Stinespring UNBELIEVABLE!!!

fairmountbull

The OC from Va Tech. Talk about not having a game plan. If they run the ball between the tackles in the game, they win the game 21- 6. Unreal!! What a :moose:!!!!

What are people thoughts on the INTERNATIONAL BOWL????

I have a side i like!! BIG PLAY time!!!

you pegged it .... just run the ball and you win. simple... but he was too stubborn. gl the rest of the way.

you pegged it .... just run the ball and you win. simple... but he was too stubborn. gl the rest of the way.

alot of coaches dont like to follow the "KISS" philosopy............Keep It Simple Stupid.....They want to show everyone that they are smart....And they screw up their team's chances to win...........
Hokies defense played well enough to win....Throw in the chip-shot FG that was blocked and the dropped TD pass early on - followed up with a missed 47 yd FG and you allow the dog to stay in the game.

alot of coaches dont like to follow the "KISS" philosopy............Keep It Simple Stupid.....They want to show everyone that they are smart....And they screw up their team's chances to win...........
Hokies defense played well enough to win....Throw in the chip-shot FG that was blocked and the dropped TD pass early on - followed up with a missed 47 yd FG and you allow the dog to stay in the game.

Yup it is just ponderous. On first drive right after Glennon completes a nice timing pattern he brings in tyrod taylor ( btw if he never played a down you might have covered here too ). Fine , i undestand that they have been using a two back system ... but what an incredibly strange time to bringhim in. two sacks later out of fg range. next drive .... glennon starts the drive by moving the chains ... brings in tyrod after that and next thing you know the kansas cornerback stud is high stepping into the end zone ( terrible call by the refs for throwing a flag on high stepping btw... let the kids play ). They end the second qtr by ramming it down ku throat but he never does it again. down deep in ku territory he runs the ball on third and 5 and picks up 4 ..... and then tries fg on 4th and 1 ???? Why run the ball there on third if you are not willing to pound out the last yard if you pick up the first four ? Down by his own goalline he refuses to rush it out and instead has glennon throw again ... resulting in basically another pick 6. just very ponderous play calling. Just the same , kansas was competitive in this game from opening gun to closing gun and their backers deserved the money the way the game played out. But had anyone on this site been coaching the hokies , i think they pound out a win.

So KU's missed 44 yder doesnt matter , the fact that Mangino should have settled for a FG attempt 2nd and goal at the 30 instead of forcing passes which turned into an INT , or the fact that 4th and 2 they went for it instead of kicking a FG? the VT offense sputtered like it has forever is it anything new?

Strange playcalling for sure but KU answered every challenge? Why didnt the VT defense that played good enough to win every stop those huge 3rd down conversions?

it's over and done with no need to go back and forth but if you feel VT was cheated well then your missing the fact that VT played liked they always play isnt that why they choked vs BC? There defense can only do so much and there offense put them down.

I very much agree that all it seemed like all VT tried doing was hit a big pass play....countless long throws thatfeel incomplete. Again though maybe this is why the offense always comes up short. AGree with Kyle on the Taylor situation and I said it really didnt seem what was making the offense move it was Ore's improvement down the stretch. The media liked the 2 QB story better though.....

Common wisdom coming into game was the way to beat Kansas was through the air but after the success of that one drive. I don't understand either.

it's over and done with no need to go back and forth but if you feel VT was cheated well then your missing the fact that VT played liked they always play isnt that why they choked vs BC? There defense can only do so much and there offense put them down.

who said anything about being cheated.....the whole point of this thread was to point out the failings of the Va Tech off coordinator and Beamer.......

I meant cheated as in feeling like VaTech should have won. Not anything more. Poor choice of words.

KU did some questionable things IMO and felt like they went unnoticed. Clearly KU pass defense was the soft spot going on and clearly they game planned to attack that " soft" spot. I agree it was shocking that they didnt attempt to run the ball more but just cause the last drive of the half was successful doesnt mean it would have continued that way. Ore if I recall correctly rarely had 20 + carries this year and maybe that played into it. I have no idea but he had about 13 or 14 carries in the 2nd q.

I guess my feeling is people think VaTech should have won this game and KU somehow played a perfect game . When I think KU had nearly as many flubbed coaching situations. KU made key play after play and VaTech on offense or defense made very few IMO..

Who knows it all speculation I guess....:cheers:

I meant cheated as in feeling like VaTech should have won. Not anything more. Poor choice of words.

KU did some questionable things IMO and felt like they went unnoticed. Clearly KU pass defense was the soft spot going on and clearly they game planned to attack that " soft" spot. I agree it was shocking that they didnt attempt to run the ball more but just cause the last drive of the half was successful doesnt mean it would have continued that way. Ore if I recall correctly rarely had 20 + carries this year and maybe that played into it. I have no idea but he had about 13 or 14 carries in the 2nd q.

I guess my feeling is people think VaTech should have won this game and KU somehow played a perfect game . When I think KU had nearly as many flubbed coaching situations. KU made key play after play and VaTech on offense or defense made very few IMO..

Who knows it all speculation I guess....:cheers:

As a Va Tech backer last night, I dont feel like they should have won......BUT........If the coaching was better (play calling), they would have had a better chance to win the game.....Kansas deserved to win.......But you never want to lose a gun fight with bullets still in the chamber and I feel like the Hokies coaching staff didnt put their players in the best position to be succesful.

Yup , not saying vatech was the right side of the bet at all. In fact , i said that as the game played out , kansas was the side deserving of money. I agree that mangino made some bad play calls ( one was a second down pass near the end of the game that he completed for a first down to help run the clock out ... worked but terrible call ). Should have run on third and forever and kicked a field goal that one drive, and should likely have kicked that last field goal as well.

kansas offense really couldnt do anything all game ( much like vatechs ). They scored one td on the int return , another on the int return to the two yardline or thereabouts, and their field goal came either after an it or the fake punt debacle ( are you kidding beamer ??? at the fifity you are not in punt safe ? ).

As i have said many times , in games where the two teams play pretty evenly , the value is with the dog.

My point is only that I truly believe ( and just cause i believe it doesnt make it so ) that if vatech hands the ball off over and over and over again that they win the game and cover. As far as ore and carries .... he got to sit out the whole first quarter for being late to practice. No way is he tired and if he is bringthe lewis kid back in ... who also had success running btw.

With Beamer on the sidelines and his gameplan for that game ..... kansas was the right side and deserved to cash. With me on the sideline, hokies by 10 or more.

Why the onside kick when you have all the momentum after a TD and your defense is kicking ass?

Why didn't Kansas kick the fg to go up by 13 instead of going for it on 4th down and not making it giving the other team a better chance to tie the game? Is it because he knew in advance that the team total was set at 24? Hmm...

Back