Stretch Run Plays and Thoughts...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, we are into that last 25% of the season or so...

I haven't really posted much consistently lately other than the situational plays I mapped out before the season. I have tried to bless faders a few times with some posted stuff but that only works out good for them, not me ;).

Until the end of the season, I'll keep posted whatever I play, no matter how weird it is. I'll also be posting more thoughts to bore you so be prepared as well. I have been doing a lot of mini-research during this unprecedented NBA season trying to find an edge perhaps or at least some sort of flow. I have been able to identify a few things that I may be doing wrong or have bad perceptions of. We shall see moving forward...

We still have a couple of situations to look at towards the end of the year. The current one to be stalking is the Dubs current stretch of games all the way into the game in San Antonio. I'll have much more Dubs thoughts that have been floating in my head since the Durantula injury that I will share later.

Big card tonight...

One play. I'll tell you what..an old adage going way back for me is to not play against injuries. I do not have any statistical proof but that was a big one that would keep me off a game just like that for many years. In today's climate of NBA with the sitting out for no reason(rest, my ass) etc it takes on a bit of a different tone...

The play tonight for me...

Orlando -3.5 -110

Yes, watching these two teams is like watching twinkie wrestling himself but I like a few things here...

-Knicks off the matinee yesterday
-These teams just played in ORL 6 days ago. Sweet scheduling NBA!
-The writing is on the wall in totality for the NBA's 'Super Team'.

Now, I was doing a few more looks at this and the line was at -1. I took a phone call and 15 minutes later hit refresh and it was -3.5 That is where the Melo part comes in. He is out. He got them off to a hot start down there last week before playing crappy afterwards. This isn't my reason for fading but I think whoever beats the spread wins SU anyways so the point spread change isn't too big of a factor for a game that was at -2 at one point as well.

---------------------------------------

Plenty of more thoughts to come later tonight. Very interested in watching what I can of Spurs-Rockets. Big card tonight, hopefully learn a lot. GL to all.

In Detroit tonight..

No Rondo or Wade for the Bulls. Detroit needs to win games like this, Indiana and New York coming up...

Cleveland twice and Utah before some road games...

Imperative to beat the other shit teams here...

A nice loss on a garbage team to get it started.

I think the proof lies in the pudding there as you look at the +/- categories for the benches. New York killed them there. Well, they absolutely blistered them there.

Tragic with 13 in 4th quarter. That was good ~2004.

Lakers...

We all know this team is in full-tank mode but this is getting real bad. They have lost 7 straight ats(6 of those since the Lou trade). They have given up an average of 113.14 points during this stretch. That should increase a bit as the rest of the season goes. The thing is, these teams are getting up so big that their scrubs are playing more minutes late which could jeopardize full game TT's and such moving forward.

Looking at their remaining schedule...

-Toilet Bowl against the Sixers(yes, that bottom fell out finally)
-Few games against the Kings
-Maybe some teams resting players down the stretch
-Milwaukee and Minnesota possibly

It is pretty friendly as far as getting proper rest though. The Houston and Denver games could be those types of games where the 4th quarter is lower scoring..

Just some food for thought. Share your thoughts as well...

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 9[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Phoenix Suns [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Philadelphia 76ers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 13[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Denver Nuggets [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Houston Rockets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Milwaukee Bucks [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 19[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Cleveland Cavaliers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 21[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Minnesota Timberwolves [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 26[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 28[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Washington Wizards [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 30[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Minnesota Timberwolves [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 1[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 2[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Memphis Grizzlies [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ San Antonio Spurs [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 7[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Sacramento Kings [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 7[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Sacramento Kings [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 9[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Minnesota Timberwolves [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 11[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]New Orleans Pelicans [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Apr 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Golden State Warriors [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Detroit @ Indiana...

This is a pretty big game for both making the playoffs and potential seeding in the bottom half of the Eastern Conference.

The Pacers have won all 3 previous match-ups. There was two blowouts and a close one at the Palace as well.

Two of the three games went over. The one that did not was the last one in Indianapolis which saw Detroit score 26 TOTAL points in the 2nd half.

The games have been spread out pretty well to about once a month.

The totals have went like this...200.5-204.5-209.5...this game has settled at 206 as of now...

The Pacers have played 5 in a row on the road but there was a break between the Spurs game and Hawks game to go home.

Paul George points in series: 26-32-21

Detroit total up to 208 to 208.5 now. I was semi-interested in over but will pass now.

Utah and Rockets will be a game I am interested in as a fan. The Jazz have a very good 3point defense and defend that arc well. With the emphasis on threes 'heightened' since the break for Houston this is a good game to learn a few things.

Preseason game in San An. For awhile I thought that might be a 'hold ya nose' play but no thanks at current number despite the guys sitting out.

That Orlando-Chicago line has been all over the place.

Demar points over? It was simple when he was hurt playing Lowry...so...

No idea what kind of mood Boston is in for tonight. This isn't a pretty spot for a Warriors team that isn't deep and missing their best player. With that being said, that 8.5 is almost begging you...feels weird...

Agree on the Warriors and I feel like Boston wants to keep this road trip from becoming a disaster. Horford is back in tonight too. I felt like it should be more like 4.5-5.5 and I sat here trying to out-think myself as to why it was higher until I just decided to take it.

Three games in the books between Rockets and Jazz this year...

11-30
12-32
8-32

Those are the three-point makes and attempts for the Rockets in the season series(1-2 SU).

Utah defense gives up 8.3 makes versus 22.8 attempts.

Only Miami is comparable at 8.0 and 23.0.

Houston averages 14.8 and 40.5 for the season

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Houston has made it a point to get 50 attempts a game since the break and has had some success at times. Utah has shown a good 3pt defense all year and in the season series with the Rockets. This is one way to beat the Rockets for sure. It isn't about the percentage to me, it is about makes/attempts being lower than.

This may never come into play again, but if Utah slips down the stretch or if the two both make it to conference finals this is something to remember for the match-up.

Keep an eye on the next two after tonight....Boston

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 3[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Lakers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]-7.5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]219[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Won 115 - 95 [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Win / Under [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Phoenix Suns [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]-4.5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]229[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Lost 106 - 109 [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Loss / Under [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 6[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]218[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Lost 102 - 116 [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Loss / Push [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Golden State Warriors [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 10[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Denver Nuggets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Chicago Bulls [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That 3:30 start is going to feel much earlier after over a week out west.

The 2h at Denver they could get a bit winded as well.

11-30
12-32
8-32

Those are the three-point makes and attempts for the Rockets in the season series(1-2 SU).

Utah defense gives up 8.3 makes versus 22.8 attempts.

Only Miami is comparable at 8.0 and 23.0.

Houston averages 14.8 and 40.5 for the season

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Houston has made it a point to get 50 attempts a game since the break and has had some success at times. Utah has shown a good 3pt defense all year and in the season series with the Rockets. This is one way to beat the Rockets for sure. It isn't about the percentage to me, it is about makes/attempts being lower than.

This may never come into play again, but if Utah slips down the stretch or if the two both make it to conference finals this is something to remember for the match-up.

They missed many an open look tonight. Jazz had success in slowing them down for the most part.

Jazz are the Grizz from a few years back, ugly it up and catch teams slipping.

Dubs...

Post #5

Great call Boston backers tonight. I got scurred a bit. We still have some potential this weekend though which was my main target initially...

Mise well...

Cleveland tt o109.5 -115 1.25 units

No Korver.

J.R. is playing. My only fear here is he jacks up like 11 three's rusty as hell.

Detroit defense is what it is, bad.

Cleveland off the exhibition game Saturday night and then a home loss Monday is plenty rested.

Kyrie prop would be something to look at as well.

Cavs 114-106

Nice 4th quarter Cavs.

I should have taken my own advice on Kyrie prop.

I gave away a point waiting so I slide this down to a standard play.

Phoenix -6.5 -110

Fade away!

You called it LOL JR Smiffffffff 1/8 3PT welcome back

Yup,

Oh and J.R was a cute -28 while on the floor

And after the hot start of 8 for 12 from Drew and Hairplugs each...they combined to go 7/20 the rest of the way. Pretty remarkable to even break 100 to be honest.

Well,

Thursday play sucked. The Lakers won. I hope they mess up this whole draft thing. I bet on a 21 or 23 win team so what can I ask for?

Then tonight, two gifts sitting under the tree in Minnesota but moreso Denver and I let them sit there unwrapped. Now, a potential play tomorrow on Spurs/Dubs is off the table since it is now being treated like an exhibition game.

That leaves another potential spot Sunday with Chicago. The Celtics come from Denver and play a 3:30 game Sunday after over a week out west. I cannot see them being that sharp. The problem here is Chicago looks like hot garbage right now. Everything I read tonight is after the 1q is was a straight-up half-assed effort against the Rockets. Oh well, time to think on that one. Maybe their coach will call them out, heh.

[FONT=&quot]AUBURN HILLS -- A first-quarter tirade from Marcus Morris was credited with jump-starting the sluggish Detroit Pistons on Thursday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With 1:55 to go and the Pistons already facing a 15-point deficit against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit's normally reserved forward took charge in the huddle during a timeout.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Pistons have been slow out of the gate in recent weeks, to the point it had become a regular talking point for Detroit coach Stan Van Gundy in his post-game briefings with the press.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He had finally had enough, and before the Pistons' 106-101 win over the defending NBA champions, he went to Morris and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope about holding the starting group accountable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I've been pretty negative, which is rare for me," Van Gundy quipped. "I had been."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His message was a simple one: I'm going to coach like I always do, but I'm done yelling. It's clearly not working -- so you guys figure it out.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"And Marcus, we came to that huddle down 27-12 and he just put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'I got this,'" Van Gundy said. "He really went after guys. Challenging guys, that if they didn't want to compete to just go back to the locker room."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His teammates listened -- with the Pistons scoring 10 points in the final two minutes of the first quarter, then stretching a 14-2 run into the second that saw them pull within three points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Detroit had weathered the Cavs' first-quarter scoring barrage, one that saw Kyrie Irving and LeBron James combine for 21 of Cleveland's 29 points. Prior to the timeout, the Cavs had scored nine straight points, capped by a James dunk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Yeah," Pistons forward Tobias Harris said. "He said bleep. Bleep. Bleep. Bleep. A lot of F-bombs in there. He's going to need to come to church with me on Sunday."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Pistons never faced another double-digit deficit the rest of the game, with all five starters - Harris included, who replaced Jon Leuer - scoring in double figures. Detroit shot 47 percent from the floor, held a highly efficient 3-point shooting Cavs team to 28 percent, and totaled 33 points in the second and fourth quarters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Morris, who scored 12 points and had five rebounds, was not around afterward to talk with reporters. But his teammates spoke of the message he delivered and its importance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Basically, we weren't playing the way we should," Pistons guard Reggie Jackson said. "We weren't prideful. We weren't holding ourselves accountable, and that was something he was on us about.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Until that point, we weren't really showing up the way we should, and he let us have it. I think it kind of sparked us."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<iframe id="player_AR2ftQeZQqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="1" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AR2ftQeZQqY?rel=0&autoplay=0&enablejsapi=1&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlive.com&widgetid=1" style="width: 620px; height: 348.75px;"></iframe>
SVG reacts to Pistons' 106-101 win over Cleveland

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The duo of Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson combined for 20 points in the fourth quarter, including a game-changing 13-0 run, as Detroit (32-33) maintained its grip on the on seventh place in the NBA's Eastern Conference.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But the win also injected some confidence into a Pistons team that has not played well on back-to-backs. They were 2-9 playing on the second night, including six straight loss, and coming off a 17-point blowout loss Wednesday at Indiana.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rather than head into a scheduled off day Friday on the heels of back-to-back losses, Detroit (32-33) has an opportunity to crack .500 for the first time since mid-December.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I was telling him this, but it's always good to hear his voice," Drummond said. "Marcus is a man of very little words, so when he does say something, it gets everybody's attention. When he got going like that and said what he had to say to us on the bench, it really struck a match and got us going."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Perhaps this team is beginning to grow up?[/FONT]

Detroit keeps getting within one of the elusive .500 mark. They should get it versus the Knicks here but we will see. Kristaps is a tough match-up for Detroit. Slowly but surely Detroit is playing better. I almost want to just throw that Pacers game out the door because they simply cannot beat that team this year.

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 11[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]New York Knicks [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]5:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 14[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Cleveland Cavaliers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Utah Jazz [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Toronto Raptors [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Mar 19[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Phoenix Suns [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]4:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

You have to figure Detroit is not beating the Cadavaliers for a 3rd time this year. I think asking for 3 of 4 of the home games is fair enough. That leads into a road-trip(inter-conference) against a bunch of average to bad teams. They need to be .500 after all of that or 2 games up would be preferable.

Well even though so many sat/injured yesterday S.A. covered anyways, maybe I should have blindly bet it.

I don't know what to think of Chicago. They have lost 5 of 6 with the one win being against the Dubs. Do they care? They are in position still for playoffs. It is kinda puzzling but in some ways not when you look at that roster. They definitely did not care in the Rockets game.

My advice would be to find an angle here to fade Boston on a 3:30 tip off a WC trip. Maybe full game, maybe 1h...maybe 1h tt under...I'll be looking and still deciding if I can trust the Bulls.

Well, I guess the play for that Sunday match-up was Boston 1h tt under out of the three possibilities I listed. Man, Chicago is hot, dirty garbage right now.

I was intrigued by Memphis on Monday but honestly didn't have enough time to cap and that may have kept me off anyways with their iffy play as of late...

Got one for Tuesday though...

Indiana at New York

The Knicks are in the middle of really implementing the triangle offense right now, ya know, in the middle of March. You can see how effective Phil Jackson is in anything when he doesn't have Jordan/Pippen/Shaq and Kobe. There is a reason he has picked where he has went in his career and now he is just reaching. I believe they had been using the triangle or learning it around 20/25 % of the time and now that is over 50 %. That is a great thing to learn, in training camp. Obviously this is a disrupting factor and some players have mentioned it.

The Pacers are another odd team but not as odd. After the had the long losing streak around the all-star break they have been playing .500 ball since. They have had some good games in Texas and just beat another team they are battling for playoff position in Miami last time out.

Indiana hasn't played consecutive nights since the 5th/6th of the month. They have Charlotte after the Knicks but rest till Sunday following that.

New York had four games in a row on the road over seven days and return home tonight. They have won 2 of 3 from Indy this season.

The Knicks won at Brooklyn on February 1st. Since then, they are 4-12. The one legit win was the Sunday matinee against the Spurs. The other wins were twice at the Tragic and once against the Sixers. So, suffice it to say, they have beat one quality team since before the Super Bowl.

The Pacers are in the 6th spot right now, one game up on Detroit(more like 2 since they own the tiebreaker). They are only 2.5 games back of the Hawks at this point. I think at this point that they would like to see Toronto in the first round as opposed to the Champs/Bullets/C's. At the same point, they are only 2.5 games from being out of the playoffs.

This is your classic 'stretch run' play. I normally start looking for these mid to late March if they line-up correctly. Some years they do, some years they don't. The teams seeded 4-8 right now are so inconsistent it will be by a feel basis but generally you will see it being a 5-8 seed on the road playing a team that doesn't have playoff aspirations. It is what it is.

In today's NBA climate I am much more adverse to playing games early than ever before. With that being said, I cannot see the Pacers resting anyone or anything weird happening. We'll take our chances.

No unusual line movement yet. The early books opened 2.5 and it has nudged up as it should. Early public percentage is 77-23, that is no surprise to me. It would only make me pause slightly if the line went to -1 or -1.5 ish for example.

Indiana -3 -110 2 units

* Be interesting to see Melo tomorrow. He looked like he had 'checked' out Saturday here in A.H. His comments after made me think this was him being rebellious but he managed to jack up 26 shots versus Brooklyn.

Thank you gents,

Well, line moved up a bit and the %'s are not terrible, moreso in line with line move I guess.

At this point, the only real concern is that I bet the game ;)

KP said the offense is "random" and he just doesn't understand it, I think thats probably representative of most of the team

Melo posted something about enjoying the darkness and "staying me"...meaning he is pouting and not happy with things

all good news for you

Pacers 52 first half points, bet looked great.

The game is two halves unfortunately.

Absolute clunker in the 2nd half. They led 59-48 and it all went south. It is not like the Knicks played good at all.

My posted regular bets(other than the super situations) are god-awful. The leans sure do good though, lol.

Maybe just not even look at the NBA for a few weeks and enjoy the tournament.

Thanks em...GL to us in the 4th...

Stons with 28 in third...lets actually finish a bet for once.

And that is officially the last posted play lol. Impossible.

Still at 8 4th quarter points with a minute left.

This is actually one you tell your grandkids about...

Not so much the loss...just how hilarious that 4th quarter was...

Detroit led 72-63 with 9:30 left(18 points to win bet)

Final score: Toronto wins 87-75

24-3 Raptors run in the last 9:30:tiphat:

SVG made his name on getting his teams to play hard for him.

Pistons aren't playing hard.

Obvious sign he needs to go.

Yailed ya small and I'm salty

Some bets ya get mad. Some you laugh. This was an absolute chuckle. Somehow in the highest scoring year in ages I have picked two teams this week that couldn't score on a nerf hoop in the 4th quarters.

Back