Starting to like Bears -3, let's talk about this one before betting more.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

I've been thinking about this game all morning and I really think the Bears get it done this week.

Grossman should have some success throwing against Dallas secondary.

Bears have a sick run defense allowing a meager 2.4 per carry.

I think the Bears defense will give Romo fits and cause him to make mistakes.

Also Dallas just won on the road, are they going to win two in a row back to back on the road?

Bears -3 for me.

Any thoughts?

Well I like the Cowboys +3. Bears D allowed KC into the red zone several times but they just couldn't capitalize. I think the loss of Mike Brown really hurts. Romo has been very good with his decisions so far and is adept at avoiding the pass rush. Cowboys O-line has also done a great job at pass pro. This is an explosive offense.

Yeah Cowboys D has been weak and several of those picks this week were gifts from Green but why would you expect much better from Grossman? Also, if Newman is back this week then the D can actually unleash the hounds in terms of blitzing. They've been pretty conservative in that regard so far this year since Newman isn't there to shut down one side of the field.

Those are my thoughts... yes, I'm a Cowboys fan.

I just don't trust grossman anymore. and the cowboys been looking real good. doesn't the bears D have injuries too?

bears - anything sucks, dallas d may give up pts, but they cause turnovers... 5 last week.. sexy rexy will turn it over, but i think romo and company can score on chi town.. id take tha pts..

How confident are you the Bears/Grossman will have success against the Dallas secondary (which, BTW, forced 5 turnovers Sunday)? Grossman should have had success throwing against the K.C. secondary. He didn't. That offense should have been able to put up more than 13 points on K.C., for cripes sake. It didn't.

It's not like K.C. didn't move the ball and have opportunities to score, Homeslice. Dallas has shown it can put up points...

Good luck with your play though!

The only thing that would keep me off of Dallas is...........it's week 3.
One of the most brutal of the season, for strange occurrences.
Not because I'm a homer, but like every one else, you have to wonder who's offense has more potential to score vs. the other's defense.
The opposite could be the best for the Bears......run the ball. Yes, NYG passed on them, but they had to when they got behind. Same with the phish. I do think the Dallas D's weak spot is their pass defense, but the old " run the ball and keep it out of their hands" adage may be best. Not to mention keeping out of Rex's hands, also.
I sound like the Cowboys are some offensive juggernaut..........geez. I haven't drank that much.

Press

1 TD, 3 INTs, sacked 6 times so far...Rex Grossman has been absolutely underwhelming. Also, the running game doesnt look that great. Cedric Benson is rather mediocre....he certainly doesn't strike fear into the hearts of anyone.

Romo, on the other hand, has looked spectacular. I feel like his decision making has improved enormously since last year. He seems to be the real deal. Granted, he's been against Giants and Fins, which don't have great secondaries, but I like him to at least not turn the ball over and for Rex to lapse a few times. Cowboys +3 or no bet I'd think.

so you have the 2-0 cowboys who are right now talked as to be the best team in the nfl coming into the house of the defending super bowl champs and not turning the ball over? that makes no sense to me.

chicago's defense is going to be stout. we have stopped LT and LJ. marion barber and jones ... cmon now.

dallas d is stop you with a turnover or you can have 3 or 7 every series.

bears are not losing this game, after this sunday the defending NFC champs will once again be the NFC's driver seat.

bear down
BearsCover.jpg

also, dallas just signed tank johnson who is still suspended to see what things he can tell dallas coachign staff. cowgirls are scared.

again, bear down.

so you have the 2-0 cowboys who are right now talked as to be the best team in the nfl coming into the house of the defending super bowl champs and not turning the ball over? that makes no sense to me.

:36_11_6: HOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRR! I was under the impression the colts won the super bowl brewer?

But on a more serious note...I don't doubt the bears will force a turnover or two or three. But you must have doubts about their ability to capitalize on the turnovers. Rex has really looked bad. I don't know if he's had some problem since last year when he was doing really well or teams have identified some glaring weakness in his game (love for the deep ball perhaps, inability to consistently throw accurate short passes? who knows) but anyhow I can't see romo turning it over more than grossman.

haha in that sentence for some reason i put SB. but in the following one i put NFC. dunno what to tell ya.

i like titans more than i do the bears fyi. bears my 2nd fav. VY has beat me so many times its only fair. they are one B+/A- wr away from being legit.

ive changed my mind bet dallas. grossman sucks. his wrs suck. his o line sucks.

all they have is hester and an injured d.

dallas is avg close to 40 pts a game, have the best two team running back tandem in the NFC, have TO and a ballhawking back 7. dallas wins this game ez. take em moneyline and :36_11_6: at those generous pts.

061206_owens_hmed_8p.hmedium.jpg

I was just kiddin ya. But about the tank johnson thing - that's gotta raise red flags for you. Maybe dallas is scared....or just now extremely prepared. I remember seeing some article about the colts d. coordinator or something being lured away to another team and peyton tricking them, but I gotta say I don't think Rex has the ability to adjust like that. I think the chargers had it right when they called him a "mental midget".

I like the Titans too. I'm converted - I don't get how vince does it but I got burned bad last week on the colts and don't feel like doing it ever again.

I bag on Rex Grossman so much, for some reason I think he's got some big plays in him this week. We saw what Eli did to the Cowboys secondary week 1, look for Rex to hit Berrian and company for a few big bombs.

I am a Bears fan and I have no confidence in the Bears winning this game. The one thing they have going for them is this is a prime time game. Last year, Seattle came to our house and we destroyed them and that was for a early season crown of the NFC. This is sorta lining up to be the same, even though it is only week 3.

I was at the Bears game this past Sunday and although they looked solid the first half, this team was flat the second half and deserved to lose the game. Now I would imagine they will come more to play for Dallas than the lowly Kansas City Chiefs, but still.

This team has no consistency on offense. They play through their special teams and defense. If Tony Romo can get anything going, which I expect him to do so, the Bears are in trouble. Added, if Dallas is smart and decides not to kick to Hester or put him in corners, then the Bears are doubly screwed.

If I liked to bet against my team, I would bet heavy on the Cowboys. I have no confidence in this team right now. I will be there Sunday night but I don't think I will come away happy as a Bears fan. Take the points and run with it.

Dallas signed Tank to because they needed some relief at nose tackle. And I'm sure they've probed him with questions on chicagos defense. But really how much valuable information could he possibly give them?

He played on the dline, all he did was maintain his gap assignments and take up blockers for the bears linebackers to run around and make tackles. I highly doubt he has all the secrets to the bears defense.

Dallas signed Tank to because they needed some relief at nose tackle. And I'm sure they've probed him with questions on chicagos defense. But really how much valuable information could he possibly give them?

He played on the dline, all he did was maintain his gap assignments and take up blockers for the bears linebackers to run around and make tackles. I highly doubt he has all the secrets to the bears defense.

First of all, Tank played a two technique scheme. He will be the NT now. Big difference. It will take him a while to adjust but I think he will be fine. he is a top 10 DT in this league, 3-4 or 4-3, I don't care.

Second, I think he could give a lot of info, but nothing that new and nothing that can't be seen on tape. Especially with all that is going on with the Patriots and SpyGate, you know the Bears are changing up signals and all. There is also a new defensive coordinator with the team compared to last year. The Bears defense has already done different things that they have not been accustomed to in the past.

As a Bears Homer,This game is probably a no play ,Probably .Grossman sucks WE ALL know that .My thing is Everyone SAYING dallas averages 40 points a game,wow thats great ,UM thats against giants defense lmao.And they did score37 against miami,But game was less then a TD into the 4th Quarter,Then green throws picks and Dallas pulls away.Miami turned the ball over having to throw .So IMO the 40 is SKEWED BIG TIME ,Oh yeah how bout them cowgirls Defense , Allowed the giants with injuries to easily move ball at will,and dolphs drop a 20 on em .IMO bears offense is a tiny bit better then dolphins and if Rex is on GAME OVER FOR DALLAS .But that is a big if.Me as a gambler see these 2 teams even if we get a bad Rex.So id take Dallas ,But as a hunch bet id take bears with the Defense ,And let Homo throw some picks.I do think bears can move the ball on a very soft Dallas Defense.But hey theres other games ill be on .For sure ill post my plays One last thing for what is worth ,Bears running game is bad but in this spot they out gain dallas.All IMO

Chicago is the better team here, DAL destroys two bad teams but they are in for a wakeup call against a top 3 NFL defense this week. Mike Brown being out is old hat for the Bears, the wild card here (as will be every week until his release) is the QB play of Grossman. The Bears should take a page from the BALT team that won a superbowl with Dilfer, but instead they continue to let Grossman throw the ball downfield. Every time the guy passes it seems like it is up for grabs, he should not be allowed to throw anything but quick outs and slants or screen passes. Don't turn it over and your superior D and ST will win the game.

You know, this was a no-play for me and still is, but I got to tell you, after reading all the trash talk by chicago fans and the "Tony Homo" references, I REALLY hope Dallas goes in there and wins now more than I did before...soooooooo fucking arrogant

The Dallas D is not as soft as some think it may be. They are installing a new scheme and have been without their top corner. The players are starting to get more comfortable in the new scheme. And when Newman comes back they will be able to open up all the blitz packages.

showing Newman as questionable today and where did you hear that they were installing a new scheme 3 games into the season?

Um when Wade Phillips got the head coaching job this offseason. He is installing his version of the 34. They have played 2 games under the new scheme.

Chicago is the better team here, DAL destroys two bad teams but they are in for a wakeup call against a top 3 NFL defense this week. Mike Brown being out is old hat for the Bears, the wild card here (as will be every week until his release) is the QB play of Grossman. The Bears should take a page from the BALT team that won a superbowl with Dilfer, but instead they continue to let Grossman throw the ball downfield. Every time the guy passes it seems like it is up for grabs, he should not be allowed to throw anything but quick outs and slants or screen passes. Don't turn it over and your superior D and ST will win the game.

Without Mike Brown the bears just aren't as good. Check out last season. Mike brown went out in week 6.

Games 1-5: Bears D gave up 0, 7, 16, 6, 7
Games 6-17: 23, 10, 31, 20, 0, 17, 13, 27, 31, 21, 26

You can see that teams began scoring a lot more. And trust me it wasn't because they were playing better teams. The team that put up 31? The Bucs.

Um when Wade Phillips got the head coaching job this offseason. He is installing his version of the 34. They have played 2 games under the new scheme.

understand that...maybe i just read your post in the wrong text...i thought you were saying that they were changing it for this game

:cheers:

Back