Stoops to FSU

FYI, this is not happening, and I’m extremely sure of it. I posted an earlier thread asking if anywhere was taking action on the FSU coaching search.

The rumor is Bob, but he has a job and is on record saying he wanted to watch his children play collegiate sports which takes place during f-ball season. He could pull an Urban, but they aren't the same. I tend to take Stoops at his word. Besides, he has been offered other top tier jobs over the past couple of seasons and turned them down. I hold FSU to a top tier standard, but I don't think he wants to step into this situation.

I am leaning to Odell taking the job. He has bled garnet-n-gold his entire career. Made good money, but this allows him to retire a Nole with the financial security for his post coaching career.

Love the guy, and I know the players will play for him. Just don't want him to tarnish his legacy in Tallahassee with this group to end his stint.

...and he’s out.

Bob Stoops is no longer considered a candidate for the Florida State coaching job, according to a report.
The Tallahassee Democrat, citing two unnamed sources, is reporting that FSU “does not consider [Stoops] a candidate” for its vacant coaching job. The same publication wrote that Stoops was a candidate earlier this month and quoted athletic director David Coburn as stating that Stoops was “on the list” of prospective candidates.
122COMMENTS
Noles247 confirmed through various sources that both sides were in negotiations since the time Willie Taggart was fired earlier this month. FSU was willing to make a substantial investment in Stoops, but it appears that it was not lucrative enough to attract the former Oklahoma coach back to college football.

I apologize, a few guys I trust were completely wrong. To be honest it's been a dice roll. It was supposed to be a done deal when I posted. But not announced til Monday....anyways now I'm hearing Norvell is the likely hire

Still I feel stupid making this thread when I felt very confident in what info I was given. Feel free to lock

Back