St Pete

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
Started strong last year before I fell into a tailspin and shut it down before I evaporated everything. Hopefully will pick up more than a few units this year.

My pick to win a ring is McLaughlin but not playing it because I don’t think +850 is worth it. I don’t have any numbers up for this race but Herta is my pick, but I seriously doubt there would be any value in it either.

Fading Helio is one of my early strategies except for ovals. He was consistently outperformed by his teammate Pags last year. Meyer made no major changes in their organization so will things change? Also he really underperformed in the tests at the Thermal Club a few weeks ago. All things were equal for everyone since no one had ever been there before. Father Time claims us all and an old man’s reflexes are simply not the same. I can attest to that myself.

Another fade angle is rookie Sting Ray. His first year at any step of the ladder in the series has been blah. The second year has always seen a major improvement. Considering he’s with the Foyt team, I expect misery for him. It’s really going to depend on what other rookie they match him up against and whether they juice it to hell.

Rossi— have high expectations for him this year even with the learning curve that goes with changing teams

Herta— this is the year he has to clean up dumbass mistakes. Always blinding fast but when things don’t go his way during a race he inevitably finds a way to just fuck things up. I no longer give him the excuse of being young, bring it home in 6th if that’s how it shakes out for you. IF he can do that, he’ll be a contender for a ring. I’ll ramble more later

And Sato is doing ovals only with Ganassi. This means he’ll be with the best team and have the best car he’s ever had in his career. I’ll be trying to hit some +3000 I assure you.

One last thought, I’ll be trying to find value in Ilott. He’s fast , has a year of experience under his belt now, and is a natural on the road courses due to his background and performed well on them last year. He’s just going to have to qualify better and clean up a few things but I like him better than I think most do.

Too early to be rough on them, but Rahal threw a lot of money on the engineering side of things….not how they wanted to open up. But honestly Rahal has always struggled with qualifying so we’ll see if that money would have been better spent at the strip club.

Some really picked up the pace. I’ll ramble later or in the morning before the warm up session. Practice 2

7A663F65-F7DE-4289-9A5D-DD5E5EA84750.jpeg

Not as windy today so that should help, but the new pavement is still going to cause wrecks. Sucks that we have that variable. Qualifying results below. Nice to see Andretti up front again after a dismal year. Hope they can sustain this all year to make it more fun. With what they did at Thermal and Sebring I’m thinking this is no mirage. Guess we’ll get matchups after the warmup. No race winner play as I see absolutely zero value in them

6B48F184-CBB1-444B-8484-062C2E413A33.jpeg

Not sure Honda should be -190. Little steep in my mind but that’s a pass. Kirkwood is going to have to prove to me he can bring the car home consistently. He didn’t do it last year or here so far. Looking to fade. Josef with a horrible performance. Pags shit the bed as well but has a good car. Harvey is better than 19th but I’ve never trusted him, and that’s performance based, no bias. Veekay should easily move up but you never want to be around the back markers. He was rightfully pissed . Let’s see what they offer

Fucking Grosjean-
He should be fine for the next race, as long as his gynecologist says it’s ok….

Back