Strahan to sign with the Giants...

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
If he gets that paper, 8 mill.

The New York Daily News reports that Michael Strahan would return to the Giants for $8 million.

The team was only willing to pay Strahan $6.5 million in the spring, but it's possible the season-ending injury to Osi Umenyiora might have the team willing to spend a bit more. Still, the team is reportedly content to move Mathias Kiwanuka back to defensive end. "I haven't heard from anybody else, so to say if I would or wouldn't is premature," Strahan said, "so I'm enjoying my retired life right now." Aug. 25 - 9:37 am et
Source: New York Daily News

The Giants have begun contract negotiations with Michael Strahan, according to the New York Daily News.

A team official called Strahan on Monday to gauge his interest in coming out of retirement. Strahan is expected to ask for $8 million and he's worth it. The division rival Redskins are paying Jason Taylor $7.5 million. Even if Strahan returns, Mathias Kiwanuka would likely stay at end. He could be used as an inside-outside lineman like Justin Tuck was last year. Aug. 25 - 3:49 pm et

i wonder how much of that would be guarenteed? hopefully all of it ... sounds like it could be a few more than 8 mill, i miss him already

FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Michael Strahan has decided to stay retired.

"This has been one of the toughest nights of my life," Strahan said from Greece. "But after long deliberation and throwing around a million scenarios in my head for the past day, I think it's just best if I stay retired." You can downgrade the Giants defense in draft a few spots with this news. They still should be decent rushing the passer. Aug. 26 - 5:59 pm et

I bet Chris Mortensen is sad he didnt report this first. But Strahan seems to be boys with all those guys @ Fox

more important than how many starters are returning was how much depth we had last year...

Justin Tuck had more sacks than Strahan and was one short of Osi... he was also considered for Super Bowl MVP and for the Pro Bowl... that's pretty good for off the bench stats and for being a non-returning starter...

I'll take him over most starters that are on other teams right now.

justin tuck ever get a better deal on his contract? i remember him signing for next nothing and i remeber being puzzled by it.

I believe early this year they gave him a contract for 30 mil for 5 years with like 16 mil guaranteed.

that was pretty good considering someone like Plaxico Burress is still on his 25 mil for 6 yr contract from 05'.. hehe.

Back