Stanley Cup Pick

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Last NHL bet of the year and I'm laying the juice.I was looking at stats and found that dating back to 1998-1999 (couldn't find earlier stats) that the team thats in the top 10 in NHL for home points and top 10 in away points without counting OT (60 min results) has won the cup each year. Detroit is in the top 10 in both, Pittsburgh is 12th in away points. Not basing it all on this but thought it was a fun stat. I also took a little Detroit -1.5 games. GL

Detroit Red Wings 1.637 :shake:

Don't like being against you, Cat.

But one of us will win and I think this series goes at least six games so hopefully we can both get money out of it no matter who wins. Good luck.

Detroit's price seems suspiciously good. Whether that's because the books are trying to sell them, or Pittsburgh holds that much sway in the popular imagination, I'm unsure.

BOL catfood

Don't like being against you, Cat.

But one of us will win and I think this series goes at least six games so hopefully we can both get money out of it no matter who wins. Good luck.

Thanks Joe. Being against me has been far from a bad thing in these playoffs. GL:cheers:

Detroit's price seems suspiciously good. Whether that's because the books are trying to sell them, or Pittsburgh holds that much sway in the popular imagination, I'm unsure.

BOL catfood

Thanks BC I think its number 2, and I think Detroit has flew below the radar of being considered a serious contender all year long. I remember at the beginning of the year when the books made Detroit the favourite to win it all and we all went: Detroit? At that price? WTF? They had a rash of injuries in February and almost half their losses came in that month and if we take out that month, this has been an amazing team.

:thumbsup:
attachment.php

I wasn't going to bet on a game but what the heck its the finals and Im not working tomorrow so I plan on being well and drunk tonight, so just this once...I parlayed Detroit ML with the under...2.908 to 1:cheers:

:shake:

Parlayed the wings with the stons tonight.

Calling it the semcon parlay.

Also liked your thoughts on the series and hedged off my pens +225 wager I placed awhile back in 'FUTURES' with detroit @ -160 series.

Good luck cat, nice to be on the same side as you :cheers:

That series price was worth 5 to 10 grand. I've turned my nose up at so many good lines via suspicion recently I'm near to ordering my own straight jacket.

what do the Red Wings have in common with the last 2 Stanley Cup champs?

They shut-out their opponent in game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead -

CAR 5-0 EDM
ANA 1-0 OTT
DET 3-0 PIT​

just give them the Cup now

Heres some more stats BC...

TEAMS LEADING 2-0 IN STANLEY CUP FINAL
The all-time record of home clubs sweeping Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Final is 30-1 (.968). The only club to win the Stanley Cup after losing the first two games of the series on the road was the 1971 Montreal Canadiens, who defeated the Chicago Blackhawks in seven games.

Consecutive Shutouts To Open A Stanley Cup Final Series:
1926 Clint Benedict (Montreal Maroons), vs. Victoria Cougars *
1945 Frank McCool (Toronto Maple Leafs), vs. Detroit Red Wings
2003 Martin Brodeur (New Jersey Devils), vs. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
2008 Chris Osgood (Detroit Red Wings), vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

* Western Hockey League champion. NHL clubs began to compete exclusively for the Stanley Cup the following season.

Osgood is the second goaltender in NHL history to win each of his first six decisions in the Stanley Cup Final. Montreal Hall of Fame netminder Bill Durnan won each of his first seven -- four against Chicago in 1944 and three against Boston in 1946.

Been doing ok with the 2 team parlays so I'm gonna try my luck again tonight.

Detroit/Pittsburgh over 5 - Cincinnati Reds... pays 2.98 to 1 :cheers:

No sense to go nuts with the bad odds for Detroit tonight, got the series pending, I do think they will win...So I got a low stakes parlay for tonight.

Detroit Red Wings -1.5 - St.Louis Cardinals -1.5 pays 4.62 to 1 :cheers:

Back