Steelers getting about 8 points of value on MNF

raems

Pretty much a regular
0-2 ats with the last one being a straight up loss as a favorite = lost about 2 points off power rating

Bucs 2-0 ats with two straight upsets = gained 3 points in power rating

Line moves 3.5 points off the already inflated open for Tampa. That’s 7.5-8 points of value.

The Steelers are desperate, are consistent winners, and have gained a rare amount of value off recency bias. They’re getting Haden back who curbs their defense against explosive plays a bit, and Tampa’s center is now questionable which is huge for an already dicey o-line.

I’ve lived through the Fitz experience as a Jet fan - he’s fine. Not a long term answer and this will regress, probably tonight.

0-2 ats with the last one being a straight up loss as a favorite = lost about 2 points off power rating

Line moves 3.5 points off the already inflated open for Tampa. That’s 7.5-8 points of value.

The Steelers are desperate, are consistent winners, and have gained a rare amount of value off recency bias. They’re getting Haden back who curbs their defense against explosive plays a bit, and Tampa’s center is now questionable which is huge for an already dicey o-line.

I’ve lived through the Fitz experience as a Jet fan - he’s fine. Not a long term answer and this will regress, probably tonight.
I couldn't agree more.

This is/was a big reason I liked them at -2.5....now it is even more value. I grasp a new play caller in TB, but Pitt this is do or die. I just don't see how a veteran team with Tomlin (I don't think hes amazing, but he does well with motivation) has this team flat tonight.

Tomlin 12-2 on MNF as well.

There’s really nothing that suggests Tampa laying points in this spot against this team is a valuable play.

Also think a lot of the off field stuff is hurting the Steelers perception and wrongfully so. They had a weird game in the rain where Ben chose week 1 as his annual wtf clunker - they were also up 14 in the 4q against what’s proving to be a half decent Browns team. Week 2 - clearly no shame in losing to the best offense in the league right now, not like they’ve been embarrassed in either game.

lol EVERYBODY had the wrong start time listed at their books. everybody listed 8:25pm as the start. LOL shows you that books really do just copy things off each other and go from there

Of note: Steelers -6/-7 was a relatively fair number on this game, which is what’s actually in doubt right now.

Back