Strategy: Picking At the Back End of Draft

In rd 1 and 2, it seems like a no brainer to go WR-WR unless Lynch falls to the back end of the rd 1. But what to do at 3/4 turn? Gut instinct says go RB-RB, but what if guys like Hopkins or Cooks are there? A start of Dez-Julio-Cooks sounds great.

I was 9 out of 10 tonight.....asshole ahead of me auto picked Antonio Brown so I took Dez and Jeremy Hill at 9/12. I like Hill over Forte and CJ. Wanted Brown instead of Dez.

I like the WR/WR but Id rather have 1 RB I really like....the Gore, Hyde, Miller, Morris set doesnt do it for me at RB1.

I was 9 out of 10 tonight.....asshole ahead of me auto picked Antonio Brown so I took Dez and Jeremy Hill at 9/12. I like Hill over Forte and CJ. Wanted Brown instead of Dez.

I like the WR/WR but Id rather have 1 RB I really like....the Gore, Hyde, Miller, Morris set doesnt do it for me at RB1.

What did you do at 3/4 and 4/5 turn?

I'm 12th out of 12 for my draft on Monday for the 2nd year in a row. ffs I need some help on this as well.

I just did ESPN mock at pick 10 in 10-team league. 1 team was on autopick.

Got Dez-Julio, Cooks-Gore, Abdullah-Spiller

I'd be very happy with that.

Rather be 12th than 1-3 personally but I'm at the end of my fantasy football lifeline

Alshon/Gore with my 3rd and 4th
D Adams/Randle with 5th and 6th
Andre Johnson/Tannehill with 7th and 8th

This is a QB point heavy league so Luck and Rodgers went 1st round and Wilson/Manning/Ben were gone 3rd-5th.

This is a QB point heavy league so Luck and Rodgers went 1st round and Wilson/Manning/Ben were gone 3rd-5th.

What kind of league let's Andre Johnson go in the 7th? WOW

Really like that 3/4 5/6. It looks like Gore is often available on that 3/4 turn.

i'm picking 2nd in one of my leagues. who am i taking?

then who am i taking coming back around as my 2 and 3 rd picks? 12 man league

Coming back Id take Luck or Rodgers if they are still there which they probably wont be then either Gronk or the best RB/WR combo. As long as I get 1 stud WR Im okay b/c there are plenty good ones late......

I had the 9th pick in a 10 team league last night. Went D.Thomas and Cobb in 1st/2nd round. Then Ingram and Lamar Miller in 3rd/4th round.

Calvin Johnson was there when I picked Cobb. Looking back at it...maybe should have gone with megatron. But overall I'm satisfied with my draft.

Sounds a lot like mine huego. See my thread for complete team.
I was able to grab brown and Bryant rd1&2. Because luck and Rodgers went 1st rd. along w/ pretty much all rbs 1st

Back