Start pounding Nevada now

• Thread starter Thread starter NickFazekas
  • Start date Start date
N

NickFazekas

LMAO at this line, how much do they think homefield is worth?

You have Fresno st (overated to say the least) Losing their Senior QB pinegar, along with their 2 top running backs sumlin and mathis.

On the other hand, you have Nevada, who beat Fresno straight up last year. About the only impact players Nevada lost are Tony Moll and Adam Kiefer, their tackles. Robert Hubbard will easily take over the load from BJ mitchell, and assuming he doesnt get hurt or suspended the offense shouldnt miss a beat if the line holds steady.

I can see it now, Rowe to Spencer setting all kinds of records this year.

Jump on this now +13 is CRAZZZY.

fuck down to 11, sorry guys forgot to check it. I'd still be on it anything +7 is a steal.

I'm looking to play an UNDER on this game as soon as I can get a TOTAL at a book.

i dont know about that one man, maybe the new rules will count unders but a WAC matchup like this I know nevada is going to run up alot of points.

Nevada's history at Fresno scares me a little, but they definitely have some value here...

TheGarfather said:
How do you know that? Just because they scored on them last year?

Man youd have to be nuts to think Nevada, with their complete offense back, wont avg 30 a game EASY.

BTW robert hubbard is faster and more talented than BJ mitchell, just not quite the workhorse but they wont miss a beat if the O line holds and it should.

it would be a HUGE surprise if nevada scored less points this year, even with the new rules.

pags11 said:
Nevada's history at Fresno scares me a little, but they definitely have some value here...

thats def true pags, but I think this is prolly the first time you could say straight up that Nevada is better than Fresno (if they played on a neutral field)

At worst they are catching Fresno in a bad spot, 1st game with new QB and RB combo.

NickFazekas said:
Man youd have to be nuts to think Nevada, with their complete offense back, wont avg 30 a game EASY.

Nick I know nothing about the Nevada team - could you give me some background information for why they should score 30 points a game easily. What type of players on offense do they have coming back.

Fondy,

They have on of the best QB's in the nation, Senior Jeff Rowe. Thier Wideout corps are stacked with talent, led by Caleb Spencer (1,000 yard reciever easy) They are in the 2nd year of the pistol offense. They really struggled with it early last year, then absolutly caught fire and they were unstoppable. They basically have lost no one they cant replace (whether it be coach or player). Continuity is obviously HUGE in the college game, and this team definitly has that. Most defenses in the WAC are going to be powerless to stop this team. The only questions on this team reside on defense, but they return 7 starters there as well and have alot of good athletes in the linebacking corps.

Anything less than 30 ppg and competing for a WAC crown is going to be a total disastor this year, I can tell you that.

good to see another capper with some knowledge on Nevada on here...with all due respect to fazekas, I'd say I'm much less of a homer...however, I echo many of his feelings on the team...will I take the points against Fresno?...still not sure as we aren't the same team on the road as we were at home...but I'm eyeing this thing closely...Rowe is legit, and Hubbard runs as hard as anyone in the country (he's the dude that slid down at the one yard line at the end of the Fresno game last year)...I just seeing this thing as a close game for 3 quarters, but it's a very real possibility Fresno could pull away late...

They might, but that doesn't mean they will in this game.

BTW robert hubbard is faster and more talented than BJ mitchell, just not quite the workhorse but they wont miss a beat if the O line holds and it should.

That is true, he is better than Mitchell was, but then again Dwayne Wright is better than Mathis and Sumlin. He was clearly the best of the bunch before hurting his knee against KSU a couple years ago. If you are going to tell the story, you have to tell the whole story.

it would be a HUGE surprise if nevada scored less points this year, even with the new rules.

I am not sure if you are talking about their season totals or this game specifically. I for one, would be pretty shocked if they get 38 this time around. They will be going into the teeth of the arguably the best set of linebackers in the WAC, and they will be facing the best set of DTs outside of Columbus or Berkeley (go ahead and write that down, there are only two duos in the nation better than Leonard and Shirley). Fresno always has a strong secondary, and this year is no exception lead by lockdown man McCualey and knockout master Sherley.

But those are strictly matchup things. I think the strongest case for Fresno is in the intangibles. Preparing for the pistol is an absolute bitch on a five-day basis, but the Bulldogs don't have five days, they have more like 25 a.k.a. the whole summer, so you can rest assured that Pat Hill - the great coach that he is - is already working with them right now on preparing for it. This year they won't be facing UNR on the road seven days have giving ALL that they had physically, mentally, and emotionally against USC (I think this is further reflected in the fact that they were embrassed at home by LT who wasn't even as good as UNR). This season they will be at home in one of the 10 best HFAs in all of college football. And nobody does revenge quite as well as Fresno. Pat Hill excells at teaching the "us vs. the world" mentality. You can rest assured that Fresno has been looking forward to revenge in this game all damn year.

GL on your wager whichever way you go. I haven't decided if I will get involved in this game. Under might be the direction I will head pending the total.

Hey Garfather,

I didnt mean specifically they'd put up 30 easy on Fresno, just that is a very conservative avg for them to reach for the reg season. The WAC and defense go together like oil and water, so like i said id be shocked if over the season they arnt a prolific offense.

Hey pags, not really a homer, loved fading unr's bball and football team up until the last few years . To me this game is a no brainer as nevada should have plenty of confidence going in. The only question is its a home opener and i always seem to get burned taking road teams on home openers no matter what.

GL guys whatever you decide.

boh forgot to mention you are 100% correct nevada caught fresno in a terrible spot last year, they had no chance that game.

However, ill still take the stud senior and continuity over pat hill and his preperation. Pat Hill might be the most overated coach in any sport ive ever seen. He's brutal.

I think it's obviously debatable if Nevada wins straight up but like i said +13 seems nuts for two teams virtually on the same level.

that is a bond that is going to mature in less than 30 days SHSU:shake:

I like Nevada here too fellas. Wolfpack only lost four starters on both sides of the ball. Hubbard is the real deal...the kid has some serious wheels. Mitchell is solid, but Hubbard has that super explosive aspect to his game...and he should see more time this season. Senior QB Rowe is very solid, and should have his best season.

Overall, the Nevada Pistol offense is very tough to defend due to the quick snap handoffs that are very effective, giving the defense little time to react. Rowe is quite mobile, so it incorporates a lot of misdirection. I recall them tricking the camera-man during the Fresno St. @ Nevada game last year. What a cold one that was too! I was there with my family...aunt went to UNR.

Anyhow, Wolfpack defense returns four starters, and they should have a solid backfield. Leader is Senior CB Joe Garcia is very well rounded, and has a trio of good linebackers to back him up. Line might have a tough time stopping the run against a smashmouth team like Fresno St.

As for the Bulldogs, they lost their stud Senior QB Pinegar...not to mention Mathis, who rushed for well over 1000 yards last year. 1200 maybe? Wright, his backup, has had injury issues from day 1. Offensive line should be good this year though, as they return four starters. Key is though that they will have a new QB at the helm. I believe Pinegar was the starter for 3, maybe 4 years?

Fresno St. will have a better linebacking corps than Nevada. LB Dwayne Andrews is a stud. Defensive line returns 3 starters, and should be solid. Secondary is iffy...only 2 returning starters. McCauly and Mays could be the best of the bunch. Bulldogs will be stout against the run, yet susceptable to the pass.

I just feel the spread is way too high in this game. IMO, Nevada has a legitimate shot at winning the game outright. Fresno St. had a tough time stopping the Wolfpack O last year, and I think it'll be the same story this meeting.

Again, with you guys on Nevada. :shake:

Last year was the first year Nevada had beaten FSU SU in how long?? A pretty damn long time. So, don't you think there is a bit of a revenge factor here for FSU?

FSU returns 8 players on defense. Nevada also returns most of their defensive UNIT. FSU will have different players this year on offense. As Garfather so skillfully pointed out -- FSU will have an entire fall camp to figure out how to stop the "pistol" offense down in their dog pit of an arena. A lot of points have been made that point to an UNDER here. One not made is that the offenses usually take a few games to warm up in CFB. I look for Vegas to give us a TOTAL well over 55 points, so the UNDER looks irresistable to me.

I'll agree with a Nevada side because I think they can hang close. I don't think they win SU because FSU is a hell of a salty team ATS and SU whenever they are highlighted in an ESPN weeknight game. But, I really think the UNDER is going to be the play.

yep sooner is right.

UNDER tonight is bank fellas.

over is 7-1 last 8 matchups between these two, make it 7-2 after tonight.

From Reno Gazette-Journal

"That is where we put our energies in the offseason," Ault said. "We moved personnel and we made defense the focus. I expect to be better on that side of the ball."

Tom Brandstater is nothing more than potential right now. For this game to go over, that means more than 8 TD's have to be scored. Unless Nevada scores them all, or there are crazy turnovers, you are gonna have an all out war and defensive struggle (by WAC standards)

points and under parlay looks pretty fucking solid guys.........

just so you guys are aware Marcus Riley is OUT. And hes only like fresno st's best linebacker. Thier backup at ROLB is Quaadir Brown, and he's just a sophomore and he sucks.

the play is nevada +450 ML ya'll might wanna take a look at it.

dollars.gif

Back