State of the Rams

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
They're currently the only team over the Cap and they need to have this down by tomorrow. Why do I mention this? The amount of undrafted players on this team is alarming. Backup QB with no experience. Very young backfield with only Malcom Brown with needed experience. Darnell Henderson is iffy for Sunday so its Cam Akers and an undrafted RB from SMU. WR and TE's are established. Oline is anyones guess on the interior. Who knows what Whitworth has left at LT. Havenstein was average at RT. Defensively we have only 4 DBs including J Ramsey. Our safties other than Johnny Johnson are rookies and 2nd year slo mo Taylor Rapp. Regarding the ILB's, it's plan and simple. They suck. Teams will run attack the middle of this defense and pick apart Rapp wherever he is on this field.
I'll be looking live ingame to confirm what I'm seeing but this is an over type team. I do not expect them to stop teams and they should be in attack mode throughout with McVay. Could be wrong but everything with the Rams seems off. If Goff hasn't improved his presence in the pocket than this could be a 8-8 team or less. His lack of protection from this oline last year would make you think he would be prepared to slide out of the pocket. Never ever been a strength of Goff's.

I don't have ANY idea why they gave Goff the money they gave him. The team could be coached by Jesus Christ and with 3 or 4 players making the king's ransom of money, they're stuck to the old fantasy sports mindset of stars and scrubs on an actual NFL field.

Any team with a pass rush is going to make Goff piss his pants...that is a huge problem...his advanced metrics facing pressure are horrific.

I don't have ANY idea why they gave Goff the money they gave him. The team could be coached by Jesus Christ and with 3 or 4 players making the king's ransom of money, they're stuck to the old fantasy sports mindset of stars and scrubs on an actual NFL field.

Any team with a pass rush is going to make Goff piss his pants...that is a huge problem...his advanced metrics facing pressure are horrific.

might see points week one tho, not sure cowboys have a pass rush!

I got under 9 rsw in the spring. Kicking myself for not putting more on it. Defense lost some key cover guys in Littleton and Robey-Coleman as well.

I think we'll know quickly about this team in 2 areas. How does the oline look and how is their run D. Their run D on paper could perhaps be bottom 5. Rams have 2 NFL DB's, Ramsey and Johnson. The rest are average at best. 2 rookies, Burgess and Fuller show potential.
The Rams had a panel of 4 with Marcus Jones Drew, Farr, JB Long and someone else. All 4 looked in a state of shock over this roster.

Dallas should be able to run the ball down their throats in the opener. I have questions as to weather or not McCarthy is smart enough to realize that he has this glaring advantage though.

Dallas should be able to run the ball down their throats in the opener. I have questions as to weather or not McCarthy is smart enough to realize that he has this glaring advantage though.

Hiring him kinda made me scratch my head considering he has never been known for building a strong run game. Maybe he used his time off to improve himself tho.

This.

I remember him being on the fire Fisher train very early on.

And how could anyone forget his love for Sam Bradford.
LOL. I know shit when I see it. This is different with McVay because he's such a good coach. He cleaned house with his coaching staff. Sleepy Phillips was slipping. He cost himself his job vs the 9ers giving up 2 3rd and 16's. I think his replacement has the pedigree to evolve into a good one. We'll see about the special teams coach. Lots of roster questions with all these undrafted players. I think that's more about contracts than anything.

Last edited:
Thanks Wise, we should all do this for our home teams. Sometimes numbers get in the way of the parts(for me anyway).
Again, thanks.

Lucky for your team, you get the Cows first.

You gonna have a play for tonight, wise?
Just saw this. Sorry, my play was Rams 1st hall tt over 10.5. I know that doesn't mean anything now but thats what I had. Ill wait for live ingame 2nd half. Over is my lean. These defenses suck

Back