Thanks for the input guys. While I could write a book on MLB sweeps, it would most fall on death ears here as I am just an old man with that likes to make a little beer money. (as long as my alzheimers stays under control)
I personally feel that sweeps have a place in ones capping techniques. But one need to include many more factors before using it as a major capping component. Maybe CTG needs to have a 'capping clinic' to cover all of the aspects but not now in my hungover state.There were 210 sweeps in the MLB during the 2012 Regular Season. The AL had 102 and the NL had 108.The Oakland Athletics had the most sweeps in the MLB with 11.The Red Sox, Cubs, and Astros were the most swept teams with each having been swept 14 times in 2012.The Astros have been swept 28 times over the past two seasons.Every team in the MLB had at least 3 sweeps during the 2012 season.Every team in the MLB was swept at least twice during the 2012 season. Now how many of these sweeps could have been capped. I say maybe 10% could have been a factor of one team wanting to prevent a sweep more that their opponents want to prevent it.

guru hound.

and for those that do such things as parlays ..in treys plus the one seven team...most of these pay less than 1 to 1 but odds od winning are decent. 35 of them pay as little 12.7 up to 22.8 and the seven team pays 72.7

[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 4/14/2013 1:10 PM MLB Baseball 951 Philadelphia Phillies* +2½ -500 vs Miami Marlins
    R Halladay - R Listed K Slowey - R Listed
  2. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 953 Atlanta Braves* +2½ -300 vs Washington Nationals
    P Maholm - L Listed G Gonzalez - L Listed
  3. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 955 Cincinnati Reds* +2½ -590 vs Pittsburgh Pirates
    M Latos - R Listed P Irwin - R Listed
  4. 4/14/2013 2:15 PM MLB Baseball 958 St Louis Cardinals* +2½ -595 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    M Estrada - R Listed J Garcia - L Listed
  5. 4/14/2013 2:20 PM MLB Baseball 959 San Francisco Giants* +2½ -345 vs Chicago Cubs
    T Lincecum - R Listed E Jackson - R Listed
  6. 4/14/2013 1:05 PM MLB Baseball 965 Chicago White Sox* +2½ -430 vs Cleveland Indians
    J Peavy - R Listed B Myers - R Listed
  7. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 968 Boston Red Sox* +2½ -315 vs Tampa Bay Rays
    A Cobb - R Listed C Buchholz - R Listed
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 720.0 (36 parlays at 20.00) To Win 718.7
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

1. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 955 Cincinnati Reds* -150 vs Pittsburgh Pirates
    M Latos - R Listed P Irwin - R Listed
  2. 4/14/2013 2:15 PM MLB Baseball 958 St Louis Cardinals* -155 vs Milwaukee Brewers
  3. 4/14/2013 2:20 PM MLB Baseball 959 San Francisco Giants* -107 vs Chicago Cubs
    T Lincecum - R Listed E Jackson - R Listed
Risking 100 To Win 430.4 3 team parlay

1. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 953 Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Over 6 -175
    P Maholm - L Listed G Gonzalez - L Listed
  2. 4/14/2013 2:15 PM MLB Baseball 957 Milwaukee Brewers/St Louis Cardinals* Over 7 -185
  3. 4/14/2013 1:05 PM MLB Baseball 965 Chicago White Sox/Cleveland Indians* Under 9 -180
    J Peavy - R Listed B Myers - R Listed
  4. 4/14/2013 1:35 PM MLB Baseball 967 Tampa Bay Rays/Boston Red Sox* Under 9½ -162
    A Cobb - R Listed C Buchholz - R Listed
Risking 50 To Win 254.5 4 team parlay

[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 4/14/2013 2:10 PM MLB Baseball 970 Kansas City Royals* +2½ -265 vs Toronto Blue Jays
    B Morrow - R Listed E Santana - R Listed
  2. 4/14/2013 3:35 PM MLB Baseball 971 Houston Astros/Los Angeles Angels* Over 7 -210
    P Humber - R Listed C Wilson - L Listed
  3. 4/14/2013 4:05 PM MLB Baseball 973 Detroit Tigers* +2½ -390 vs Oakland Athletics
    A Sanchez - R Listed J Parker - R Listed
  4. 4/14/2013 4:10 PM MLB Baseball 975 Texas Rangers* +2½ -475 vs Seattle Mariners
    N Tepesch - R Listed B Maurer - R Listed
  5. 4/14/2013 8:05 PM MLB Baseball 977 Baltimore Orioles* +2½ -320 vs New York Yankees
    W Chen - L Listed H Kuroda - R Listed
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 220 (11 parlays at 20) To Win 326.4 parlay RR in treys
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

and the reds screw me again. i leave in the top of 7th to go get my daily walk in and come back and see pirates score 10 damn runs in two innings...whats wrong with this picture?? #@#@*^#@...lesson learned, fade the reds pen and respect the pirates pen

It was more of Dusty being a dumbass... that 7th-8th sequence was a textbook what NOT to do when managing a pen. Unreal.

and the reds screw me again. i leave in the top of 7th to go get my daily walk in and come back and see pirates score 10 damn runs in two innings...whats wrong with this picture?? #@#@*^#@...lesson learned, fade the reds pen and respect the pirates pen

It was more of Dusty being a dumbass... that 7th-8th sequence was a textbook what NOT to do when managing a pen. Unreal.

oh, it was that ''Dusty dumbass thing again'' i have been there and done that before

Thanks slugur, hope ur having a good day my friend :shake:

still pissed with Dusty and the Reds loss. As I look out my window, I see I have seven wild turkeys and one wild boar in my front yard. Now that must be a sign of some sort telling me that I need to make a play on SunDay nite BaseBall
So dfo I take the Baltimore WildBoar or the Yankee Turkeys??
Kuroda has averaged over 200 innings in each of the past three years and all the signs suggest he’s about to pay the price for taxing his arm. In two starts, Kuroda has walked five and struck out seven in 6.2 frames. He didn’t make it out of the second inning against the Red Sox and barely made it through 5.1 frames against the Tribe. More troubling is that Kuroda’s line-drive rate is up five percentage points and his groundball rate is down seven percentage points. Over the past three years Kuroda has had favorable strand percentages, which has allowed him to outpitch his xERA. Kuroda has been gamely fighting off the toll 600+ innings takes on a 38-year old arm but the percentage play is to heed this arm, as it could all go quickly for him this season. Wei-Yin Chen is now 0-2 after two starts, losing on the road to both Tampa Bay and Boston. Last year, the success of the Orioles drove us statheads crazy as it appeared that they were winning with smoke and mirrors but there was nothing fluky about Chen's performance in 2012. Chen demonstrated solid skills all season with his control, strikeout rate and command, all dramatically improving across the board in the second half. He was pitching very well in his last start at Fenway until the seventh inning when Nava hit a three-run homer to break Chen's shutout. For the day, 70 of his 107 pitches were strikes and that’s right in line with his career command of the strike zone in both the majors and the Japan league. Chen has a career 1.17 WHIP in his 34 career starts at this level and has a very good chance of success here against a Yankees club that is batting just .200 against southpaws this season. Chen has allowed a .240 batting average to the current members of the Yankees in their respective careers. He has an excellent changeup that will be used almost exclusively against RH batters. To have success against a starter like Chen, teams must adopt an opposite field approach and this is something the Yankees are just not good at doing.

So whatau think, Boars or the Turkeys. Ok, U talked me into Mt Wild Boar,
Baltimore Orioles* +105 vs New York Yankees 100/105

Baltimore Orioles/New York Yankees* Under 9 -147 147/100

and for shits and giggles
parlay 50/120

Baltimore Orioles* +105 vs New York Yankees
Baltimore Orioles/New York Yankees* Under 9 -149

Great day man

Thank U yessir...Appreciate U stopping by. Hope ur season is going well

Once again Cinci spoiled a really great day while the Cards collapse and the O's loss of offense hurt a bit. The Col Total wasnt what I expected either. Not bitching doggy, just a little pissed with the reds pen :) :)

sides and totals went 12-7 +2.66 but the single pars and RR pars were once again good to us where they won us a +9.26 ,the series plays pay off @ 5.00 U's for a total on the day 16.92 U's
ytd total is for posted MLB is 82.18 U's

Back