Stat Of The Night

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I am still a tiny bit bitter over my defeat in the TCU/AirForce football game. To illustrate why I am bitter check out this stat.......

Halftime score tcu 10 - air force 3

Tcu offensive snaps on the air force side of the field in the second half 42

Air Force offensive snaps on the TCU side of the field in the second half 1

Scoring in second half tcu 7 air force 14.

air force goes on to win in ot as we all know.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before ??

That turned what could have potentially been a BEEUTIFUL night into a nightmare....

You got any feel for this Wyoming/Boise St. tilt?

That game was pretty ridiculous. I had nothing on it, but the speed and talent gap was obviously pretty wide.

AF's discipline and TCU's decision-making/play-calling lost this one for them. Should be some good value fading AF for a couple of weeks.

Everyone wants to fade Air Force, and I don't know why. They play hard, they don't quit (could've easily given up when they couldn't move the ball and were down 17-3), and it seems like they're pretty well-coached. I really have no interest in fading this AF team.

Everyone wants to fade Air Force, and I don't know why. They play hard, they don't quit (could've easily given up when they couldn't move the ball and were down 17-3), and it seems like they're pretty well-coached. I really have no interest in fading this AF team.

It's not that I think they are a bad team. The service teams typically play hard, and are well-coached and disciplined. AF is obviously better than their projected 8th-9th place finish in the Mountain West. However, given their two outright wins as underdogs in the last two weeks, I am simply anticipating a possible weak opening line on their trip to BYU next week.

I'm ready to fade Air Force because they beat SC State, Utah (with all their injuries) and should have got their asses handed to them tonight if not for the fact that TCU was missing their best 3 (Brown, Turner and the James kid who was kicked off the team) running backs. I really think BYU will expose pretty much every weakness in the Falcons. They have a great schedule down the stretch as they play(ed) what most considered the top 3 teams in the MWC for their first three conference games. So fading them might not be an easy task. I could easily see them finish up the year with 3 or less losses.

Vegas--That is an astonishing stat. I watched the entire game and I had no idea it was that unbalanced. Terrible loss.

Bad TCU football on the offensive side of things. I counted four possessions inside the 30 and came away with no points. The false starts in the first half by the same kid were drive killers, 1 came on 3rd and 1. The best rush of the night for TCU was ruined by a fumble. They wanted to win the game right? Does anyone else question why they are throwing the ball to the endzone from the 25 fwith 47seconds left and the ball in a tied game? They didn't cover for me so I am glad they lost but why not take your points and go home, you already been inside the 30 a bunch of times and came away with no points. The air in Colorado is sending the ball a million miles. That kicker I guess is beat. Also felt like the AF wide receivers were breaking the TCU defensive backs ankles when they ran routes. On the other side of things, AF doesn't have much of a pass defense either, the TCU wide outs had space all night.

You will drive yourself insane if you try to figure out why the outcome ended as it did...it makes absolutely no sense...

AF doesn't have much of a pass defense either, the TCU wide outs had space all night.

I noticed that a bunch during the AFA/Utah game. They play a cover 3 of sorts and the Falcons DB's play 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. I was so pissed that Utah couldn't figure that out. I thought TCU saw it in film this week as their 2nd play of the game was a quick snap with a quick pass out to the receiver who promptly gained 9 yards. Never saw the play again. Now I understand why many TCU faithful are calling for a new OC.

crazy ass stat, i didn't watch it but now i'm ready to throw my computer off of the 27th floor!!!!

TCU f*cked up when Patterson chose not to kick the Field Goal, and went for it on 4th and 1. It would've only been a 45 yarder, not impossible.

Oh well. :hang:

between this and the eagles game last sunday i can't handle these types of losses. one team just dominates for most of the game yet can't seem to score or play enough defense to put the game away. and then somehow they find a way to lose it after it all said and done...

please shoot me in the face :hang:

Back