Strength of Schedule

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
Not really sure how they determine strength of schedule. Didn't UT end up with the highest rated strength of schedule? Doesn't make sense to me..

I was looking at the Big 12 3-way tie

OU has 8 wins (out of 9 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl
UT has 4 wins (out of 5 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl
Tech has 4 wins (out of 5 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl

How is SOS determined?

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant at first..

I have no idea, but I'm sure our resident Texas experts know.

I think it had something to do with OU having played Chattanooga. Also, Texas had Mizzou in conference this year, OU did not.

I think it also factors in home and road games. Like OU didn't play anyone difficult on the road except for Okie St., etc..

Also OU played Chattanooga and freaking Washington. I think they've combined to win one game.

TT played two FBS schools.

Not really sure how they determine strength of schedule. Didn't UT end up with the highest rated strength of schedule? Doesn't make sense to me..

I was looking at the Big 12 3-way tie

OU has 8 wins (out of 9 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl
UT has 4 wins (out of 5 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl
Tech has 4 wins (out of 5 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl

How is SOS determined?

For anyone interested, UF has 9 wins (out of 10 games) vs. teams who will appear in a bowl......:tiphat:

So why did UT have a better SOS than OU?

Texas only played 4 teams that made it to a bowl?

FAU
Rice
OU
TT
Okie Lite
Mizzou
Kansas

That's 7, dude.

Also, OU played a D1-AA team and UW (0-12). Very close SOS, but those two teams would make the difference.

oops..

OU was 8 for 9
UT was 7 for 8
Tech was 5 for 6

if it does home vs. away games, i wonder how the computer factors "neutral fields".

Also OU played Chattanooga and freaking Washington. I think they've combined to win one game.

OU also beat Cincinnati and TCU, ranked 12 and 11 in the final BCS rankings.

None of UT's 4 non-conference opponents finished in the top 25. That might have made the small difference in the computer rankings that screwed UT.

OU also beat Cincinnati and TCU, ranked 12 and 11 in the final BCS rankings.

None of UT's 4 non-conference opponents finished in the top 25. That might have made the small difference in the computer rankings that screwed UT.

Nope. OU ran away with #1 in the computers. The computers could not help UT against Florida, although they kept it close.

Nope. OU ran away with #1 in the computers. The computers could not help UT against Florida, although they kept it close.

I think you misunderstood my post. My point was that OU's wins against Cincy and TCU (top 12 BCS rankings) gave it the edge in SOS over UT, whose non-conf opp's didn't make the top 25.

Back