St Pete

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
Dixon +800 and Helio +3500 are the value plays but I’m passing. Probably just matchups on the first race of the year. I’ll ramble some thoughts tomorrow hopefully. I will be looking to fade Sato as he has only been in the car one time for testing

DF5057A1-E00D-4E73-9737-EF48C51220EF.png

First practice above. Harvey with a great effort considering he’s had one shot at off season testing like Sato. In theory, he’s upgraded by leaving Meyer Shank and going to RLL. One true test of that is going to be seeing what Helio and pagenuad can do. I will say this about Harvey, he’s damn fast but he’s just one of those guys that never seems to get the result from it. Piss poor luck, screwed up pits, hell you name it. It just happens. Odd to see Palou and Dixon buried on the charts, but that will change. Another practice and qualifying tomorrow.

So grosjean hops in the 28 car and sets the pace the first practice session of the year. Maybe it was time for RHR to go to pasture. That’s not fair, but it immediately popped into my head. Time will tell if I should apologize for that low blow. I’ll dig around and see if there’s any interesting bits of info out there.

One last thing….if Rahal could ever learn to qualify worth a damn, he’ll be in the mix at the end of the year. He can charge on race day but you just make up 12 positions every damn race without getting bitten a few times.

McLaughlin with the surprise. At 27-1 he might be worth a shot as he’s done well in both. Grosjean hammers Sato from behind. Supposedly Sato was only running at half speed on a hot track. Palou finds the wall but not sure how bad. I’m guessing he and Dixon were running different set ups for the disparity between them. Pags with another solid run should be noted as well

Ilott +152 Malukas

Helio -113 Sato

Don’t really like messing with rookies but have to at that number. Not in love with the offerings

What's this on? Doing three things at once and gotta run a couple errands but want to set the tele up

Capt do you go to these open wheel races?

I've been to exactly one in Long Beach in 2001 for "work" and it was awesome. Helio won and I got to meet him, completely was a fan after that but we don't get them locally. Think they did a GP downtown at one time and have done the Phx Raceway in the past but it's NASCAR country and my interest is virtually nil with that.

Capt do you go to these open wheel races?

I've been to exactly one in Long Beach in 2001 for "work" and it was awesome. Helio won and I got to meet him, completely was a fan after that but we don't get them locally. Think they did a GP downtown at one time and have done the Phx Raceway in the past but it's NASCAR country and my interest is virtually nil with that.

I go to Barber, it’s in my backyard. Going to Nashville this year too.

Reactions: KJ
I go to Barber, it’s in my backyard. Going to Nashville this year too.
Outside of growing up in Central Iowa and going to Knoxville for sprint cars on Sat nights I'd never done anything big but Long Beach was incredible. Made me a fan.

Outside of growing up in Central Iowa and going to Knoxville for sprint cars on Sat nights I'd never done anything big but Long Beach was incredible. Made me a fan.

Oh they’re a blast for sure. Long Beach is one of the Crown Jewels of indycar. Maybe one day I hope

Oh they’re a blast for sure. Long Beach is one of the Crown Jewels of indycar. Maybe one day I hope
I'm a stub geek and of course kept this one. I had no clue who Helio Castroneves was til that weekend and was introduced to him, then he won and did the fence climb. Hook, line and sinker for me.

Grand Prix.jpg

Most athletes I've noticed are really good people when you don't act nuts

He was legitimately one of the coolest, possibly because I didn't have a clue who he was lol but just an outstanding, upbeat guy

Back